"Lot Damage" The dealer damaged my car.

Better Business Bureau - and I would recommend contacting the Manager of the Dealership (not the Service Manager) and let them know the steps you have taken AFTER you have called the BBB. The BBB should give you some type of case number which you should relay to the Dealership Manager. The last thing would be to tell him that you've contacted an attorney to begin a litigation process.

Any proof you have of their admission/fault should be provided as well. If everything was verbal, then hopefully you had a witness with you.

Better Business Bureau - and I would recommend contacting the Manager of the Dealership (not the Service Manager) and let them know the steps you have taken AFTER you have called the BBB. The BBB should give you some type of case number which you should relay to the Dealership Manager. The last thing would be to tell him that you've contacted an attorney to begin a litigation process.

Any proof you have of their admission/fault should be provided as well. If everything was verbal, then hopefully you had a witness with you.

Best advice right here. I am business law student and general protocol is all they are telling you now. You have to go above the service manager like the dealership manager or owner of the dealership. Statistical studies show over 60% of people with a customer service problem get frustrated and give up on their problem. Be persistent and stay on them.

The BBB is a racket. You can file a complaint if you want, but I wouldn't count on it to mean much. If they care they will just give the BBB a few hundred bucks and the complaint will disappear.

At this point, I'd take the car to a real body shop, get a quote done to repair it, and start proceedings with Small Claims Court. Looks like anything under $7500 is small claims for you. Filing fee is $75 or less. Here's some Cali specific stuff: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/research.htm

Looks like you all have a "Bureau of Automotive Repair". Looks like you need to start there, get your documentation from them after they do their mediation stuff, then off to the court. How long that takes, who knows.

Going above/beyond the service manager might be worthwhile too. Specially if you go in there with all your information lined up in a row regarding the small claims court and what not.

And like the other said, I hope you have photos of the damage, the botched repair, the car before it went into the shop, and hopefully something in writing of what they screwed up (or a witness).

Members online

Back