"Lot Damage" The dealer damaged my car.

drag214

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The dealer damaged my car. I took my car in for maintenance. When I went to pick it up, I noticed the D/S front bumper, reflector, headlight and corner panel were banged up with black paint smudged. I immediately made a stink. They agreed to fix it. I took a look at the finished product on Sat. The headlight and reflector were not replaced. The area where the huge dent was must have been filled in with bondo because I can see what looks to be the signs of collapsed air pockets. The Service Manager wasn't in on Saturday. I just got off the phone with the Service Supervisor. I'm PISSED!!!

Keep up the pressure and tell them it didn't have bondo there coming in so it shouldn't have it when it leaves.

x3

Kick their ass Sea bass!

ragetoons.jpg

+1?

That's pretty bad - are they a Ford or Lincoln dealership?

It's a Ford Dealership.
I called my insurance company. They've been really good for me in the past. Lets see if they can make this work out.

When I spoke with the superviser yesterday, he really ticked me off. I don't want to loose my cool and make things worse.

I had a dealership break my car too. I have an aftermarket BOV on my Speed6 and they went to change the oil and snapped the nipple off it. I get a call saying, hey this happened, sorry bout cha. Ridiculous, to make it even better found a spot of rust bubbling up from where they "fixed" it. They then tell me that I am out of luck, the guy who did the paint in the first place says, to do it right I need 5 days at my shop. He didn't do it "right" in the first place and now he wants me to pay for it. Long story short, I got screwed many times. Good luck I am pulling for you.

Call up corporate, they should be able to help.

We damage things at the dealership sometimes more than I think is normal, but we usually call the customer and fix it before they even have a chance to come in and see it. And normally we go above and beyond with a complete detail and\or buff the scratches all over the car. Something we LOVE in the body shop.

Not all dealers are created equal. If you have options you need to start exploring them. In my experience, a dealer that does commercial sales/service usually has better mechanics. The Lincoln dealer I take my car to really just feels like a bunch of glorified part swappers. They have not impressed me with their technical expertise at all.

So I'll be trying the Ford dealer down the road next time. I used to take my SHO there and was happy with the techs they had. They'd even let you walk out into the shop with them and poke around under the car with them.

Yeah me too

my dealer farmed out the work to a central shop which fixed cars for all the local dealerships. They dropped the lift with my door open and hung it up on something, doing a nice bend in the door. I took it right back and they agreed to fix it right. A nice job, but their mechanical work only lasted 8 months, then failure.

Someone suggested calling corporate. That is BY FAR your best option. Believe me that dealership doesn't want a call coming in from Lincoln concerning a customers unsatisfactory experience. My Scion had just under 200mi left on the warranty and the dealer was refusing to fix an issue. Called up corporate and it was fixed instantly and I was apologized to up and down like a king.

this doesnt always work, as I found out with Mike Bass Ford.

Ford will get back to you saying "its been forwarded to the dealer's customer satisfaction dept, dealers are all privately owned, and therefore we hold no responsibility"

and then you never hear back from the dealer.

and then you complain some more, and the dealer "looks into it" then never gets back to you, etc.

Raise hell. They'll take care of you. If its important enough to you, you will do anything in your power to get it back to 100%. As long as you are persistent it is THEIR fault and they must take care of it.

In your case it shouldn't be as bad. As they had already "tried" to fix it but you noticed it was a b/s fix. That their already shows they know that they made a mistake. Its up to you unfortunately to force them to hold to their "mission statement"

If customer services doesn't work for you then you have to work for customer service :)

A local TV station with a 'public service' reporter is also a good bet. I'd threaten the dealer with TV exposure before you actually do it!

KS

this doesnt always work, as I found out with Mike Bass Ford.

Ford will get back to you saying "its been forwarded to the dealer's customer satisfaction dept, dealers are all privately owned, and therefore we hold no responsibility"

and then you never hear back from the dealer.

and then you complain some more, and the dealer "looks into it" then never gets back to you, etc.

Same thing here with Courtesy Ford...now Hall Ford. Me and an alum ballbat got things real strait! Have I told everyone I don't take BS very well and have no patience for lunacy?:mad:

Insurance can't do anything. It's not looking good.

Take them to small claims court. No need for lawyers, just need proof that the car wasn't broken before it went in and an estimate to fix it.

Members online

Back