Jaguar 12.6" brakes + RotorPros Crossed Drilled/Slottod Rotors= Sexiness

All I know is the original Michelin Pilot MXM4s were horrible. It got even worse when it rained. If it wasn't for the fact that I got the 18" rims with decent 245/45 continental tires for $600 I would be running either Michelin Pilot Sports or Continental Extreme Contact DW.

I have the Conti extreme contact DW. They are nice on this car- side wall could be a touch firmer but if your running a larger wheel and lower profile tire, its more than fine (I was used to BFG's with the sidewall inserts and those were the firmest ever). Only complaint is they are a tad loud as time goes on but they do really good in the rain (especially hydroplane resistance and acceleration), and even better in the hot summer sun that they were designed for. The wear rate is superior to the BFG's by a mile. They do tend to flatspot a little overnight but quickly smooth out. I only notice it in early spring and late fall when its cold. Michelins are good, but expensive and a poor value IMO. The conti's always have very competitive pricing- notice they never have $75 off coupon crap for them.

I have the Conti extreme contact DW. They are nice on this car- side wall could be a touch firmer but if your running a larger wheel and lower profile tire, its more than fine (I was used to BFG's with the sidewall inserts and those were the firmest ever). Only complaint is they are a tad loud as time goes on but they do really good in the rain (especially hydroplane resistance and acceleration), and even better in the hot summer sun that they were designed for. The wear rate is superior to the BFG's by a mile. They do tend to flatspot a little overnight but quickly smooth out. I only notice it in early spring and late fall when its cold. Michelins are good, but expensive and a poor value IMO. The conti's always have very competitive pricing- notice they never have $75 off coupon crap for them.

Yeah, since I'm running a somewhat small profile I look at the softer sidewall as helping the suspension do it's job. You can always add a little PSI to the tire to stiffen it up. I find that around 40 is the best mix for daily driving. Mine will also flatspot overnight but like you said a minute or so rolling down the road and they are fine. Hydroplane is very important to me since I live in Florida and the old Michelins felt like I was skiing most of the time it rained. These have a very positive feel in the rain. I didn't really notice them being any more or less noisy then my Michelins so I don't really notice a difference. But the again I am running a different tire then you.

Never ran BF Goodrich but I have had Michelin Pilot Sports before. Those were some good tires but a tad pricey. Also had good luck with Goodyear Eagle RS once before.

I know its like comparing apples and oranges, but this is what I'm running on my truck:

http://bit.ly/HjLjiI

P275/65R18

mmivh2.ang.jpg

They are some of the best tires I've ever driven on. I don't typically buy the cheapest Michelins. I'm not sure if that matters or not. If they don't have any I really like, I'll probably buy a well known performance brand.

They look good, I'm not a huge fan of slotted rotors for just street driving as they wear your pads down very quickly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back