blue masking tape

laquer thinner

cotton swabs

ok so what you have to do is remove the 5 security screws as shown bellow

20130423_203356.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130423_203735.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

once you remove them you have complete access to the front gaugeface and can proceed to remove the needles but first you need to mark there position(shown in pic)with the vehicle in the off position.

make sure to mark exact resting position before removal!!this is a very critical but easy step

for reference only
20130423_204105.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

once you mark exact needle position grab a hold of the needles and pull them straight up toward you.once done your cluster should look like this
20130423_204129.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

at this point gently pry the gauge face off the plexi glass usung a butterknife around the needle hole locations once you release the face from those four holding points pull the gauge face off the cluster as shown

20130423_204152.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

now you can start the green film removal process this will take a matter of 20 minutes to do but before you start mask off all the icons around the rpm,speedo,fuel and temp side.

once this is done take laquer thinner dip a cotton swab in the thinner and start rubbing the green off the face and off the left and right matrix info display as shown in pic above.

once your done your gaugeface should look like this...

20130422_152707.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i added blue headlight film from ebay to the matrix display so it can be a bit more blue

once you mod the gaugeface pop the needles back in and secure the front face to the cluster(do not remove the tape just yet until you do the led bulb swap!

the next step is accessing the bulbs and sockets so what you have to do is

remove the 5 security T15 security screws as shown.

20130423_203133.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

then remove the expansion board and unclip the 4 harness's attached to it.unfortunately my dumbass tossed it before taking a pic so sorry guys no pic for that removal procedure

next step,
remove the 7 sockets that have white circles around them those are for the gaugeface and needle lighting.you will need a leatherman or needle nose pliers to twist the bulbs off the board

20130423_203231.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

once you remove these pop in leds and plug the face into the car,turn on the lights and test if they dont lite pull the bulbs out and turn them in the opposite way or you can check polarity using a digital volt meter(i recommend this)

once you verified polarity and all is good with the lighting reverse removal proceeder to get everything back in order

your lighting should look like this once your done with conversion process

next start your car and verify needles are where they should be once all is checked remove masking tape from face and screw everything back together and bask in the glory of your one of a kind led cluster conversion!!!

finished product

20130423_201200.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this is the led and socket used from ebay,copy and paste this in ebays search bar then you can just look for any color you like.

10X Red B8.3D 1SMD 5050
20130423_202256.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DO NOT USE THESE!!!!!!!they get hot smoke and can cause a fire!!! i tested them they are apsolute garbage
20130423_205731.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130423_205725.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

give me some love let me know what you think also check out my interior switch conversions

adrst.....I hate you...really do.

I don't have the time or cash to toss everything in the mail and have you do my entire interior...but some day you will.

Looks great!!

Bro.I have a second gen kit in blue you don't need to send me anything until after you install the parts I send you.the kit is complete

What is the two exposed holes in the top center for? Is that to hold it in place? I am trying to picture what is up there.

Edit, I think this is used to attach the bezel... Hmmm I wonder if it would be possible to mod the valentine display into this spot.

Bro.I have a second gen kit in blue you don't need to send me anything until after you install the parts I send you.the kit is complete

Mine's a GenI...and trust me it will get done...yeah I know I keep saying it..but time is hard to come by...as well as money.

Sounds like next week I'll be putting in 12+ hours in the field too...haha

What is the two exposed holes in the top center for? Is that to hold it in place? I am trying to picture what is up there.

Edit, I think this is used to attach the bezel... Hmmm I wonder if it would be possible to mod the valentine display into this spot.

Those holes are actually cut pots to light up the icons in that spot I'm not sure what icons go there.you can remove the paint behind them and have them light up a different color that goes for the rest of the icons on the gaugeface as well

Mine's a GenI...and trust me it will get done...yeah I know I keep saying it..but time is hard to come by...as well as money.

Sounds like next week I'll be putting in 12+ hours in the field too...haha

Let me know when your ready so I can put you second on the list.

Wow adrst that looks sick! Might have to do this to mine, in blue.

What are the odds of being able to get clear needles?

Hmmmm let me look into that.I have a set of 01 Buick le sabre needles that just might work.

Ill let you know tonight when I get home
I havea 03/06 blue ls kit somebody buy it.I need the core.lol

Here Is your answer

20130424_132840-1.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks vato!!!!,you are the man!.

hey thanks to this guy im able to offer these kits.cant thank you enough!!!!

adrst2.3 have you considered becoming a GOLD member of this forum ?

i actually have and will do so once my paypal issues clear.i lost my walmart card linked to it so i cant make any purchases till i get the new one :(,why you ask big R?

LS conversion

i just did a conversion on a big ass denali,it took me 14 hours to do!!!,ill post a pic or 2 soon

20130428_172338.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
thats just the front driver side.i also did the passenger front and rear switches..up next is the audio headunit,both front and rear ac/heater controls and to top it all off the rear dvd entertainment system,whooo thats alot!

Would be the right thing to do and that pic above is amazing looking!

thanks man,this is a great forum that actually likes and respects my work so definitly will be going gold besides i want all the extra user perks you get when your vip.lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back