Kicker & Power Accoustec

Roadboss

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some imput from you folks who are audiophile experienced and familiar with the above products.

I have an opportunity where I can get anything these folks make and have it pro installed for little money. (Liars poker does pay off on occasion). Soooo

I would like to have any comments. I have briefly scanned their web sites, but honestly outside of looking at the pop out screen A/V/ Receiver/Nav system I am clueless. I was told that they have a new 8.5" for a Din1 coming out and that would be an item I could have.

Some of the questions I have go as follows: Keep in mind I'm a senior citizen and I am not out to shatter windshields or set off car alarms, but do want a good sounding system.

Receiver------A/V type as above
Speakers-----What and how many
Amp----------Type and how big
Bass units----How big, where
Tweeters-----which ones and where
Mid Range----Ditto
Install---------Items that I should be sure to have included to make this trouble free system that would blend well in Whiner. I don't want to have any electrical issues, so complete wiring is I believe a must.

Looking forward to some comments.:)

Most p.a equipment isn't that good..Their higher end stuff isnt half bad..Id go kicker though if i had the choice but it will cost more than p.a.

What do you want to spend on everthing minus the install?

I'd get 4 2-way 5x8 mid line kicker speakers for the interiour..

As for bass i'd suggest for simplicity a amp/sub combo..Like something made by bazooka..I think there are better combo units out there but really havn't looked.

If you dont go that route a decent 10" or 12" with around 300-600 watts rms and i think you'd be happy.
I'll assume you'll use your reciever to power the insides.

I am able to get both for about 30% of list so Going high end is OK. I am hoping that between install and hardware I can budget about $1,500-$2,000 or less, but those are the manufactures I have to stay with.

I wouldnt get the larger screen as all screens inject noise into the system and are very bright at night. Get a 7" or 6.5" screen. I would get a NAV flip out.

For their speakers I would use the Kickers. Get two pairs of 6.5" components and a high output 10" sub in a sealed box. For the amp I would get a 5 channel to keep the system light and simple as well as not tax the power system at all.

Now if you want to pound the neighborhood I could make some changes but these are the components I would get if I was stuck with that maker:

6.5" Components (2-pairs)
QS652 Components ....... these are nice but run about $400 a set. If thats too much then get the KS60.2

Sub:
Kicker 10" L7

Amp:
Kicker ZX700.5

Now that amp and those speakers will give you a very clean and clear accurate repoduction of your music.

As for the deck their 7" flip out thats half way decient is the PTID8970

So can you get stuff that Kickers owners make too or only Kicker and PA?

I am able to get both for about 30% of list so Going high end is OK. I am hoping that between install and hardware I can budget about $1,500-$2,000 or less, but those are the manufactures I have to stay with.
Ah.

Well the components should run you no more then $500 for both pairs. The sub should be around $120, the amp is about $250 and the deck will be about $200. Labor without a discount should run $500 if they build a simple box (or prefab) and up to $1000 for a fiberglass box.

I would also have the sub mounted in the rear where the fuel door pull tab is and facing the drivers side. That will provide the best impact.

Thanks for your imput and advice,. Yes, I can also get what ever the sister companies offer as well (Farenhite?).

i not 4 days ago went with a clarion nz500 7 inch touch screen nav unit. i liked it because it was a all in one unit (no black box) went with a jl w3 4ohm along with a jl j.2 500x1 monoblock mounted to a jl bass wedge box. and stayed with the factory jbl stuff just hard wired to each speaker component and it sounds great. the 45x4 is plenty for the jbl's. i got a freaking deal!!! all new stuff 600 for the head unit and 450 for the sub box and amp

i not 4 days ago went with a clarion nz500 7 inch touch screen nav unit. i liked it because it was a all in one unit (no black box) went with a jl w3 4ohm along with a jl j.2 500x1 monoblock mounted to a jl bass wedge box. amp stayed with the factory jbl stuff just hard wired to each speaker component and it sounds great. the 45x4 is plenty for the jbl's. i got a freaking deal!!! all new stuff 600 for the head unit and 450 for the sub box and amp
Thats nice. Want a cookie? This has to do with his stereo...... how?

Thats nice. Want a cookie? This has to do with his stereo...... how?

kicker used to suck....... i have not seen a kicker come anywhere close to the sound quality of jl audio.not spl, sound quality level... and my main point was the jbl is good enough with 45watts x4 head unit the only thing the jbl lacked was good thumping bass

i quote him Keep in mind I'm a senior citizen and I am not out to shatter windshields or set off car alarms, but do want a good sounding system.

all he needs in my opinion is 1 12 a good head unit and a proper intallation

allways match your sound equipment ie amp/sub/box when they are made for each other you will get a better end result

cookie would be nice:D

if you want the number from the place i recived my stuff pm me and i will give u my cell #

they sold it to me for below cost. how or why idk??? guess they liked me

kicker used to suck....... i have not seen a kicker come anywhere close to the sound quality of jl audio.not spl, sound quality level... and my main point was the jbl is good enough with 45watts x4 head unit the only thing the jbl lacked was good thumping bass

i quote him Keep in mind I'm a senior citizen and I am not out to shatter windshields or set off car alarms, but do want a good sounding system.

all he needs in my opinion is 1 12 a good head unit and a proper intallation

allways match your sound equipment ie amp/sub/box when they are made for each other you will get a better end result

cookie would be nice:D

if you want the number from the place i recived my stuff pm me and i will give u my cell #

they sold it to me for below cost. how or why idk??? guess they liked me
I too am not a Kicker fan and would never use a PA deck but if thats what he wants and can get a deal on it then the best I could do is point him the right way. The Kicker stuff I recomended will give him great sound quality but the deck is the major weak link.

I too run JL but with Boston speakers, but it dont help the OP out any.

But maybe your guy can give him an even better deal on better stuff. :)

Members online

Back