latest/greatest intake

Jason, they got it mixed up. They are talking about my LS. I don't know how they started saying Gen 1 LS. I told them I have the fastest LS in the country.

The question they asked is does ILLS have the fastest 3.9 LS in the country??? Jason, since you know me and have seen my car run in person can you please answer that since some people do not believe what I say.

Also what project am I just about to start with the LS here very soon?

Sorry to put you on the spot like this but apparently my word isn't good enough. :)

He said he ain't talking to me but clearly responded to the Gen1. That would be me.

Like I said I run with the fastest Gen2 N/A and with power adder. If they haven't put 2 and 2 together that would be you.

I have your fastest N/A run and fastest NOS run slips as I was right next to you.

About to start? You already started the support system for it.

I do not post any links in my sig because I am not an authorized vendor here and that would be considered indecent and just plain not allowable.

????? I see lots of people with links to clubs or shops and even stuff they sell.

If it helps support the LS and this comunity devoted towards it I dont see the big deal.

As for your turbo'd LS, I wish you good luck. On a serious note I wish someone would come up with a supercharger or turbo for the LS. If you are serious about owning your own performance shop and you intend on actually turboing a LS, keep us informed with proof. If not, dont waste our time. Also, why dont you pay to become a vendor. You seem to have alot to offer. You do have the two fastest LSs N/A in the country. You may gain some business if you can prove it. This is for ILLS

Had to add N/A, Its still a fu<kin 3.9l

He said he ain't talking to me but clearly responded to the Gen1. That would be me.

Like I said I run with the fastest Gen2 N/A and with power adder. If they haven't put 2 and 2 together that would be you.

I have your fastest N/A run and fastest NOS run slips as I was right next to you.

About to start? You already started the support system for it.

I was mildly confused about the Gen 1 talk too. :D

I won't comment on the "two and two together" thing.....but I am sure you can read my thoughts on that one....;) :D :D :p

Yes, about to start. I ordered the turbo, wastegate, oil system and all that a few days ago. I also ordered a 60-1 kit for a certain someone too....ahem......aaaaaheeeeemmmm... ;)

The testing on the Ford GT pump is going well so far. I haven't logged the FPDC yet but I am sure that it has dropped considerably. Once I run a full tank through this fuel pump then I will drop the Cobra 39's in and retune it for those. Then it is onto the fun stuff.

Gen1 and Gen2 very different.

I have never said to have had the fastest LS. Fastest Gen1 N/A is what I have.

And just how fast is it. What do you have that all the other people cannot buy. Intake, exhaust, tune? Or did you just take all the interior out of the car to make it lighter. What kit are you guys running and what shot?

????? I see lots of people with links to clubs or shops and even stuff they sell.

If it helps support the LS and this comunity devoted towards it I dont see the big deal.

Though it may help some people on this site, this site is still a business. I am sure Joey would be livid if I just started advertising on his site. It is just professional courtesy that I do not advertise here unless I am an authorized paying vendor.

And just how fast is it. What do you have that all the other people cannot buy. Intake, exhaust, tune? Or did you just take all the interior out of the car to make it lighter.

Your right, I have the same as everyone else currently. I just seem to have the fastest timeslip by a fair amount.

Here it goes...thats not fast anyways.

As for your turbo'd LS, I wish you good luck. On a serious note I wish someone would come up with a supercharger or turbo for the LS. If you are serious about owning your own performance shop and you intend on actually turboing a LS, keep us informed with proof. If not, dont waste our time. Also, why dont you pay to become a vendor. You seem to have alot to offer. You do have the two fastest LSs N/A in the country. You may gain some business if you can prove it. This is for ILLS

The problem is that the market will not support a Lincoln LS supercharger or turbo kit. I have discussed this on another lincoln forum so I will just copy and paste into here what I said there.

"I have done quite a bit of market analysis on the Lincoln LS. Unfortunately there is more than one thing going against it.

1) It is a discontinued model which means that from this point on there will only be less LS's on the road at any given time in the future. Shrinking market.
2) It was never widely popular with the performance crowd which would be the only way to overcome #1 above.
3) Most LS owners either fall into the demographic of: Middle aged person looking for luxury car with maybe a little oomph from small bolt-ons (AKA doesn't want to spend a few grand on turbos) or the younger kid who primarily want more show than go. There are exceptions to this but they are FEW.
4) The LS platform is not VERY modfriendly, though with a little thought there can be ALLOT available. Much moreso than what most anyone else will claim for these cars.

I love the LS and would like nothing more than to see fellow owners have something available but business is business and it is just not a smart investment to make a kit available for the masses at this time. In the performance business there are two types of customers, buyers and tirekickers. The usual percantage we in this business run into is 75% tirekicker and 25% buyer. Of that 25% buyer we run into maybe only 1/4 of them would even consider doing a more serious mod like a turbo, supercharger, nitrous or full engine build for their vehicle. The numbers just aren't in the LS's favor."

I will not keep anyone informed of the turbo project for proof, but I will keep people informed due to the fact that others might be interested in a project like this. I suggest you be careful with your words as they borderline on being disrespectful. We don't need that kind of stuff in here.

I have the fastest N/A and overall fastest LS in the country which happens to be a Gen2. It is not two cars it is one and the same. One vehicle. I ran the fastest ET for a N/A LS at 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. I also ran a fastest of 13.3 @ 106.5 MPH in the 1/4 last year on nitrous and with zero traction. Had traction existed I would have easily ran a 12 second pass, as indicated by my 106 MPH trap speed. Yay open differential and stock tires. The nest time the LS see's the strip the traction issue should be resolved.

I am not following you here with this comment. :confused: What exactly did you mean?

Your right, I have the same as everyone else currently. I just seem to have the fastest timeslip by a fair amount.

Here it goes...thats not fast anyways.

I am not ragging on you or questioning you, I am curious, As you can see I have an LS that is the complete opposite of performance. I have just about run out of reasonable things to do to my car. I have been giving thoughts of buying another LS and going the performance route. gen 1s are pretty cheap now. I am the type of person that will hardwire all of my electronics and put a chevy 350 or ford 5.0 in a new car. Everyone wants the fastest LS, but no one wants to get rid of the luxuries of the car. You see a lot of "engine swap" questions, but noone has the money to do it. Or should I say no one wants to spend that much money to make the car faster. There has to be a way, and I want to know how.

Or should I say no one wants to spend that much money to make the car faster. There has to be a way, and I want to know how.

You pretty much answered your own question with the talk of money. I forget which thread it was, but I posted a nice, long, detailed list of some very extensive power mods that can be done to the LS. You will find more of your answer in that thread.

The reason why you will only see my LS running around on just a turbo and not a built custom bottom end is because I just got done sinking another $15k (on top of the initial $10k for performance) into my primary shop vehicle as of this last January. I also needed a demo vehicle for an STS turbo system for my shop so the LS was chosen. Maybe in the few years you will see a built bottom end in my LS but not anytime soon as there are bigger fish to fry.

I am not ragging on you or questioning you, I am curious, As you can see I have an LS that is the complete opposite of performance. I have just about run out of reasonable things to do to my car. I have been giving thoughts of buying another LS and going the performance route. gen 1s are pretty cheap now. I am the type of person that will hardwire all of my electronics and put a chevy 350 or ford 5.0 in a new car. Everyone wants the fastest LS, but no one wants to get rid of the luxuries of the car. You see a lot of "engine swap" questions, but noone has the money to do it. Or should I say no one wants to spend that much money to make the car faster. There has to be a way, and I want to know how.

I've posted all bests.

I've ran 15.041 on 20s to start. Intake and exhaust. Summer temps.

14.541 Same Intake and exhaust no 20s and cooler temps.
http://media.putfile.com/Jasons-02-LSE-runs-1454-94-MPH

14.423 Same Intake and exhaust but with Tune in kinda cool temps.

181-8144_IMG.jpg

1) It is a discontinued model which means that from this point on there will only be less LS's on the road at any given time in the future. Shrinking market.

I dont feel this is a good example. In late 1996 I had one of only 3 turbocharged Nissan 240x's in the nation. This car was a dying breed and went out of production in 1998.

Today everyone and their grandmother has a turbo SR20DET 240sx.

With people like ILLS and Quik we can make this a project come true for the people who really want the performance.

I think there will be a lot of Jag S-Type R/Lincoln LS's running around. :D

The problem is that the market will not support a Lincoln LS supercharger or turbo kit. I have discussed this on another lincoln forum so I will just copy and paste into here what I said there.

"I have done quite a bit of market analysis on the Lincoln LS. Unfortunately there is more than one thing going against it.

2) It was never widely popular with the performance crowd which would be the only way to overcome #1 above.
3) Most LS owners either fall into the demographic of: Middle aged person looking for luxury car with maybe a little oomph from small bolt-ons (AKA doesn't want to spend a few grand on turbos) or the younger kid who primarily want more show than go. There are exceptions to this but they are FEW.
4) The LS platform is not VERY modfriendly, though with a little thought there can be ALLOT available. Much moreso than what most anyone else will claim for these cars.

I love the LS and would like nothing more than to see fellow owners have something available but business is business and it is just not a smart investment to make a kit available for the masses at this time. In the performance business there are two types of customers, buyers and tirekickers. The usual percantage we in this business run into is 75% tirekicker and 25% buyer. Of that 25% buyer we run into maybe only 1/4 of them would even consider doing a more serious mod like a turbo, supercharger, nitrous or full engine build for their vehicle. The numbers just aren't in the LS's favor."

I will not keep anyone informed of the turbo project for proof, but I will keep people informed due to the fact that others might be interested in a project like this. I suggest you be careful with your words as they borderline on being disrespectful. We don't need that kind of stuff in here.

I have the fastest N/A and overall fastest LS in the country which happens to be a Gen2. It is not two cars it is one and the same. One vehicle. I ran the fastest ET for a N/A LS at 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. I also ran a fastest of 13.3 @ 106.5 MPH in the 1/4 last year on nitrous and with zero traction. Had traction existed I would have easily ran a 12 second pass, as indicated by my 106 MPH trap speed. Yay open differential and stock tires. The nest time the LS see's the strip the traction issue should be resolved.

I am not following you here with this comment. :confused: What exactly did you mean?

This is what I edited in my post, You keep referring the LS N/A. I just want to know what your fastest times were and what you did to achieve them.

I dont feel this is a good example. In late 1996 I had one of only 3 turbocharged Nissan 240x's in the nation. This car was a dying breed and went out of production in 1998.

With people like ILLS and Quik we can make this a project come true for the people who really want the performance.

I agree. The reason the LS was so short lived, is because no one developed the means to make the LS faster. (OH yeah, At a reasonable price.)

Well I had a nice detailed post typed up but the keyboard owned me. ;)

My example given is very sound. There are few if any people who have given more thought to the idea of persuing an aftermarket performance endeavor with the LS than I.

There may be a few exceptions with examples of other cars that overcame those odds, but those exceptions do not make the rule.

Performance shops are able to make that buzz come alive but there needs to be a solid backing from more than just a few of us.

After I finish the turbo project for my LS then I will think about doing a few systems for other LS owners on a case by case basis. The only way a kit will ever be produced for the LS is if I presented my design to my STS turbo counterparts and they decided to foot the bill and start making kits with me. However, I feel that once STS did their own market analysis they would come to the same conclusion that there is no real market that would generate a large enough of a profit margin to justify production of an LS turbo kit.

This is what I edited in my post, You keep referring the LS N/A. I just want to know what your fastest times were and what you did to achieve them.

N/A stands for naturally aspirated, as in no nitrous or boost. Just on the motor and its basic mods themselves.

I posted my fastest times above in post #85.

Well, the only part you missed was that the number of Nissan 240X's that were produced versus the LS. Also, the 240 was built with a totally different demographic of buyers. From the requests we get on a daily basis we might get one customer asking about a turbo or supercharger in a given month. Then try to convince them to spend anywhere from $2000-$6000 on a system with really no guarantees it will run or be a daily driver. A very tough sell!

Making a one off or two turbos and/or superchargers will be fine but selling them on the open market will be tough not to mention the liability involved when something goes wrong. Demand for aftermarket parts for the LS is not as strong as other cars so convincing someone to sink a lot of money into development or production is tough. Now, if you said Mustang then you'd have someone's ear.

The only way to get something like a turbo or supercharger for the LS as a main stream COTS (commercial off the shelf) item is for the customers to front the money for development and production. If you could get numerous people together to throw in the required amount of capital then it might work. So, my question is how many people will spend more than $2,000 for a system that hasn't been proved yet? Not very many. I'm not saying it won't work but to a company thinking it might work is a huge gamble. Also, what is not to be said that once a turbo or supercharger makes it on the system how many LS owners will buy one and install it? I'd venture guess not many.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer by any means. However, I have been down this road numerous times and it is the same old song and dance. As one of my LS friends would say, "Watching Saturday morning car shows makes it look easy, but the first time someone blows up their motor and posts a thread about it....watch out!"

ILLS, I wish you luck and hope you succeed with it.

Well, the only part you missed was that the number of Nissan 240X's that were produced versus the LS. Also, the 240 was built with a totally different demographic of buyers. From the requests we get on a daily basis we might get one customer asking about a turbo or supercharger in a given month. Then try to convince them to spend anywhere from $2000-$6000 on a system with really no guarantees it will run or be a daily driver. A very tough sell!

Making a one off or two turbos and/or superchargers will be fine but selling them on the open market will be tough not to mention the liability involved when something goes wrong. Demand for aftermarket parts for the LS is not as strong as other cars so convincing someone to sink a lot of money into development or production is tough. Now, if you said Mustang then you'd have someone's ear.

The only way to get something like a turbo or supercharger for the LS as a main stream COTS (commercial off the shelf) item is for the customers to front the money for development and production. If you could get numerous people together to throw in the required amount of capital then it might work. So, my question is how many people will spend more than $2,000 for a system that hasn't been proved yet? Not very many. I'm not saying it won't work but to a company thinking it might work is a huge gamble. Also, what is not to be said that once a turbo or supercharger makes it on the system how many LS owners will buy one and install it? I'd venture guess not many.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer by any means. However, I have been down this road numerous times and it is the same old song and dance. As one of my LS friends would say, "Watching Saturday morning car shows makes it look easy, but the first time someone blows up their motor and posts a thread about it....watch out!"

+1 We DO agree on something. ;)

Ken, you pretty much stated my exact reasoning for having already chosen a long time ago to not manufacture kits for the LS. I stated my reasoning in a much more in-depth manner in post #85 earlier in this thread. The market just isn't there on a multitude of levels to produce a turbo or S/C "kit" for the LS and actually have it be an equitable endeavor. If I do any other systems for other LS owners it will be on case by case basis only.

This project should prove to be not very complex at all. It is light years simpler than many of the vehicle projects tackled lately. I am actually looking forward to the simplicity of this one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back