LED conversion...again

LsUnV2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i have searched and i have meen on sylvania.com and i am getting conflicting information on the bulb sizes and quantity.
So, anyone with this knowledge please inform me. I have a 2004 Lincoln LSE. I want to convert the map, dome, doors, under the dash, glove box, trunk, license plate lights, and the puddle lights on the mirrors.

Sizes and number of bulbs per ap

thanks in advance

Puddle lights are out of the question - they're sealed units.

so are our headlights lol. it could be taken out if we really wanted to...maybe....not sure but epoxy brings every thing together:)

Many have attempted, none have done it. You can't even change the bulb out. It's been talked about a few times on here.

so i assume if it stops working thenford has to replace the whole mirror assembly and paint to match? silly ford. FYI the manual says that the HID bulbs can never be replaced and the whole headlamp assemblies have to be replaced. Again sill ford. that could be really expensive

my friend that has the 22's on his LS got his puddle lights replaced with blue LED's after i had told him it can't be done. he told me the guy that did it took about 10 minutes on each side. charged him 60 bucks plus the bulbs. no idea how he did it though

my friend that has the 22's on his LS got his puddle lights replaced with blue LED's after i had told him it can't be done. he told me the guy that did it took about 10 minutes on each side. charged him 60 bucks plus the bulbs. no idea how he did it though

really try to find out if u can

Yeah, it's possible. You'll have to take the mirrors off, and take them apart and get inside to the light. Re-wire/mount a socket in place, install led bulb and re-install. Gonna do it this winter. Car looks dumb with all white led lights and yellow puddle lamps shining down on the doors!...Anythings possible, just depends on how much effort and time you want to put into it.

ok i have searched and i have meen on sylvania.com and i am getting conflicting information on the bulb sizes and quantity.
So, anyone with this knowledge please inform me. I have a 2004 Lincoln LSE. I want to convert the map, dome, doors, under the dash, glove box, trunk, license plate lights, and the puddle lights on the mirrors.

Sizes and number of bulbs per ap

thanks in advance

Alright this is what I've gathered,

All LINCOLN LS (With replaceable halogen capsules)

Low beam headlamp
H11-55W

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light
3457ALL
3457AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
3457ALL
3457AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
3157NALL
3157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Tail light
3157LL

Stop light
3157LL

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

License plate
168LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker

Glove box
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Map light
212- 0r 194

Dome light
212 or 194

Step/Courtesy light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

soon as i can find my order recipiet I'll post exactly what i ordered i bought LED's for everything in my car.

Here's my receipt from V-LED.com I'm not advertising for them, i'm just sharing info from what I've bought to maybe help you with your budget.

1 HID WHITE HIGH POWER LICENSE PLATE LED BULBS 194 168 158

2 NEW! AMBER 18 LED PARKING TURN LIGHT BULBS 3156 3157

1 2 HIFLX RED 18 LED BRAKE/TURN/TAILLIGHT BULBS 3156 3157

1 2 WHITE SMT 18 LED LIGHT BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923

1 2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821

2 6 OHM 50W 2 BULB LED LOAD RESISTORS TURN SIGNAL BLINKER FIX 7443 7440 3157 1156 1157

2 SUPER WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578

2 SUPER BLUE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578

1 2 V-LEDS BLUE HIGH POWER BULBS 194 168 158 2821 2821

The only mistake i made is that the dome lights are 194's. hope this helps a bit

CHRISTHEBEST,
Do you have the 2 HIFLX RED 18 LED BRAKE/TURN/TAILLIGHT
in the tailight for the brake light? If so does it work when the headlights are on and when you hit the brake?
When I put the 18 SMT ones in they would not dim when the headlights were on. Even with a load resistor.
They were either off or would come on full strength when I hit the brake when the headlights were on.

Thanks!

Ok thanks chris but to clarify:
2 SUPER WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578 ////

why so many numbers? does this mean this bulb will work for all of these sizes

So it looks like the door/floor/map/dome/glove box are all 194 on the 04 LS?

Ok thanks chris but to clarify:
2 SUPER WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578 ////

why so many numbers? does this mean this bulb will work for all of these sizes

Yes. 1 LED - Works for all those numbers. Same with 194s.

Hey sorry for the delay, Im deployed and its hard to get internet, I havent installed the lighting yet I go on leave in 2 days, The day i get back Im planning on installing everything i have. But im sure the light dimming wont be a issue for me because I have HID's. which use less power then Halogens, But I will post tons of pics and Update's ASAP.

thanks everyone i have ordered my lights. will let you know when i get them

gen 2's use 194's on the dome? first gen is 212-2 (2 front, 1 rear)

Members online

No members online now.
Back