Just got my first LS! 2004!

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am so pumpt! I have been looking for 6 months+ for an LS that meets all my requirements! And finally today, April 18th, I found it!

2004 LS V8 Ultimate (thanks gcwimmer)
107k Miles
Mostly highway'd as the couple I bought it from live in some po-dunk town in BFE.

Here are some quick pics I snapped right after bringing it home! It's been rainy and damp all weekend so she's not washed up yet. Hoping for sunny weather tomorow so I can wash!

On to the pics!

p1150653.jpg

p1150654.jpg

p1150655i.jpg

p1150656w.jpg

p1150657v.jpg

p1150658y.jpg

p1150659r.jpg

THe passenger side seat, the little brackets that hold on that panel broke off... They said the dealer wanted $200 to fix it. They laughed. I wonder how I should fix it, I haven't really taken a good look.

Thanks for viewing!

I thought the LSE was the sport version...I see many non-sport parts...but I wouldn't know since I've never owned a Gen II :p

they laughed because a fight the had in the back seats...other then that that LS id Sick dude...black on black is the only color i would get for any car...my MK8 isn't black but since I bought it for $350 alittle of jet black paint is all it needs

Black on Black never appealed to me just cause you can really tell the wearing on a black interior..and never looked nice it photos.......

Yea the owner before carried her Dalmation in the back (hence the 'I <3 dalmations" on the license plate surround lolol!) SO the dog probably brokew the panel somehow, also there is dalmation hair all over the back area. Will definitely be vacuming.

They had it listed @ $8900 a few weeks back and I have been talking to them since. The owner was upside down in it and owed 8000 on it. I paid 7 Grand even and drove it away. I love the black on black, I was originally wanting the black exterior with whatever interior, but black was a plus. And I got everything i wanted and then some with it!

The only defects is that seat panel. And then there is slight paint flake/chip on the left rear quarter panel as you can see in the pictures. Also a white scrape mark on the rear bumper under the taillight. Other than that it is flawless!

Oh yea. I forgot to add. It's probably in the manual, but for a quick verification; Do I have to go to a dealer to get the outside keypad programmed?

I thought the LSE was the sport version...I see many non-sport parts...but I wouldn't know since I've never owned a Gen II :p

All '03-'06 V8 LSes are sports. Other than the one or two that got away, no '03-'06 V6's are sports (Leo, yours doesn't count :p ). The LSE has always been an appearance package only.

Thats awesome man sounds like the deal i got on my 2004. Paid 7500 cash for it back in november and had 70k on her then. Love those rims though

It just took me forever to vaccum out the dog hair... There was a TON in the headliner... And whilst doing this I discovered the headliner is no longer sticking up @ the window brake light. It's sagging down a bit... Gorilla glue time i suppose

I am so pumpt! I have been looking for 6 months+ for an LS that meets all my requirements! And finally today, April 18th, I found it!

2004 LS V8 Sport
Has every option except heated mirrors.
107k Miles
Mostly highway'd as the couple I bought it from live in some po-dunk town in BFE.

Yours is an Ultimate because it has wood trim, wood trim steering wheel, shift knob, and 8-spoke chrome wheels. The Sport has Aluminum trim with leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and machined 7 spoke aluminum wheels.

Your mirrors are heated and they fold.

If you use SEARCH you should find how others have fixed the seat backs, this was a common failure, I had both of mine replaced under warranty.

The original factory key pad code came with the owners manual on a credit card, if you don't have, yes you have to go to the dealer for factory code read and then you can program your own code. If you don't have the owners manual down load it from TECH ARTICLES at the top of the page next to SEARCH.

Congratulations!

Congrats on the purchase! Don't feel to distraught about the headliner. It seems to be a right of passage to fix that as it is very common.

Yours is an Ultimate because it has wood trim, wood trim steering wheel, shift knob, and 8-spoke chrome wheels. The Sport has Aluminum trim with leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and machined 7 spoke aluminum wheels.

Your mirrors are heated and they fold.

If you use SEARCH you should find how others have fixed the seat backs, this was a common failure, I had both of mine replaced under warranty.

The original factory key pad code came with the owners manual on a credit card, if you don't have, yes you have to go to the dealer for factory code read and then you can program your own code. If you don't have the owners manual down load it from TECH ARTICLES at the top of the page next to SEARCH.

Congratulations!

Yea I just discovered it was an Ultimate as well. My bad, all these different trims can get confusing!

And I figured the dogs the lady carried broke that seat, I guess not. Didn't even think to search for something like that... :shifty:

And I have the manual and have been reading it. Apparently the keypad code is on the computer module somewhere, so I will look there. It says its on the wallet in the glovebox, but it is definitely not.

Thanks for clarifying what trim I had!

Yea I have alot in mind, it will take a long time to get it where I want it, but that's the fun part!

I plan to get an LSE bumper.
Windows tinted.
CAI.
Exhaust (magnaflow).
Angel Eyes.
Instrument Cluster bulb changes.
Lowering springs.
New Wheels.
Sound system.

Just a general list, but those are the biggies I guess.

Thanks for looking guys!

And I have the manual and have been reading it. Apparently the keypad code is on the computer module somewhere, so I will look there. It says its on the wallet in the glovebox, but it is definitely not.

Urban myth, on card only.

Really? It says that in that manual. It also said it was in the glovebox wallet. Which it is not. I guess the manual isn't perfect too!

Thanks for the info though

Btw changing the cluster bulbs are gonna be a b*tch..it's been a topic of discussion for quite some time. And good luck with lowering springs...choose well. And if you get magnaflow is should only be a 1hr DIY job if you got the right tools.And i would suggest a LSE top grille or color match the chrome.....best of luck newbie!

Btw changing the cluster bulbs are gonna be a b*tch..it's been a topic of discussion for quite some time. And good luck with lowering springs...choose well. And if you get magnaflow is should only be a 1hr DIY job if you got the right tools.And i would suggest a LSE top grille or color match the chrome.....best of luck newbie!

I doubt Ill do the exhaust myself.

Cluster bulbs are actually a recent topic and some guy is going to sell kits to do it...

I am painting the surounds, I forgot to mention that.

And yes I will probably get a mclaren grill over an LSE, i haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the luck!

best of luck getting a lclaren grille...they are very rare and mostly sold through here or LLSC.

You gonna chip the baby?

And the guy would be selling the kit for the main instrument panel but the speedometer and fuel bulbs are very very hard to do which the guy who created the thread has not done yet :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back