LED conversion...again

mine too.

212 is a different bulb style than the 194. 194 is a wedge type bulb. 212 is a festoon type bulb.

mine too.

212 is a different bulb style than the 194. 194 is a wedge type bulb. 212 is a festoon type bulb.

correct, and i was making a bet with myself that it would be you that posted after me, :D

:Beer you win!

I didn't know how much help I'd be since I've never even rode in a gen 2 LS yet. I'm not familiar with their bulb styles.

my leds will be in today and i dont know how to do the dome lights . how do i access these on a gen 2

ok so i noticed some velcro and maybe some clips. do i just pull down careully or is there some special technique??? do i need to pull the a pilars?

you will need to remove the A pillars, B pillars, C pillars, all three "oh $hit handles (the back two will need to come out to replace the rear bulbs), and both of the visors. you may also want to take part of the rear seat out (at least the sides) to make it easier to take out the C pillar

you will need to remove the A pillars, B pillars, C pillars, all three "oh $hit handles (the back two will need to come out to replace the rear bulbs), and both of the visors. you may also want to take part of the rear seat out (at least the sides) to make it easier to take out the C pillar

no way .....that doesnt sound like partially. a pilars at the most and the visors

If you're just doing the fronts, it's partially with the visors, A and B pillars. More involved obviously if you want to do the backs, too. One of the reasons I've had the bulbs for like 7 months and haven't done them.

this is not true. i have just pulled the panel out of the head liner that exposes the bulbs. i only used my fingers to gently pry the clips out of the holes. once it popped loose i hadto disconnect the wiring from it. i pulled one bulb to be sure it would come out and sweet it does. the rears will be easy. 2 screws on each side and the :q:q:q:q handles come out. CAKE give it a shot NYC. i first sat on my middle console with sunroof open and pried down the headliner. velcro holds it is place there. then i got a good view of what i needed to do. i have pics but not very good.

http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/LsUnV2/led%20install/?albumview=slideshow&direction=reverse

i didnt want to run the risk of of creasing the headliner or damaging any clips, so i just took it down, all of 30 mins to take it apart, swap bulb and put it back together.

i didnt want to run the risk of of creasing the headliner or damaging any clips, so i just took it down, all of 30 mins to take it apart, swap bulb and put it back together.

3 mins including pics:) now just waiting on bulbs

still waiting:confused: , the ups facility is 3 miles from my house.....i hate ups. oh and i dropped my nikon and cracked the plastic where the battery goes in so i have to epoxy it. 750.00 camera:(

UPS almost always comes the day after scheduled for me:mad:

At least the camera wasnt dropped in sand!!

That sucks anyway man those are nice cameras!

well actually i bought it for my gf so hopefully she wont notice. i checed tracking andits on truck for delivery............will post pics but not sure how the quality will be

I just done all my LED's in my car. I made a mistake and got 212's for the Map lights so I am going to go to a auto store and try to get the 194's. The one bulb ive had a big issue getting to is the License plate lights any one have knowledge on this please share. BTW ill post some pictures soon.

I done the Brake lamp's which light up great when i press on the break but there very dim when the lamps are just on.

I just done all my LED's in my car. I made a mistake and got 212's for the Map lights so I am going to go to a auto store and try to get the 194's. The one bulb ive had a big issue getting to is the License plate lights any one have knowledge on this please share. BTW ill post some pictures soon.

very easy, open your trunk and there will be a screw on the plate light housing. Its basically a push pin with a phillips head on it.. Pull it out and the lamp assembly will become free. This is where i had trouble also. you actually can wrestle the light plug out with brute force but its easier to pull the plug that the bulb goes in out of its harness. Once you do this then you can twist it out of the housing with ease. be sure to test before putting back together....LEDs can be put in backwards. Oh and good luck with the glove box lamp.. had to take the entire box apart and some sort of bracing to pull the lamp housing down far enough to put the bulb in. The led is much longer than the halogen. once you do get it in it will clear when you put everything back together but you will have to take everything apart again to change it out.. took me 30mins just for this...

Last edited:
i'm gonna post some of the pics from the led's they came out very nice. the only thing that sucked was doing the map light's. for the simple fact that when you pry it down gently it will come down only 3 clips are holding the front but the back was hot glued so it kind of sags. so have a hot glue gun prepared when ur done

I don't think that hot-glue is a good idea. Just think about the first warm day that it is parked out in the hot sun. I had to replace the light assembly in my 2004. It was not glued in the back, but it was impossible to push the fixture back up from below and get it to snap back into place. I looked very closely at it, and there was a plastic plate inside the roof that it had to clip over. However, nothing held the plastic plate down, so it would just move out of the way when I tried to push the light up. I had to open the sunroof, and hold the plastic plate in place with some long screw drivers (through the gap between the inside and outside roofs, where the sunroof opens). Then I was able to push the light up and get it to snap bank into place.
The snap on the fixture is very small, and you might not notice it at first.

Members online

No members online now.
Back