looking to buy a 97 lsc have some questions

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys im looking to buy a 97 mark 8 lsc red with tan. 118k rear bags leak down after three days and driver seat he said is mest up also said the seal on back window is no good. please help me looking to find the parts i need not sure were to get them and is it worth buying i can get for 800

For eight bills??
Yep buy it.
Rear bags are stupid easy to do.
Lots of write ups on how to fix the seat.

I got a mint rear window out of a junk car installed for $160.

Check out the front end for for slop "upper control arms, lower control arms, ball joints.
Check to make sure blend door works "blows heat"
Check to see if rear neon works.

hey guys im looking to buy a 97 mark 8 lsc red with tan. 118k rear bags leak down after three days and driver seat he said is mest up also said the seal on back window is no good. please help me looking to find the parts i need not sure were to get them and is it worth buying i can get for 800

Even a new rear window straight from ford is only $279 + shipping and it is original, brand new and never installed. Click link, click "body hardware" and then you should see "back glass" at the top. Shipping isn't really bad at all, considering it is glass and the install will run you about $100 and this one comes with brand new rubber and not something that has already taken a sun beating and other weather related hits over the years.

http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/1997/LINCOLN/MARK VIII/?siteid=213668&vehicleid=1188558&searchText=[url]http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/1997/LINCOLN/MARK%20VIII/?siteid=213668&vehicleid=1188558&searchText=[/URL]

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L DOHC V8 with 118K original miles. Interior and body are in good shape, with and aftermarket MP3/Ipod Alpine head unit. Motor/trans run well. Ice cold A/C.

It does need some TLC:

-Front end pulls to right
-Rear air ride suspension needs work
-Moonroof has leak

Great car for the Mark VIII fan that needs project.

Front end pull is prob the strut rod bushings, have a good look at the front end.

Rear bags are super easy as fordnut said.

Moonroof leak could be a pain depending on where its leaking.

Check to see if:

Drivers seat motor works

Check the Blend door acuator (heat-a/c) Difficult if buying a car in the summer, ask me how I know. :(

Rear neon and front hids

Telescopic wheel controls (up/down- in/out)

For 800 i'd get it in a heartbeat.

Front end pull is prob the strut rod bushings, have a good look at the front end.

or ball joints. on my car, even with totally destroyed strut rod bushings, it didn't pull. but with bad lower ball joints, tapping the brakes would run you off the road.

or ball joints. on my car, even with totally destroyed strut rod bushings, it didn't pull. but with bad lower ball joints, tapping the brakes would run you off the road.

True, mine did it when I bought it. Ended up being the srb's and the lower bj on the same side. Srb was the main reason for the pull though.

Leaking moonroof is most likely a clogged drain hole. There are four of them. One in each corner. The headliner needs to be pulled to to get to it. Still worth the money.

ok i got the pics of it rear interior is :q:q:q:qing nasty i want you guys to look at it. let me know what you think

5c186793.gif
1bb32b2a.gif

3313dbc5.gif

16f43783.gif
e617504e.gif

c7575895.gif

339d3424.gif

Those seats will come up just fine if you use Magic Erasers. You can hunt down those side panels. GMAN probably has them. It really looks like a nice car. If you turn it down, I'm going to have my buddy buy it for me.

buy it

I just looked at a 97 at a dealership and it was NFG They were only asking $2498 Somebody carved the Lincoln emblem out of the drivers seat with a dull knife Buy it Buy it Buy it

Those seats will clean up.

Its an 800 dollar car, it's going to have some issues.

can you guys try and help me find the side panels and i saw on the drivers door the chrome missing around the switches

for 8 bills mi wife wouldnt even mind me showing up with another car
and i have 6 vehicles
buy it dude before somone else does
hell it even has octis on it....

Buy it for sure. That car is well worth 800 even if it had more wrong with it than you said!

As long as it is mechanically sound (runs strong, burns no oil, transmission shifts good) you're golden.

Even a new rear window straight from ford is only $279 + shipping and it is original, brand new and never installed. Click link, click "body hardware" and then you should see "back glass" at the top. Shipping isn't really bad at all, considering it is glass and the install will run you about $100 and this one comes with brand new rubber and not something that has already taken a sun beating and other weather related hits over the years.

http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/1997/LINCOLN/MARK VIII/?siteid=213668&vehicleid=1188558&searchText=[url]http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/1997/LINCOLN/MARK%20VIII/?siteid=213668&vehicleid=1188558&searchText=[/URL]

To OP, make sure you look over it carefully. I recently to look at a 98 that I knew needed some work. When I went to look at it, I would've needed to put 5k into it before being able to enjoy it.

To Nolimit95, thanks for the link on the rear window. I had no idea that you could still get these with new moldings. I'll be ordering a rear glass and 2 side windows tomorrow........:D

To OP, make sure you look over it carefully. I recently to look at a 98 that I knew needed some work. When I went to look at it, I would've needed to put 5k into it before being able to enjoy it.

To Nolimit95, thanks for the link on the rear window. I had no idea that you could still get these with new moldings. I'll be ordering a rear glass and 2 side windows tomorrow........:D

$5K?!? What did it need? Take off the gas cap and drive a whole new car under it?

That thing looks pretty decent for $800..outside pics look clean but its pretty shadowed and hard to see.. being it's from jersey you gotta really check for rust, look for bubbling at the seam where the rear 1/4s and rocker panels meet and the bottoms of the doors..if its rusty at all it ain't worth putting money into if you want a nice looking car. That interior can clean up..use some kind of leather cleaner and take the seat belts out and wash them either in the dish washer or regular washer with a little bleach..everything else you described that's wrong with it isn't a hard fix..just takes a little labor on your part..

Members online

No members online now.
Back