Jaguar 12.6" brakes + RotorPros Crossed Drilled/Slottod Rotors= Sexiness

MaddShadez

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I combined Kumba's Jaguar S-type Sport larger rotors with the RotorPros slotted and cross drilled group buy. I got the fronts mounted tonight, but its been storming so these pics aren't great. They look awesome in person, very nice quality. I have the rears the mount yet before i take it for a test drive, that will be in the morning.

For the record the deal was $280 shipped for the larger upgrade and ceramic pads. I passed on the SS brake lines, although i may regret that soon haha.

Hopefully these pics load and i'll take better ones tomorrow! First pic is the old rotor, second is a side by side of the old and new rotor, third pic is the old rotor on top of the new one, and final is a shot of them mounted. Tomorrow i'll get some distance shots.

old rotors_800x451.jpg

side by side_800x451.jpg

compare_800x451.jpg

new rotors_800x451.jpg

I combined Kumba's Jaguar S-type Sport larger rotors with the RotorPros slotted and cross drilled group buy. I got the fronts mounted tonight, but its been storming so these pics aren't great. They look awesome in person, very nice quality. I have the rears the mount yet before i take it for a test drive, that will be in the morning.

For the record the deal was $280 shipped for the larger upgrade and ceramic pads. I passed on the SS brake lines, although i may regret that soon haha.

Hopefully these pics load and i'll take better ones tomorrow! First pic is the old rotor, second is a side by side of the old and new rotor, third pic is the old rotor on top of the new one, and final is a shot of them mounted. Tomorrow i'll get some distance shots.

I don't remember the thread... Do you need a new caliper mounting bracket or is the rotor just plug-n-play?

Yessss, now I can order since you did it first.

What did you say to get the jag upgrade?

Can the rears be upgraded too? Also, do you have a p/n?

Yessss, now I can order since you did it first.

What did you say to get the jag upgrade?

i just mentioned the Jag fronts fit and specified the 12.6" size, he did the rest! It's an insanely easy mod.

There aren't any for the rears, at least not without significant changes that prolly aren't worth the effort since the rears don't do much braking. The part numbers for the caliper mounting brackets are 141650 and 141651

i just mentioned the Jag fronts fit and specified the 12.6" size, he did the rest! It's an insanely easy mod.

There aren't any for the rears, at least not without significant changes that prolly aren't worth the effort since the rears don't do much braking. The part numbers for the caliper mounting brackets are 141650 and 141651

Thanks! Actually, the rears do more than you might think.

ok, I give - that rotor does look damn sexy!

The Jag rears are the same size as the Lincoln rears so no upgrade to be had.

There are three things you need outside of a complete brake job to get the JAG upgrade.

1) 2003-2005 Jag S-Type "Sport" Caliper bracket (only $12 when I bought them)
3) 2003-2005 Jag S-Type "Sport" 320mm brake rotor
2) Modified brake clips and slippers (Jag doesn't sell them outright, and no one makes them)

Here's my original thread, complete with a guest appearance by TooManyToys who worked on the brakes on the LS. He said just the upgrade, with all things be equal, are around a 5-6% brake performance increase with better thermal management: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=75235

Has anyone been able to verify if the factory 17" wheels will still clear the caliper with this upgrade?

Does the car stop any better? Theoretically it should...

Yes, there is definitely a better authority to the brakes. It will not fix the soft/mushy pedal though. You will need braided SS brake lines and some good pads to fix that. After all that though they feel very strong and responsive. You also get a better pedal feel with them upgraded.

I got rid of the mushiness with just a fluid flush and replacing the pads and rotors front and rear.

Still have the stock lines and rotor size. But it does still have lots of fade.

Yes, there is definitely a better authority to the brakes. It will not fix the soft/mushy pedal though. You will need braided SS brake lines and some good pads to fix that. After all that though they feel very strong and responsive. You also get a better pedal feel with them upgraded.
My Navigator has rear rubber brake lines that can only be described as 2+ feet. lol

The LS brakes feel superior to it, but eventually it will be steel braided hoses on both. Thanks for the info! This upgrade may be added to my list. :cool:

2) Modified brake clips and slippers (Jag doesn't sell them outright, and no one makes them)

Hey Kumba, searching rockauto for part # H15915A, is that the Jaguar retaining clip sold alone? My brakes for some reason didn't have one and rotorpros didn't ship one so i have a rattle in the front. did some looking and came across this, wondering if its the right part...

My Navigator has rear rubber brake lines that can only be described as 2+ feet. lol

The LS brakes feel superior to it, but eventually it will be steel braided hoses on both. Thanks for the info! This upgrade may be added to my list. :cool:

The biggest difference that I can describe between the rubber and SS lines was that they both had good initial grab but the rubber lines would slowly feel like they were loosing pressure. This translated into a little more pedal movement after the initial grab to maintain the same braking feel. With the SS braided lines this was almost eliminated! Changing the pads out to the Akebono Euros got rid of what was left of the mushy pedal for me.

If your pedal feels good when stopping then you might want to look at your tires. There was a HUGE difference in how the car felt and handled going from the stock Michelin MXM4s to the Continental ContiProContacts. Tires are almost always the most overlooked performance aspect of a car while also being the most important. If you can't maintain traction then everything else is moot.

The biggest difference that I can describe between the rubber and SS lines was that they both had good initial grab but the rubber lines would slowly feel like they were loosing pressure. This translated into a little more pedal movement after the initial grab to maintain the same braking feel. With the SS braided lines this was almost eliminated! Changing the pads out to the Akebono Euros got rid of what was left of the mushy pedal for me.

If your pedal feels good when stopping then you might want to look at your tires. There was a HUGE difference in how the car felt and handled going from the stock Michelin MXM4s to the Continental ContiProContacts. Tires are almost always the most overlooked performance aspect of a car while also being the most important. If you can't maintain traction then everything else is moot.
That will be hard for me. I'm such a Michelin type of guy. lol If I don't go Michelin performance when I replace them, I'll likely look for some kind of higher performance tire. I can't really speak on Continental since I've never owned any, and I've never really heard much about them from anyone. Loved Michelins on every car I've ever owned...

I got yokohomas right now and want the same ones if they are in stock when i get my 18's mounted.

Bridgestone RE970 Pole Positions for me. Long lasting, quiet and stick well in rain or dry.

All I know is the original Michelin Pilot MXM4s were horrible. It got even worse when it rained. If it wasn't for the fact that I got the 18" rims with decent 245/45 continental tires for $600 I would be running either Michelin Pilot Sports or Continental Extreme Contact DW.

Members online

No members online now.
Back