I've been busy...

MercuryLs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm sure some of you have been wondering where I've been and what I've been up to....

The Mark VIII...
I was having a lean issue, so come to find out one of my fuel pumps had failed (remember I have TWO in-tank pumps). So I decided to replace BOTH pumps. At the sane time I also upgraded from 60 to 80lb injectors. So I get all that in, i change my tune accordingly, and I went to change the oil and found some water!!!
So I run a compression check to find the drivers bank all over the place- headgasket! (keep in mind I have ARP head studs) So I pull the engine, pull the heads and strip them in preperation to be checked by the machine shop. To my surprise I found the exhaust cam key was MIA and the exhaust cam was waaay Retard!!! (also keep in mind if you a factory engine, the secondary cam drive is NOT keyed from the factory. Bet if you check them they are out if spec!!)

So I decided to inspect the rest of the engine and found bearing material in the pan! So I brought that to the machine shop as well. I also brought a teksid block there so I can get my good internals out of that HEAVY iron block!

I've picked up some other goodies for the Lincoln as well, but currently I'm waiting for the machine shop to finish everything.

During all of this I've blew the Trans out of my fairly hopped up F350, so I had to pull that and it's at my tranny guy being built.

I've gotten a lot of work done to the mustang. Pulled more weight out of it, got the rest of the stuff to put the long block together.

I also got a white Mark VIII for my gf and put together a motor for it. I should be putting in her new motor here in the next week. Look for some fun things happening with it soon!

So that's the cliff notes of where I've been and what I've been up to lately. I'm trying to get my Lincoln ready for the Buick vs Ford event in Noble, OK in Oct. If I have it ready for that event, look for some new records to be made!

sounds like you've been having as much fun as me! Good luck with the new motor. Hopefully you won't walk thru this one as fast as the others!

Members online

No members online now.
Back