Just totaled my Mark VIII

LandYachts

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Not even a year in and some **** runs a red light and now we're going to have to dispute this crap because he's claiming I ran it.

Man I feel so screwed. I put the finishing touch on the interior less than an hour before. I really could cry right now but I'd rather punch the kid in his smug texting-and-driving face.

What would be the problems I'd face if I try to repair this? I'm almost certain that insurance will total it out considering the ACV might be around $2,200. So my options are? I'm in it for over $4,000 at the moment.

Anybody have experience within the past year or two with the ACV of their Mark VIII? How do they take into consideration cost for headlights etc?

Is it even worth repairing? It swiped my fascia off and bent the bumper sub-frames. The doors open and close completely normally, the wheels track straight and steering isn't effected. He just clipped fenders, bumper, fascia, grilled etc off. What sort of problems should I look out for? I didn't lose any of my cooling stack or fluids, it's 100% driveable.

TL;DR
What would you do?
What was your experience?

Aftermath

64881C12-99B7-4326-B163-D1C9396538DF.jpeg

33C780E0-E005-4E03-B7EF-CBE23ABF3F57.jpeg

028349F0-81C1-4460-BBA9-EE2DE9134FAC.jpeg

That sucks
It would probably be cheaper to buy another one.
If you have the time and enjoy working on it fix it yourself with a good parts car

I took this "total"...

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

... and rebuilt it to this...

IMG_3074.JPG

I used a parts car and did most of the work myself with the exception of replacing the quarter panel and final paint.

Not even a year in and some **** runs a red light and now we're going to have to dispute this crap because he's claiming I ran it.

Man I feel so screwed. I put the finishing touch on the interior less than an hour before. I really could cry right now but I'd rather punch the kid in his smug texting-and-driving face.

What would be the problems I'd face if I try to repair this? I'm almost certain that insurance will total it out considering the ACV might be around $2,200. So my options are? I'm in it for over $4,000 at the moment.

Anybody have experience within the past year or two with the ACV of their Mark VIII? How do they take into consideration cost for headlights etc?

Is it even worth repairing? It swiped my fascia off and bent the bumper sub-frames. The doors open and close completely normally, the wheels track straight and steering isn't effected. He just clipped fenders, bumper, fascia, grilled etc off. What sort of problems should I look out for? I didn't lose any of my cooling stack or fluids, it's 100% driveable.

TL;DR
What would you do?
Look up on car grus some nice marks and copy tem on your printer. They are some in the 5 grand range and some in th 2 4 g range. Do about 6 of them and add them up divide by 6 for an average. Is good talking points with the claims guy, You can get say 3200, ask to keep the salvage for a deduction. Take the net amount and the car. Did other driver cited?. Helps if you had some strains from the accident to get a bargaining chip

Good advice, I will do just that. The lady said average price for my model is $2,200 but I’m sure that’s very broad.

Are you saying $3,200 minus what they’d pay me to take my car?

Strain?

Do you guys think you’d trust a well reputed body shop to match the multi-coat pearl well enough??

Good advice, I will do just that. The lady said average price for my model is $2,200 but I’m sure that’s very broad.

Strain?

Do you guys think you’d trust a well reputed body shop to match the multi-coat pearl well enough??
Glad you got back as some do not respond. BE PREPAIRD as 2200 is not the ACTUAL CASH VALUE , cASH VALUE MEAS THE SELLING PRICE RANGE FOR THE MARKS IN SIMIALR CONDITION LIKE YOUR. tHEY WON'T INCREASE IT MORE FOR YOUR SPECIAL EQUIPMENT RIGHT OFF THE BAT AND NOT TO BANK ON IT THE CLAIMS ADJUSTER WILL . gET TO CAR GRUS AND LOOKIK UP MARK PRICES, nationwide, THEY ARE FROM REAL HIGH TO REAL LOW. . cOLOR COPY THEM AND HAVE THEM FOR YOUR DISPUTE. tHIS WOMAN IS COMPUER SEARCHING IN HER DATA FILE. yOU GET TO CAR GURUS.COM dO WHAT i SAY AND WRITE PACK TO ME HERE OR PAR7551@YAHOO.COM OR CALL ME AT 330 724 2699, 2200 IS NO THE PRICE AN AVERAGE BUYER CAN BUY A MARK FROM A AGEREGED PRICED MARK WITH NO HAGGLING. 3500 IS MORE IN LINE nEXTG STEP IS TO GET THOS CAR GURU .COM MARK NATION WIDE PRICES AND COMPY THER PAGES. pIC THE 3 HIGHEST AND 3 LOWES AND SEE WHAT AVERAGE PRICES THEY ARE SELLING AT NOW. i WAS AN ADJUSTOR ALL MY LIFE BUT HAD POOR SPELLING

Last edited:
Glad you got back as some do not respond. BE PREPAIRD as 2200 is not the ACTUAL CASH VALUE , cASH VALUE MEAS THE SELLING PRICE RANGE FOR THE MARKS IN SIMIALR CONDITION LIKE YOUR. tHEY WON'T INCREASE IT MORE FOR YOUR SPECIAL EQUIPMENT RIGHT OFF THE BAT AND NOT TO BANK ON IT THE CLAIMS ADJUSTER WILL . gET TO CAR GRUS AND LOOKIK UP MARK PRICES, nationwide, THEY ARE FROM REAL HIGH TO REAL LOW. . cOLOR COPY THEM AND HAVE THEM FOR YOUR DISPUTE. tHIS WOMAN IS COMPUER SEARCHING IN HER DATA FILE. yOU GET TO CAR GURUS.COM dO WHAT i SAY AND WRITE PACK TO ME HERE OR PAR7551@YAHOO.COM OR CALL ME AT 330 724 2699, 2200 IS NO THE PRICE AN AVERAGE BUYER CAN BUY A MARK FROM A AGEREGED PRICED MARK WITH NO HAGGLING. 3500 IS MORE IN LINE nEXTG STEP IS TO GET THOS CAR GURU .COM MARK NATION WIDE PRICES AND COMPY THER PAGES. pIC THE 3 HIGHEST AND 3 LOWES AND SEE WHAT AVERAGE PRICES THEY ARE SELLING AT NOW. i WAS AN ADJUSTOR ALL MY LIFE BUT HAD POOR SPELLING
. oNCE YOU REACH A AGRED FIGURE LIKE 3500, ASK HER WHAT IF I KEEP THE CAR AND YOU PAY ME FOR THE SALVAGE FOR A DEDUCTION OFF THE 3500< EXAMPLE 350 -3500=3150 AND YOU KEEP THE CAR. yOPU CAN FIX IT OR FIND ANOTHER MARK BY SHOPPING A FEW MONTHS CAUSE IT TAKES TIME TO FIND A DEAL. cALL ME IF YOU LIKE, NOT IN BUSINESS TO DO THIS, i AM A CHRISTIAN WITH LFE EXPERIENCE DOING THIS JOB

i JUST DID A QUICK 6 CAR AVERAGE FOR ANY YEAR MARK AND IT COMES TO$3,462.00

TL;DR
What would you do?
acv IS 3500 BASED ON 6 MARK CARS. AVERAGED OUT ON A DEALERS LOT

Strain?

UP TO 10 PERCENT IS WHAT i GUESS THEY WOULD SELL THE CAR BACK and the you get 2880, in ohio we had to pay the sales tax back to the settlement. Tex might do that too making you 160 more at 5% on 3200 before they buy car back. The tax is on the cash value , not the settlement

UP TO 10 PERCENT IS WHAT i GUESS THEY WOULD SELL THE CAR BACK and the you get 2880, in ohio we had to pay the sales tax back to the settlement. Tex might do that too making you 160 more at 5% on 3200 before they buy car back. The tax is on the cash value , not the settlement
Yes, I have a champaine color and Rowes body here matched it near perfect ,

Email is sent. Well I hope I can find somebody as good at paint, I can’t imagine the cost of matching a multi-coat that’s 20-years old

Paint labor is just like body labor, its so much an hour times the estimated time it takes to paint plus materials cost like paint Example rear quarter panel, 4.5 hrs to paint x 80.00 hr=360.00 labor + materials=20% of paint labor= materials cost. so here 72.00 materials + 360 labor=432.00 plus 6.75% texas sales tax=461.16 Grand Total. to paint a quarter panel at 80 hr matching adds no extra to the hourly rate(they can goose it by over charging for the paint times)

TL;DR
What would you do?
2 pm sun I just answered

TL;DR
What would you do?
Please don't settle
I am looking up the prices to send and do not want you to settle. Good news Park ford has a bueatifull 1995 mark 8 WITH THE 5.0 MOTOR, 118,000 rose color , gray inter, and its asking 3375.00 +tx. I am sending you the 6 other marks. I would not fix it if if you can get 3300-3500 and then let them keep the car. I don't know whats going on so I can be sure of your facts. < bill 330724 2699, you can call, I won't bite ya

TL;DR
What would you do?Hi, Just got off the phone doing apprasial a.c.v. on mark 8s, I took the 3 lowest and the 3 middle highest marks prices and millage,. One is in Rockwell Texas, as follows, 97 mk 3 , 87,000, 5995.00, 1996 mk3 97,000, 5990.00, 98 mk 3 63,000. 5,500 Rockwell Texas, Clean and low millage, , 1997Mk 3 lsc $1990.00, 168,000, Carterville Ill, 97 Mk 3,$2299.00 62,868 mi. 1994 mk 3, $2645.00 . Hers your total for 6 marks Nationwide prices, 24,468.99 divided by 6 averages out to actual cash value of 4,078.16. That means for 4000.00 you can buy a mark 3 from the market prices . Market price means what a willing buyer and willing seller are in agreement to the price. I have listed 6 and the averages show 4000.00 I could be unfair and listed high ones at 7 and 8 thousand. That would have made the actual cash value 5000.00. I ahve put over 2 hours of my time and I expect you to write me back. or call . Now feel the claim reps offer and write me back. Now you know the average actual cash value is 4000.00, some are lower some are higher.

TL;DR
What would you do?
BHey I just sent you an apprasial averaged from 6 mark 8's. , average actual cash value is 4000.00. I don't see my previous post. Guy this is not a one way , I am doing you a favor because your a member. Write back in the reply messages. I expect it I put a lot of effort and you should get back.

I sent an email to the address you posted and haven’t seen anything in my inbox yet. I’m taking your advice and findings and preparing for whenever somebody calls me back, but so far the only thing I’ve heard was the (clearly inexperienced) agent give me her estimated ACV and then say they will have to wait for the police report before the next step. She explained that after fault is determined, we can talk about an adjuster coming by to cut a check on the spot.

I do want to see what I can get out of them. It would have to be rather enticing because I have put hundreds of hours into this car doing my ritual clean and polish on EVERY individual piece of the interior and even started working on the outside. I also broke my *** replacing the tail housing shaft seal and dipstick tube O-Ring. The amount of work I’ve put into this car has added so much value I’d honestly be hurting to find something comparable to the condition immediately before the crash. Maybe if I get a good enough check for repairs I’ll just buy a donor and swap in everything I’ve restored on this car. And I’ll have a spare Powertrain.

TL;DR
What would you do?
You have 1 mark in Rockwell tex. for sale on car gurus. I understand the other marks are unknown as to true condition. So I have some more ideas for you, Maybe keep your and buy another , Write back, Billboats

I sent an email to the address you posted and haven’t seen anything in my inbox yet. I’m taking your advice and findings and preparing for whenever somebody calls me back, but so far the only thing I’ve heard was the (clearly inexperienced) agent give me her estimated ACV and then say they will have to wait for the police report before the next step. She explained that after fault is determined, we can talk about an adjuster coming by to cut a check on the spot.

I do want to see what I can get out of them. It would have to be rather enticing because I have put hundreds of hours into this car doing my ritual clean and polish on EVERY individual piece of the interior and even started working on the outside. I also broke my *** replacing the tail housing shaft seal and dipstick tube O-Ring. The amount of work I’ve put into this car has added so much value I’d honestly be hurting to find something comparable to the condition immediately before the crash. Maybe if I get a good enough check for repairs I’ll just buy a donor and swap in everything I’ve restored on this car. And I’ll have a spare Powertrain.
Thry are using a compuer program adjute figures, Low ball you. Aks them where there sources are. They do not have sources like you. If you have bodily and your the claimant , do not settle, Have patience a week or 8 days. Thety want to get a figure and write you a draft. Thats a fast dime settlement we called it in my career.. That car is not available in like kind condition at 2200.00

Members online

No members online now.
Back