LED front turn signals question

mine too. im gonna go back to radio shack this weekend and try to replicate. i have a gen2 v6 by the way.

Well mine turned out to be disconnected. I guess I never put it back since I put the angel eyes in and just hadn't paid attenting to it. They both light now.

Little problem now. For some reason, putting the resistor on running lights makes you get hyper flash on the dash when you have the parking lights on, I think it also gives you a bulb out message, I can't remember if I didn't like the hyper flash or that the bulb out message came out. I couldn't get it to go away so I just took the resistors off.

Here are some pics of the LED's on with the parking lights

PA090214.jpg

PA090216.jpg

PA090218.jpg

PA090221.jpg

PA090222.jpg

I do have to say alax your LS is one of the best looking. nuthing but class.

Thanks guys. No I dont change the grilles daily, I just left the mclaren grille on there from the photoshoot.

Yeah that ls is beautiful.....looks like a beamer.

Well the lights will work, I just haven't figured out how to get the bulb out message to go away.

A little correction, if you're ok with the bulb out message for now.

For the amber bulbs, use a 50 ohm 10w resistor in parallel with the running lights wire to make amber bulb light up dim and when the turn signal is used, it will light up at full brightness. If you use a 10 ohm or less resistor, the bulb will light up at 90% brightness and when the turn signal is used, there will be very little difference in brightness to tell if the turn signal is on or not.

For those with the switchback bulbs, since there are two sets of lights on one bulb, you can use a 10 ohm or less resistor in parallel with the running lights and both the running lights( white light), will be bright and turn signal light( amber light) will also be bright.

I'll post back if I figure out how to get rid of the bulb out message.

That doesn't look too bad at all.

Man your LS is so aggressive looking with the McLaren... jealous as fawk

ok so i just need to use a 50 ohm 10w parrallel with the running lights, i'm not too concerned about the parking lights being a little dim, but how dim do you actually mean? like to the point where you can barely see it?

I didn't go outside at night to see how dim they were but they are dim to were.You can try for yourself. Just get a 10 ohm resistor so you can see difference.If having the bulb at 90% then flash at 100 with the turn signal enough to be seen at night then it's up to you if you keep if like that. I was just thinking of safety wise, ppl might not see you want to turn at a intersection. Like I said, it migh be enough at night though.

ok so i did my turn signals tonight, i used these led's from v-leds http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Parking-Light-LED/Amber-LED/2-AMBER-3157-V-LEDS-M-p4810370.html

when i first put them in, the turn signals would work with the lights off, but when the lights were on the turn signals wouldn't work

so i use a 100ohm 10watt resistors from radio shack and wired that in series with i believe the running lights (black/blue) and now it works, i don't remember but i might have also gotten the hyper flash

here is a video (not the greatest but it works)

YouTube - Lincoln LS Front Turn Signal LED's

Those are the ones I got too. I also got the hyper flash which is weird that it comes on if you use the resistor but not if you just install the bulb.Do you also get a bulb out message?

no bulb out message just the hyper flash, i also tried a 50ohm 10 watt resistor and a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor from radio shack and you could barely tell the light was blinking

You're suppose to put it on the running lights wire. Well on gen2s, the black/white wire is the turn signal wire. This will light up at full brightness and should not have a resistor in series to dim it.The resistor goes on the running lights wire to dim it so it's more noticeable when it blinks. Also, you said you wired it in series, are you sure it's in series?

On mine, it had hyper flash and I think also the bulb out message, or the check turn bulb message.

The way you have it in the video is the way you left it?

ok scratch that, i do have a bulb out message lol, but thats a hell of a lot better then no turn signal

yea i used a method you pm'd me about, you said wire it in series with the running lights, so i cut the running lights and wired in the resistor

oh and yea the way it is in the video is the way i left it, thats the one that was the most noticeable in term of the light dimming when the turn signal is on

Yeah, but I then sent you one saying to wire it in parallel instead. Well if it works for you then thats cool.

Maybe gen1 are different, but I dont think my running lights came on with the resistor in series only, or maybe I didn't try. But I put in a resistor in parallel to get the lights to come on with the running lights and a resistor in series to dim the light with the running lights on.

I'll tackle it again later on when I find out how to fix it. Looks good by the way.

thanks, yea when i wired it in parallel nothing happened, so i decided to try to wire it in series as one last attempt

Members online

No members online now.
Back