Lets talk about replacement cars

KyLSV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 LS V8. Its a sport but has the bumper conversion to the lse. I love my ls just missing on the power compared to my former car.

What i am really getting at what would you get as your next vehicle? I am wanting a e39 M5 and keeping he ls and drive it daily. Any opinions on that?

Will

Go for it. I would if i could afford it.

I believe a former member did that. "Kelleyo" or something like that. He traded tho...and never looked back :D

Probably a WRX, Audi, etc. Something AWD for the winters here, even though the last one was dryer than expected.

Audi A4, B6 or B7 series. Really like those cars.

e39 M5 would be awesome. Out of my price range though. As much as I like my LS I've threw around the idea of getting something else. I really want a manual and preferably faster. I like the Mazdaspeed 6 or an Audi would be nice.

My next car will hopefully be a G8 GT. 361hp will be a nice bump, not M5 quality but pretty nice for a GM car. Would shoot for a 403hp GXP/6-speed but don't feel like a manual around NYC...

G8's are ok.

CTS-V wipes the floor with it.

Ive been looking at supplementing my LS with another ford, an 07+ expedition to be exact.

my next car will be a ford ranger, then a Hyundai Sonata (keeping the truck for my boat).

Let me explain.

The LS is going under the knife to be a streetable track car as some of you saw in my other threads.

I need a small truck to tow my fishing boat and haul minor items.

And for the Hyundai, I can not beat the warranty for a car that will be nothing more than driving to work and and the store and such. I mean honestly a 100,000 mile 10 year warranty. The less money i have to put into that the more that can go to the LS. So that is my thinking.

If I where looking to replace the ls, then perhaps an M3 or 5 series. Or an Audi A5 or similar type vehicles. But the last thing I will need with a project car is another expensive daily.

As soon as I find a good deal on an Subaru wrx sti or a lancer evo I'm jumping on it, selling NY Nissan though not my LS!!

my next car will be a ford ranger, then a Hyundai Sonata (keeping the truck for my boat).

Let me explain.

The LS is going under the knife to be a streetable track car as some of you saw in my other threads.

I need a small truck to tow my fishing boat and haul minor items.

And for the Hyundai, I can not beat the warranty for a car that will be nothing more than driving to work and and the store and such. I mean honestly a 100,000 mile 10 year warranty. The less money i have to put into that the more that can go to the LS. So that is my thinking.

If I where looking to replace the ls, then perhaps an M3 or 5 series. Or an Audi A5 or similar type vehicles. But the last thing I will need with a project car is another expensive daily.

Ford rangers are ok but i dunno theyre just way too damn cramped/underpowered. I love the F150/Expedition platform. Not that the 5.4 is a beast but its good for up to 10K lbs with the right hitch.

Some of those rangers are really expensive for what they are.

If youre going hyundai at least get a genesis coupe. Rwd and brembos and a strong V6 or a turbo 4 banger.

I had an 1st gen S10 ext cab 2WD before it was wrecked by some idiot who didn't know how to work a stop sign. It was a great little truck. Underpowered, true, but I was gathering parts for a V8 conversion that would have fixed that little problem. I'd had Cadillac CTS seats installed, making it a comfy truck to drive. Before I found my current truck I was looking for a 2nd gen ext cab 4x4 to replace it.

I must say that while my LS is a nice car, it just doesn't hold a place in my heart. I primarily bought it because my wife has a severe back injury making the truck too harsh a ride for her. The LS fixes that problem. As to what I'd replace it with, no idea. I liked the Audis until I had one for a rental. It was a nice little car, a loaded A6 AWD with a supercharged 3.0 with 150 miles on it. There was too much on the car I didn't like to buy one though. The whole fob thing replacing the key was annoying as hell. The wife had a hard time getting in and out of it, and it wasn't as comfortable as the LS is. The power was outstanding though. I really wanted one before, but now I can't see buying one.

I think I'd have to look at either a Mercedes SLK500 or a Porsche Cayenne as a replacement.

I like sporty 4 doors, so I'm leaning towards an s4, but I would prefer to growl of a v8 so maybe an s5 or the A6 with the 4.2.

i wish an e 39 with a tiptronic transmission but i can t found it????????
but certainly i will buy the F10 bmw m5 when it will be about 30.000dollars,,in 5 or 6 years its the beautist car in the world in my eyes right now after my lincoln lse 2005

a porshe cayenne turbo 2004-2005 will be a great choice also

I sat in one on the showroom floor while we were looking for a car, the same day I bought my LS. I swear the Cayenne is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever sat in. It fit my butt perfectly, damn near bought the thing on the spot. But as my job's not reliable... The Cayenne goes for 40K to 80K, and have a 0-60 of 6 seconds or less, and the cheap one will go 140MPH. The expensive one will go 175MPH. Plenty of room for a family of 4 too.

Course, I also want a convertible, which is why I'd like to have the Mercedes.

finnaly my ranking:
1-porsche cayenne turbo 2004-2005/m5(e39-e60)
2-mercedes cls55 amg 2006
3-pontiac g8(the only thing that i dosent like that it still a pontaic also she is so beautiful)
And if i will keep my lse 2005 for the next 5 or 6 years my next will be certainly the F10 BMW M5(wonderful amazinf beautifull awork of art a master peace....

the only problem ,,its too expansive to take care it still a luxury volkswagen
but it s a great choise realy it s amazing to see an suv able to go 175 mph (gambla turo s)
but a turbo can suffy

something with a Tremec for sure.

most likely a 2nd gen V
prefer fewer doors, but i'd be fine with four.
looked at a couple of 1st gens and could finally get over how it looked on the outside, but just couldn't get over how it looks on the inside. also seeing a lot of rear end problems once you start getting to the target area that i want to be at

also, am always keeping my eye open for the right deal on a convertible terminator.

I'm getting tired of always having a fast'ish car, the next one i buy is not going to have a problem 500 to the REAR wheels

I have a 03 LS V8. Its a sport but has the bumper conversion to the lse. I love my ls just missing on the power compared to my former car.

What i am really getting at what would you get as your next vehicle? I am wanting a e39 M5 and keeping he ls and drive it daily. Any opinions on that?

Will

If your looking to get an e39 M5 with lower miles, you'll pay about thirty? For that you might aswell just by an '06 e46 M3 with 45K miles or so. Unless the M5 really does somthing for ya, id buy an m3. Just my thoughts...

I'm up in the air when and if I can ever make the addition when I graduate. I'm confident, but ya never know what can happen.

Probably look into a diesel super duty so I can haul some toys around. With the right work as you may know, they haul some serious ass. Will be shopping around though for my first new car and consider anything from a fiesta on up. In all honesty my first addition might be a bike, VRSC to be exact.

Members online

Back