K&N Intake Deal

:leghumper

Why didn't I do this sooner! I might be getting exhaust and giving Torrie a call. Holy Motown!

:leghumper

Why didn't I do this sooner! I might be getting exhaust and giving Torrie a call. Holy Motown!

Every LS should have intake/exhaust combo. I think its one of the best mods anyone can do and more affordable than wheels or angel eyes and oem hid's.

The stock system is so damn quiet. Yes i know its a luxury car but even a stock DTS is louder.

Installed and damn it sounds good. I also notice a nicer pick-up and go.

Are these direct bolt ons or is there some adjustments that you have to make since theyre for a T-Bird even though T-Birds and Lses have the same engines?

Direct bolt on.

T-bird engine layout is exactly the same except for a different engine cover design.

OK, sorry it took so long. I borrowed someones cell to take pictures.

The one with the arrow is pointing out that I used the straps from the stock tube. I didn't like the look of the steel straps and I also pushed the filter in a little more so that the heatshield hides the steel strap by the filter. I will be replacing the filter strap and center one to black.

Image0136.jpg

Image0137.jpg

Is there any proof this intake improves anything? I mean the factory intake brings in air from outside the engine compartment, through my new K&N ($45 at O'reilly), and almost directly feeds into the upper intake... maybe about 6 to 8 inches away... What can it really improve? Sound alone isn't worth $215.. err... $170 for me.

Is there any proof this intake improves anything? I mean the factory intake brings in air from outside the engine compartment, through my new K&N ($45 at O'reilly), and almost directly feeds into the upper intake... maybe about 6 to 8 inches away... What can it really improve? Sound alone isn't worth $215.. err... $170 for me.

I have noticed it has better pick up and go. Yes it sounds better but it also has make an improvement with the engine.

Edit: Money well spent. And I'm not sure if you can buy the tube alone without the filter. I could be wrong though.

considering that theres not much to mod on the LS...this is money well spent.

Combined with a pair of mufflers you will love it.

Hmm..there is always room to mod. Just are the pockets deep enough to actually do it. :)

Hmm..there is always room to mod. Just are the pockets deep enough to actually do it. :)
LOL.. mine aren't unfortunately. I was laid off last year, and until I'm working again I can't do any of the major projects I want to do.

Ironically, the layoff is why I got so much back for taxes, and I was able to buy this car with cash. lol

Trust me I fully understand this. There's a reason I still have stock wheels.

I told myself no more projects before the bumper conversion but I am putting it on stands for 2 weeks, maybe just one, so the lips on wheels can be polished. The clear coat on the aluminum finish has had it so it is time for a new look. I started to pull the trigger on new wheels but I am partial to the 2 1/2 lip on what I already have.

Here is the response I got from K&N about CARB certification for the use of the T-Bird unit.....

Thank you for contacting K&N Engineering. I have informed management and engineering of this particular kit fitting both vehicles. They have not given me an update on the kit or requested further information, although they did express interest in confirming fitment in our own garage. Unfortunately this is currently out of my hands. I recommend that you keep an eye on our website for further information. If there’s anything else we can do for you feel free to return this email or call us at (800) 858-3333.

So much for the rep owning an issue til resolution. Bad customer service.

So much for the rep owning an issue til resolution. Bad customer service.

At least they are aware of the new market possibilities. I offered to take my car up there and let them see/test the install but haven't received a response; yet. There are beaucoup hurdles to navigate to receive a CARB certification.

I know you will, but keep all over them.

The latest.......

I’ve had a conversation with some of our engineers. They are interested in bringing your Lincoln in for testing. I will need your contact number so that I can forward it to them and have a time arranged for the testing. Will you please provide that for me?

I wonder how this turned out. I am hoping to get an intake for my first gen 2000 v8 ls

Members online

No members online now.
Back