Issue with 2006 Lincoln LS E-brake/traction control is not working

Just follow the parking brake cables from the calipers to the equalizer, and from there to the actuator.
My 04 was flaky for a while. It slowly got worse. (It would demand that the re-calibrate procedure be done.) I picked up a spare electronic module for it, but before I got around to it, one of the parking brake cables broke. After replacing that cable, it has not complained anymore. I guess it was the cable stretching all along that was its problem.

Didn't you mean U1262 not B1262?

Why not B1262?
B1262 Servo Motor Defrost Circuit Failure DATC

There is a P1262 and a C1262, in addition to B1262 and U1262. I assume that he correctly reported B1262.

Had to put off these repairs for now :( Had to replace another serpentine Belt this week cause of a oil leak killing it. Had to change the oil pan gasket as well and this was my issue. It had a chunk of the timing chain tensioner down in the pan. I am pretty sure it jumped timing cause it did not hardly want to turn over today, it did try but did not succeed in fully turning over. I guess this can be expected the car has 244K miles on it. I am having the whole timing chain fixed this weekend though and then after that I can get back to the other issues it has. I had bought a secondary kit but I am pretty sure it will require more than that. But I am good friends with a mechanic and they will make sure this issue is sorted and then other stuff I can take care of myself! But I am not attempting a timing chain repair cause I want the car to actually work again! If I attempted that it would be going to the junk yard I am almost certain...

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happened with this problem? Seems odd that there are no more posts?
I suspect that he just needed to take it to someone that had the IDS program so that the ABS could be re-calibrated. Forscan just doesn't work for this

I’m really interested to know what solved the problem, I’m looking at an 06 LS with similar issues, the motor and transmission seem to be all good but the traction control/ abs/ e-brake lights are on

I’m really interested to know what solved the problem, I’m looking at an 06 LS with similar issues, the motor and transmission seem to be all good but the traction control/ abs/ e-brake lights are on
Most of the time its wheel speed sensors download Forscan and grab up a cheap bluetooth ObdIi connector...this will read errors a normal code reader can't for Ford/Mazda

Members online

Back