Looking to put rims on my lincoln ls 2001

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
My buddy has 5x112 or something similiar

he said wheel spacers are 20$ at oreilly's?

my bolt pattern is 5x108mm correct?

what all do i need to put these babies on today?

527123_695753830468215_1965827057_n.jpg

527123_695753830468215_1965827057_n.jpg

My personal opinion - don't they are hideous. But personal opinions aside - you will need to know the off-set you will need adapters to convert the pattern from 5x112 to 5x108 which may or may not be possible depending on the off-set. I'd suggest searching the forum as this has been discussed in approx 189675 threads.

so many issues with this : 1.) bolt pattern is wrong so you need adapters not spacers 2.) you would need custom made adapters with hub centric rings to even attempt to make this work 3.) those are really ugly ( no offense man but your better keeping your stocks on and either paint those or just wait for rims that actually fit on your car directly no mods needed

alright i won't get them but, I am just looking to not have to spend monday as I have a ps4 I am trading lol

dont cheap on your car or it will cheap out on you, save up for a nice set

yeah but with rims and tires it'll be close to 1500$ something not possible being a single father with two kids

Not trying to be a dick - but good wheels cost WELL over the value of a PS4. You MAY get lucky on clist and find something cheap that is decent, but it's rare - especially now with the market for the LS being garbage and the bolt pattern being pretty rare as well.

just be on the look out for some jaguar , volvo , and some ford rims , they have some great looking stock rims out there , seen many people get lucky and get a great deal on a set with tires

Not trying to be a dick - but good wheels cost WELL over the value of a PS4. You MAY get lucky on clist and find something cheap that is decent, but it's rare - especially now with the market for the LS being garbage and the bolt pattern being pretty rare as well.
tell me about it man. lol can u link me to some rims that will fit the offset and

As ghost said - some volvos fit, some jaguars, some newer fords fit. It really depends on the bolt pattern and off set. There is a good thread on this somewhere.

id stay away from 20s unless you want to change your suspension parts sooner , plus 20s have skinnier tires so damaging the rim is highly likely

what would u recommend then?

2002 S-Type Jaguar custom factory wheels (including tires) for sale

Specs: 235/50 R17 7.5x17 ET45

Tires tread is high and in great condition as these were replaced with rims then put in storage.
Car has since been sold without original wheels so I am looking to get rid of these/free up space.

00606_dbiwYEo2vqB_600x450.jpg

00606_dbiwYEo2vqB_600x450.jpg

Why are you hunting for wheels? For looks or is there a particular reason? If it's for looks - take your time and find what you like. Remember it's going on your car and you'll have to look at it everyday. If your wheels are cracked, bent, etc and you need to replace them asap then that's a diff story. Those Jags would fit fine but do not provide a visual upgrade per say. I loved my stock wheels and the only reason I got rid of them was because the chrome was peeling so bad it started to pierce the tires... ask Mlara - he's seen my tires :)

those would fit but if you were to stay in the 17 inch range your stocks are better looking than those ( my opinion )

powdercoated 17s ( same rims as yours) and the second pic is 18 inch jaguar rims

00101_4trd1zTC1X8_600x450.jpg

ee29ae1e.jpg

Why are you hunting for wheels? For looks or is there a particular reason? If it's for looks - take your time and find what you like. Remember it's going on your car and you'll have to look at it everyday. If your wheels are cracked, bent, etc and you need to replace them asap then that's a diff story. Those Jags would fit fine but do not provide a visual upgrade per say. I loved my stock wheels and the only reason I got rid of them was because the chrome was peeling so bad it started to pierce the tires... ask Mlara - he's seen my tires :)

two of the stock rims are bent and it makes it hard to steer sometimes. that's why i need an upgrade lol. so do u think those would fit? and look nice?

ahhhhh well that info would have been nice to knw haha , are they bent bad ?

two of the stock rims are bent and it makes it hard to steer sometimes. that's why i need an upgrade lol. so do u think those would fit? and look nice?

Ok so it's a necessity. Yes they would fit, yes its a good deal. Check the wheels by rubbing your fingers along the edges on the inside to check for bends. If you feel unsmooth areas or areas where it seems raised then there are bends and you will have the same issues you have now.

so continuing my search, what information do i need to keep in mind?

18' rims (maxium for overall stability of the car?)
Jaguar, Volvo or Ford?

since you say money is a issue , 18s are nice because they weigh just a tad more than stocks ( stay away from chrome tend to be heavier) , you dont have to worry about stress on suspension parts ( dont have to change them sooner than u have to ) , tires are relatively less expensive , finding the right offset is key and having hub centric rings will help stop vibrations

ok my mechanic says .."I've have 24s on a Buick park ave. no problems and had it go 2 states away and never an issue. Size won't ruin suspension" i dont know who to trust anymore lol

24's on a Buick Park Avenue! I think I just threw up.

more weight more stress on parts that were designed to handle stock specs ( maybe a little more)

Members online

No members online now.
Back