Long time lurker, first time poster

Mustangdanimal

LVC Member
Reaction score
Great forum. Just bought my second LSE, an '05. Had one 5 years ago and sold it when I got a company car. Now that we have an allowance option, went back to the LSE. Got one cheap ($6k) with 109k miles that needs a little sorting.

Here's what I've got coming in/installing/installed:

1. Solenoid pack, filter, Castrol Mercon V (delay shift from P to R or D, harsh 3-4 shift) (bought a Mityvac 2 gal to replace fluid along with the Ford nipple)
2. Coil packs. Duh! (throws an occasional cyl 1 misfire, just replace all) New NKG plugs as well.
3. Brakes - vibrate slightly, pads about 30%. Bought the Eline diamond slot kit off eBay with ceramic pads. Bought two new front wheel bearings as well since I have some humming coming from the front.
4. Polished headlights (600,1000,2000 and buff) Look 100% better. Not sandblasted anymore.
5. Fog lights. One was broken, so replaced both.
6. Tires. Had unmatched set that was mostly worn. Got the new Toyo Proxes Four Plus. Great shoes so far!
7. Oil change with Penzoil Platinum 5w20 and K&N filter ($29.99 special at Advance!!)
8. K&N air filter, Purolator cabin filter
9. Two new PATS keys and remotes (car came with one worn key).
10. B&I dash kit in brushed aluminum (Hate the cheap silver plastic)

Got some things done and waiting on some warmer weather to do the trans and cops. Cosmetically the car is great. Need to have the front bumper re-done from curb rash on the bottom, but that's it. Even the chrome wheels have NO peeling/corrosion!! Interior near perfect. Carfax two owner car. A little sorting, and it'll be a great ride.

Recently got a '07 Cadillac DTS Performance, so this forum is perfect! Great info here guys. Thanks!
Dan

Welcome. Sounds like you got it all covered, maybe check on the Degas to see if it has been replaced yet. Mine failed on me right around 110k.

Pics. We like pics.

Signed up to be a gold member. Everyone who has gained any knowledge from this forum should do so. Thirty bucks? I've saved hundreds reading posts already!!!

coolant reservoir... known to go out... except mine (knock, knock)

If the plastic cooling system pipes haven't been replaced, then they're probably getting close. Just monitor for small leaks. any overheating will be from cracks/leaks and might as well replace a dozen parts or so all at once.

Welcome. Pics?

Too dirty for pics right now. It's 25* outside. Hate this winter. Loved the "global warming" last winter. It's March dammit!!

My car looks just like the one on the left in your pic below. Silver birch/black 2005 LSE.

Degas bottle. Duh! They put that in a nice spot too. Love these cars, but too much quirky British engineering in them along with the typical "we ran out of budget on the interior" Ford plastic crap on the inside!

Some pics from the dealer's website in Akron. May not be up too long.

File0_061241_800600.jpg

File0_018489_800600.jpg

coolant reservoir... known to go out... except mine (knock, knock)

Now that you have said that you better order one.

Welcome to the forum 'stang. Sounds like you are on the right track. Let us know if you need anything.

Members online

No members online now.
Back