Just got my microheat (heated windshield washer fluid) kit.

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'll be installing this kit in the next week or so.....just so I can say I have it! I'll never use it. I live in Arizona! Its the same kit GM is using on its 2006 cars.

I dont understand???? If you live in AZ why do you need to heat the washer fluid.....also if you lived in cold weather wouldnt the glass crack from the heated water??? Just a confused FL boy...

please kill this thread.

Why do you consistantly waste our time? is it funny to you? do you have nothing better to do?

I dont understand???? If you live in AZ why do you need to heat the washer fluid.....also if you lived in cold weather wouldnt the glass crack from the heated water??? Just a confused FL boy...

It's heated washer fluid not water. It has anti-freeze mix in it as well.

at first i was like to each his own. let him waste his own money. but then i realized who started this thread. kens up to another one of his stupid ass joke threads. this ones not gonna get as big a lous supercharger thread, so dont even try again.

The heated washer fluid with the anti-freeze mix is usually on the shelf right next to the blinker fluid. At least it is at my local AutoZone.

I was out of WD-41 the other day and I actually had to use some of that heated washer fluid to break free a couple of stingy muffler bearings.

Yeah the jokes are getting rather old. What happens if you mislead someone and they wind up doing something bad to their car? Cut the crap and find a hobby.

SoonerLS said:
I hate to not jump on the bandwagon, but this is a real product:
http://www.microheat.com/Products_Windshield.asp
Why anyone in Arizona would want it is another question entirely...

Thanks for the links! Seems like its not just for use in snow country.

From the FAQ:

Does HotShot work in hot weather?

Yes, HotShot also works just as effectively in warm weather and in warm climates. Heated washer solvent does a superior cleaning job removing bug grime, bird droppings, tree sap, car wash wax, road oils and dirt as compared to the cold wash wiper systems that have been used for decades.

Google Guys....Google...and it's Christmas...& New Years, before you go throwing that hardpacked snowball, at least make sure it's yellow!:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ndshield+washer+fluid)+kit&btnG=Google+Search

Now, what I am still laughing about is there are no air filters for the heater for the seats!! lolololololol and I'm laughing cause IT IS REAL!!!! lolololol heheheh "you got a stinky butt heater" hehehehe cold booty is something I've never had to worry much about.

MsM8

MsM8tress said:
Now, what I am still laughing about is there are no air filters for the heater for the seats!! lolololololol and I'm laughing cause IT IS REAL!!!!
There's no air filter for the heated seats, but there is a filter for the heated and cooled seats on the '03-'06 LS.

Jus' reading, wasn't gettin tecnic....

quote...:
Speaking of heated/cooled seats, has anyone ever found out if filters for the seat ventilation system are available? The PN is 3W4Z-19E880-A, and last I heard, they were on international worldwide backorder. When I took my 03 in for its 30K service, replacement of these filters was on the menu, but could not be done because of the backorder situation. Has anything changed??

url
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=145489#post145489

It's called "Hotshot" by microheat.

It looks like the same type of device you have under your bathroom sink that heats the water up on demand. As it senses flow it turns on a heating element and the water is heated to almost steam. It has several modes you can set it to. You can see it at www.microheat.com. They claim to be the OEM for FORD and GM on all vehicles that use this system. I installed it in about an hour. There is no doubt the water comes out HOT! Like steam!

Ken Motz said:
It's called "Hotshot" by microheat.

It looks like the same type of device you have under your bathroom sink that heats the water up on demand. As it senses flow it turns on a heating element and the water is heated to almost steam. It has several modes you can set it to. You can see it at www.microheat.com. They claim to be the OEM for FORD and GM on all vehicles that use this system. I installed it in about an hour. There is no doubt the water comes out HOT! Like steam!

b.s. website. Takes way too much personal info just to get a stupid price, which btw, I didn't even get but I got tired of their games. I hate websites and guys that do business like this.

MonsterMark said:
b.s. website. Takes way too much personal info just to get a stupid price, which btw, I didn't even get but I got tired of their games. I hate websites and guys that do business like this.

I agree, I don't know why they don't post a price. Very frustrating.

That said, I did find an article last night saying that the systems range from $289 to $349 IIRC, depending on the setup and bells/whistles.

Ken Motz said:
You can buy it at many places on the net for about $150.

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=MICMH34PR&source=froogle&kw=MICMH34PR

Try this link.
Thanks for the link Ken. Good price too. Man, I was in a good mood today until I encountered their website and game playing. I can't wait for all the extra spam I am going to get now that they have my email addy to sell to all the 'nice' guys on the net.

I am back on even keel thanks to you.;)

If you guys are interested, use the link Ken supplied at tooldiscounter and save yourself the frustration.

They also have a heated washer squirter nozzel that they sell. For those in a cold climate it may be a great mod. I just did this mod because it was simple and practical. It cleans the bugs off the windshield in a flash with the steam applied through the nozzle tips.

HOT WATER BREAKS COLD GLASS!!!!If I remember my Science class.....LOL I thought that is why the LS had heated WIPERS!!!! LOL I wouldnt pay more than 29.99 for that crap.....Then again I live in FL and if there is ever Ice on my windshield that means 1) Im up before 4:30 (in the winter) and 2) then all I have to do is turn on the wipers and spray some of the COOL BLUE WASHER FLUID!! LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back