Jumping ship, throwing in the towel. It is time.

jmtiseo

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
Trying to sell privately as a whole except the McLaren.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4085033559.html

After this week I'm accepting trade-in offers from dealer. At that time, the goodies are coming off except the brakes for obvious reason. Prices below don't include shipping.

Goody bag:

McLaren grille - $300 ("Vivid Red" G2 - good)
Folding mirrors with LED puddle lamps - $200 ("Vivid Red" G2 - good)
K&N intake w/ filter - $100 (already claimed - good)
Lug Nuts - Shipping (stockers - fair)
OEM calipers, pads, rotors, lines - make offer (good)
SCT - $300 (if I buy GM - good)
OEM HIDs w/ HID hi-beams & Angel Eyes - $200 (will need your HIDs first, one ring half lit - fair)

Looking into Regal GS, ATS, F150, Silverado/Sierra, or Fusion.

Damn, two great LS's up for sale in the same week, this is depressing. Two points for consideration though.

Right now, as I type this, there is an ATS at the bottom of the page. Also, the ATS-V is supposedly coming with twin turbos, so there is that.

Secondly, I PM'd you about the SCT.

I really hate to see you and Atrom go. I love the red on LS the best, and seeing you two put a great deal of time and effort into your great examples was nice. Good luck with the sale.

Damn, two great LS's up for sale in the same week, this is depressing. Two points for consideration though.

Right now, as I type this, there is an ATS at the bottom of the page. Also, the ATS-V is supposedly coming with twin turbos, so there is that.

Secondly, I PM'd you about the SCT.

I really hate to see you and Atrom go. I love the red on LS the best, and seeing you two put a great deal of time and effort into your great examples was nice. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks friends! I know the V is coming, unfortunately by the time it comes it will be too late and too expensive. Even the 3.6 ATS might be out of my range but the 2.0 and AWD level might fulfill my needs.

The speculated GNX/Grand National I can't wait for either for the same reason. Perhaps by the time that's released I will trade in. Could only imagine what that's going to be like, TT, AWD, murdered out.

Drive the ats turbo, it's a damn fun car. Many prefer it over the 3.6.
Can't wait to see the new GNX, just hope the Buick styling doesn't suck.
Good luck!

I will take the K&N if your first current taker changes his/her mind.

I would get another cluster and test out first to see if you can safely disable it. It will work just like your married one, but wont turn your car on, so you can just turn the key on to see if the chine works.

There's hope yet, this thing doesn't sell private, it sure as hell isn't getting traded in. 2.5-3k trade-in. I know they have to make money but I'm not giving it away so they can turn a 100-200% profit. They could literally wash it and throw a sign in the window. What bothers me is that it's not justified, at least the guy at the Caddy dealer took it for a drive to evaluate it. Wish I would have known that, would have taken the tune off as to not suggest tranny issues. Bastuds.

Also, part of me is scared to have to relearn everything about a car. It took me 20 minutes into my Fusion test drive to finally adjust the tilt steering. I couldn't find the trunk button on the GS. Well the Cadillac, let's just say, it's a Cadillac.

Last edited:
winners-never-quit-and-quitters-never-win-1.png

I chewed it over with a Snicker's, for I'm not always me when I'm hungry. Will keep you fellas updated as I'm back on my Explorer kick which would make it easier to hold onto.

Plus used car salespeople are treating me better than new car salespeople. Actually, after pricing insurance and payments on an ATS and GS, I'd be happier paying half that a month and have some form of function come snow season.

Meh, keeping it as a weekend car for those who care to know. Picking up the Explorer late next week after they do all the requested service.

Sucks that you are selling it. I was looking forward to seeing and meeting you At the LS meet next year.

Funny how things like this pop up agian. I was going to start listing mine after the holidays. Sad really, but I just have different needs now.

Funny how things like this pop up agian. I was going to start listing mine after the holidays. Sad really, but I just have different needs now.

Same with me as well. Possibly waiting for spring, rwd cars don't seem to sell for top dollar in the winter..

Yeh it's too bad but it is what it is. It's only posted now for visibility. As mentioned in the listing it's tentatively sold. We agreed on the price of $8500 considering the recent upgrades, maintenance, etc. just waiting for the wheels to get in about mid-January.

I shared this on a local FB group and everyone poked fun at it. It's priced high, I know that, but I could part it out for the offers I was getting. That was the reason for my recent post about the fanboy automotive enthusiasts.

Ok guys, my LS has been gone a week officially. Here are the parts I have left, all previous "dibs" have since been deleted. Since the car is gone these obviously serve no purpose to me anymore. Local pickup preferred for the larger/heavier items out of SE Michigan. Pictures upon request, preferably through text messaging.

• 3 front shock tower caps (2 right, 1 left): sell all three ($40), both right ones ($20), or sell the left separate ($20). Prices shipped to US.
  • OEM sport coil-over assemblies: 130k miles, sold as a set of 4 ($150 + shipping)
  • OEM brake assemblies: calipers, lines, rotors, pads, sold as set of 4 ($150 + shipping)
  • 2004 LS shop manuals: 3 volumes, sold as set ($75 shipped)
  • 1 pr. emblems: red with black star ($15 shipped)
  • MLara's '06/LSE side valences/skirts: silver, curb rash, ($200 + shipping)
  • Standard mirrors: paint code G2 "Vivid Red" ($75 shipped)
  • OEM air intake + filter: ($75 + shipping)
  • OEM interior and exterior bulbs from full LED swap: (make an offer)
  • Dorman lug nuts: (make an offer)

Parts pending sale if you want to be on-deck if the deals fall through:
  • McLaren grille
  • CDC grille
  • SCT XCal3
  • '06/LSE front fascia

parting with the LS or any car is inevitable...i'm thinking about abandoning ship soon too I used to own an Acura Legend that forum is a lot quieter then it used to be most members moved on no doubt this fourm will not be the same in a few yrs this place probably already reached its peak and now its slowly going down hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaAdG2IFVE

• OEM brake assemblies: calipers, lines, rotors, pads, sold as set of 4 ($150 + shipping)

These calipers?

1) brand new
2) will fit 01 Sport
3) willing to sell calipers only

SS lines by chance ?

NVM thanks, grabbing new instead.

Members online

Back