Lincoln LS Instrument cluster led conversion by adrst2.3

Give me advance notice of when your coming to the chi so I can have a kit ready for swap

Looks good. From bad experiences with the needles I would suggest powering the cluster up once the clear lens is off and then marking the needle's position. Once the panel is back together power it up again to set the needles back in place.

I've had the gauge shaft rotate and screw things up.

Yes,he is correct,thanks man.that's exactly what I had to do on the Denali last weekend.I actually had to do it a few times but your absolutely correct on that one.I hate clusters for that reason.the calibration part sucks.I will edit the how to tonight

Give me advance notice of when your coming to the chi so I can have a kit ready for swap

i'll def. give you 2 weeks in advance. I like the blue now also that I see it also. damn it's hard to choose which color would look good because they all look good :confused:

Hey this layout is pretty freakin awesome!man can't wait till I can do paid membership.

Got a blue second gen kit that Gots to go.show me some love here.lol

Red first gen now available in red for purchase.this includes replacement led bulbs for gauge cluster

Red first gen now available in red for purchase.this includes replacement led bulbs for gauge cluster

I would love to get a white setup for my Gen 1. How much lead time do you need? Is there anything I need to do or supply?

Haven't been to Chicago in several years... this is a flippin' good reason to return.

Unfortunately some ******* that was a member here stole my gen 1 kit I sent so now I'm left with an incomplete kit.it cvr would be easier if you sent your stuff in for modification and me mail back. Turn around time is about 3 to 4 days after I receive parts

Lmaol I did that to my focus Cuz the led's left dead spots. I'm glad im not the only one

My LS is my daily driver for the time being. It just isn't feasible to tear down and leave sit.

adrst2.3 question for ya!

this thingy here circled in red,
1.jpg

see what mine does,
digits.jpg

when I dim it all the way down?
digits2.jpg

The first digit has a defect and turns into a 7.
but only when dimmed down (which is how I usually like to roll)

That thingy sits in a seated connector and just pops out ... or is SMT soldered to the board?
I see 1st GEN clusters at the yards and was thinking of smash and grab one of those thingy's to replace mine with.

foresee any problems ?

TIA

1.jpg

digits.jpg

digits2.jpg

Looks like your display needs new solder reflowed to the pins of that bad boy

It is soldered to the board huh?

censored.gif
Thought it looked like it was seated in a connector. Too bad.

Well if it's seatded to a connector you can try pulling the display out (carefully) then pushing the contact pins in the connector toward the inside so the display pins have a tighter fit also reflow solder to the connector pins

Well if it's seatded to a connector you can try pulling the display out (carefully) then pushing the contact pins in the connector toward the inside so the display pins have a tighter fit also reflow solder to the connector pins

Hmmm interesting, that first pic is one of yours of a cluster you have open.
I do not have my cluster open at this time, I was asking if you knew if it was soldered to the board or seated in it's own connector.

you don't think I could just pop a replacement display onto the connector and be done with it.

it seriously would require reflowing of the connections from the board huh?
~ not that such would be a problem for me, took some 50 & 100mil spec SMT certified soldering courses
for reflow when I worked for DIGITAL EQUIPMENT back in the days.

Really was just hoping I'd just pop a new display in and be done with it. (kinda like how I thought I'd just win the lotto the other day also but NO!)

Thanks much!

Yes you can replace it but try reflowing solder to connector pins and yes it is removable since there is a connector that the display sits on

Members online

Back