Jaguar S-Type-R brake and wheel upgrade

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is my idea sparked by Arthur(HyeLife).

I just ordered Front and back calipers and the larger rotors off of a 2005 Jaguar Type-R. That is going from a 11.8" front rotor to 14.3".

Along with this I also got a set of S-Type-R wheels to fit the calipers in the winter time. This should fill out the 19" wheels that Im using now pretty nicely as well.

With these new upgrades, I will be parting with my other set of wheels. 17" 7-spoke chrome 2005 LSE wheels and tires with 8K miles on them if anyone is interested before they go up on Ebay.

Ill be posting pics in a month or so once I have time to get it all on the car.

typerrotor.jpg

With these new upgrades, I will be parting with my other set of wheels. 17" 7-spoke chrome 2005 LSE wheels and tires with 8K miles on them if anyone is interested before they go up on Ebay.

I am interested, have been looking for a set of those. Pm sent!!

Got all 4 calipers and rotors off a 2006 S-Type R from a local bone yard for $300. Sure beats the other big brake prices of $3800 and $5000

jagwbrake.jpg

Damn man, that' s helluva deal. Didn't that car have anything else interesting? (engine)

What about the brake muster cylinder and the other components?

The car was mostly hacked.

The guy offered me the trans, complete motor and ECU for $3K. Im VERY tempted to get it and make it a winter project.

I want to get my hands on a complete LS 3.9L V8 and a Jag 4.2L short block. It looks like the crank sensor trigger mechanism is all that is needed to change out to make it work but I don't have one in front of me so I can't say for sure. Snag it and let the research begin.

Here is my idea sparked by Arthur(HyeLife).

I just ordered Front and back calipers and the larger rotors off of a 2005 Jaguar Type-R. That is going from a 11.8" front rotor to 14.3".

Along with this I also got a set of S-Type-R wheels to fit the calipers in the winter time. This should fill out the 19" wheels that Im using now pretty nicely as well.

Ill be posting pics in a month or so once I have time to get it all on the car.

Will the Jag calipers mount to stock LS locations or do you have to get adapter plates made?

P.S. This reminds me of putting all the Vette parts on my GP!!

Last edited:
What will you be doing with your 19"? I know you got a PHAT deal for those, are you interested in selling them?
Thanks,
Elisha

P.S. I re-read your first post, your only using the Type-R wheels in the winter.D A M N

What will you be doing with your 19"? I know you got a PHAT deal for those, are you interested in selling them?
Thanks,
Elisha

P.S. I re-read your first post, your only using the Type-R wheels in the winter.D A M N

More than likely once I have the Jag brakes in place in a month or so, I will keep the Jag 18's year round and unload the 19's.

02V8Sport,

I'm glad you're not selling your LS. It's too nice of a car.

Thanks JG. The LS will stick around for a bit longer. I'll see though. Im still up in the air with this car.

Good luck finding Jag Stype R brakes for $300. Someone was just lucky earlier.

For those of us that did BBK's outside the breakers yard, those prices were new, and installed......and available on demand.

Good job on the Jag brakes, don't get me wrong, those are sweet. I just don't see the used R model set up being something many are going to be able to find.

I dislike chrome, its too heavy. Did they make those s/chrome?
They're chrome plated aluminum alloy. Very light weight. I dont know of any OE manufacturer that uses full steel chrome wheels anymore. There are aftermarket companies (Dayton, for instance) that still make them from steel, but pretty much every auto manufacturer has plated alloys. Except for truck wheels maybe.

Chrome still weighs more than paint.

Take a Chrome TT2 vs a regular painted TT2 a 17x9" wheel with chrome weighs 22.8lbs, a painted one weights 21.6. Yeah its only 1.2lbs but it still unsprung weight and I don't like chrome wheels anyway. Even my '64 Riviera is getting polished aluminum wheels not chrome and it has a decent amount of chrome on it already to match with.

Members online

No members online now.
Back