LED conversion help

Sleeper

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so i have all the interior lights in except for the glove box(what a pain that is). All lights worked at first now they are off. What that heck is wrong?

Any help would be great.

Ok so it was the fuse. Not sure why I didnt check it. Would not having the resistor in the right place or it not making good contact cause the fuse to blow?

It shouldn't. They dont draw a lot of current. I also had some trouble with the glove box when I did mine, it's a tight squeeze, You are probably getting it in in the wrong way. Use the bulb you took out to see how the bulb goes and then position the led the same way. If you get it in and it doesn't turn on ,you might have the polarity switched.

Finally done, just need to seal up the puddles. Man does it look good, glad i finally got it done. :) And yes i plan on some pics....trying for tomorrow, she needs a bath. Hopefully look for me in the LSOTM for June.

Not sure my camera is good enough for night pics...and my interior needs to be cleaned bad, but i will try ;P

And I am waiting for the epoxy to dry.

Finally done, just need to seal up the puddles. Man does it look good, glad i finally got it done. :) And yes i plan on some pics....trying for tomorrow, she needs a bath. Hopefully look for me in the LSOTM for June.

I have an 03 do the puddles really have to be cut open or something? Did they really make it to where you can't pop off the cover to replace the bulb? How hard is it to do the puddles & what needs to be done?

Can't wait to see your pics either!

Well, I dont have a dremel, so I used a hacksaw on each side to make a groove. Then I use a screwdriver to pop them open. Up to that point they where a PITA though, as i tried other ways to get them open. Had a hell of a time with the head liner too. Think I may have been a bit too excited lol.

The puddles weren't that bad. Technically they are sealed off, but I just got two pliers and lifted it off like a cap. The second one was a little harder but same things with it. I think andrizzle used a flat head and just wiggled it in there and around to get it open. Not need to cut them, just lift open

Ok so i have all the interior lights in except for the glove box(what a pain that is). All lights worked at first now they are off. What that heck is wrong?

Any help would be great.

Where'd you purchased your LEDs from?

I bought some ebay leds for like a dollar and they work awesome lol shipping took like 20 days and I really didn't care to get them but thought since I had a few dollars left I would try some and what do you know, they are pretty sweet.

Well you could go the ebay route, or http://www.v-leds.com/ , they have a 90 day warranty I think. I used it on one bulb that went out and they sent took care of it for me.

here is the ist if you go with the v-led bulbs

LED light conversion the bulbs needed are

WHITE MSMT 6 LED DOME LIGHT 3022 3021 DE3175 6428 6430, these are for the puddle lights,

SUPER WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578, this was for the trunk

2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821; these are for the interior including dome, footwell, glove box, rear ocrap handles, you need 7 of these total

2 HID WHITE HIGH POWER LICENSE PLATE LED BULBS 194 168 158

all bulbs are 194 except for the trunk, 212, puddle lights which are above,

Not sure. This is for a gen2, but I thought they were the same

Members online

Back