Just painted calipers..i know,i know..i need rims

WishyouhadaLS?

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just finished painting my brakes turned out great, just need to get rims to show them off a bit.

before.jpg

after.jpg

on.jpg

oncar.jpg

Red.......

Seriously tho, nice work. Spray can or painted on?

Edit: nvm, i looked at the pics closer. Saw the overspray :D

Red.......
Seriously tho, nice work. Spray can or painted on?

My question as well. Painted seems like a pain in the ass. Much easier to spray as long as you pull the caliper + bracket off and cover the rotor/hub assembly with some plastic or something.

I've got a can of gloss black high temp engine paint sitting here. Going to do my rear brakes this weekend (since the fronts were done last weekend) and probably paint the calipers.

Judging from that nice overspray spot on the drive way... I'm gonna say shaker can.....

the red on the concrete is just a dusting, swept right up..tape everything around the caliper first then put a bag over the rest and tape all the openings left. i used drop cloth to cover the inside of the wheel well...and plastic bags all over the linkage

You get kudos in my book for taking the time to change the look of your car and make it "yours". Good luck on your search for rims. May have better luck finding "wheels". :)

Looks good but after I changed from red to silver and black I'm not a fan of the red either. But it does look like you did a great job. Keep modding that Linc!

Looks good, some wheels would make a big diffrence.

:Bang scratch red off my list for caliper color on my LS.....

I wonder how hard it would be to sand and polish the calipers. I have done this with other metals before and then clear them I think that would be an really cool look.

I wonder how hard it would be to sand and polish the calipers. I have done this with other metals before and then clear them I think that would be an really cool look.

Fairly difficult because of all the nooks and crannies that you have to get into to polish. It's been done though.

brakes_08.jpg

Nelliot, that does look so nice though, polished metal has such an elegant look to it. I like it much more than chrome.

I'm not a fan of the color but good job nonetheless. I too agree that they would look good color matched to the car's color. Too much contrast with the red on silver look for my liking.

the more i see these wheels, the more i want them!

C'mon tax return! A member here owns a set correct?

Members online

No members online now.
Back