Looking to put rims on my lincoln ls 2001

Not trying to be a dick - but good wheels cost WELL over the value of a PS4. You MAY get lucky on clist and find something cheap that is decent, but it's rare - especially now with the market for the LS being garbage and the bolt pattern being pretty rare as well.

I chose to get Jaguar rims for the sake of our crazy bolt pattern..I thought about opting with spacers to accommodate another bolt pattern but I didn't want them sticking too far out..and I really don't trust the security of having spacers on. Much better to either get a Jag rim or spend the cash and get rims that fit for our bolt pattern. A PS4 is maybe $500 new..you can't get rims for that price unless you hunt for them or catch one of Malara's website discounts. I paid $300 for the Coventry Hornets on my LS..they were mounted on a Jaguar and were impeccable when I bought them..and they have a offset of +42..with the 255's that I have on the back..not trusting a spacer..but that is just luck..hope you find what you're looking for...expect to pay a little more than PS4 money.

Im actually almost bored with the Coventry's that I have on...and they are beautiful..but even if I was to sell them with the brand new tires that I just put on last week...they would have to sell way above a PS4 budget..just saying. It is an investment.

I'm not going to go so far as to say it would ruin the suspension. But from my personal experiences (and this is all I can speak to) it will definitely add stress to the hub. Heavier wheels on the hub will cause the hub to wear faster. Maybe I've been unlucky but I replaced the hubs once in 2012 and now have to do it again... very soon.

^ thanks jjcool for aiding my point, i didnt mean it would destroy the suspension , it would wear it out quicker

This I can definitely attest to.

wow. another good point. I have replaced my rear wheel bearing 5 times in the last year...the same wheel. Are you saying that maybe the Coventry's caused this..? The last time was last week when I put the tires on.it was wobbling like a bobble head...the time prior to that I put a new hub on along with the 5th new wheel bearing.. thinking the old one was defective..but as of last week..another wheel bearing repair on the same wheel. Granted I did both sides together..but the left side has been fine since the original repair in 7/13..this concerns me..someone have an idea...?

are the wheels balanced ? have you inspected for cracks ? my friend recently had a issue with the hub because his wheel had a crack in it throwing off the balance in the car

Lets do away with all the sticky threads at the top. Its painfully obvious that nobody ever reads them. The info the OP needs is in the stickys. If he'd read those there would be no reason for yet another worthless thread asking the same question that has been answered a million times.

And if you cant afford a few hundred for wheels then you bought the wrong car fella. Wait till you have some real problems that cost real money....and that will happen. So when your car starts misfiring or overheating, please dont start a new thread asking why.

Lets do away with all the sticky threads at the top. Its painfully obvious that nobody ever reads them. The info the OP needs is in the stickys. If he'd read those there would be no reason for yet another worthless thread asking the same question that has been answered a million times.

Yep, I already linked the sticky thread in this thread with all of the information too... no one reads them.

wow. another good point. I have replaced my rear wheel bearing 5 times in the last year...the same wheel. Are you saying that maybe the Coventry's caused this..? The last time was last week when I put the tires on.it was wobbling like a bobble head...the time prior to that I put a new hub on along with the 5th new wheel bearing.. thinking the old one was defective..but as of last week..another wheel bearing repair on the same wheel. Granted I did both sides together..but the left side has been fine since the original repair in 7/13..this concerns me..someone have an idea...?

5 times in one year is excessive. Are you using OEM parts or autozone parts? If Autozone parts you have your answer. If OEM parts then something else is wrong. Your wheels are definitely part of it, as ghost says I would check for cracks, dents, get them road force balanced. Try moving a different wheel onto the hub - maybe the front driver side, does it still wear at the same rate? Maybe that wheel in particular is faulty.

Common premature wear of wheel hub/bearings may also lay in the fact that most
are cranked on with impact guns while torque specs were never even considered.

Shameless plug...I'mm selling my old wheels.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?91641-19-quot-Konig-Prophets

null_zps059167ac.jpg

Excuse me for sounding dumb.but what is road force balance..? I have seen that term a lot..but never was brave enuff to ask..lmao.

dont cheap on your car or it will cheap out on you, save up for a nice set

While beauty is certainly in the eyes of the beholder, a QUALITY set of wheels at least offers you more choices as far as styling goes. It's just like the overall price of a new car...spend $10k on a box, or spend $40k and get s/thing that by MOST people's standards, is much more stylish & sexy. As with wheels, when you have more you can invest in them, your choices are opened up a great bit more.

And when you (as Ghost says), "Cheap on your car" with cheap, low end wheels, it's like putting a Chinese $1 polyester tie on with a $700 Ermenegildo Zegna Suit :). To worsen matters...ya think ur lookin' sharp! lol

The ghost is a huge car though, like the size of an small/medium suv so it can handle the 24's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back