Issue with 2006 Lincoln LS E-brake/traction control is not working

Small update I got the Steering to Calibrate now it's the booster that is failing to calibrate according to the ForScan Software.
Now Getting Booster Solenoid Output Failure

Last edited:
Swapped out the solenoid on the booster but still the same codes so I guess gonna try to swap out the whole unit tomorrow ran out of daylight today and I also got the fuel jet changed and so one less code now.

Rescan shows
(OK) [22:28:04.404] Vehicle: Lincoln LS 4V 3.9L 2006 ( 2006 MY ), VIN: 1LN*********16710
(OK) [22:28:06.022] Found module: PCM - Powertrain Control Module
(WARN) [22:28:06.068] DTCs in PCM: P1000-FF
(OK) [22:28:06.210] Found module: OBDII - On Board Diagnostic II
(OK) [22:28:07.296] Found module: DSM - Driver's Seat Module
(OK) [22:28:07.531] Found module: DDM - Drivers Door Module
(OK) [22:28:07.992] Found module: EATC - Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
(OK) [22:28:08.216] Found module: ACM - Audio Control Module
(WARN) [22:28:08.286] DTCs in ACM: U2025, U2005, U2008
(OK) [22:28:09.063] Found module: MC - Message Center
(WARN) [22:28:09.131] DTCs in MC: U1262
(OK) [22:28:09.259] Found module: IC - Instrument Cluster
(OK) [22:28:09.479] Found module: GEM - Generic Electronic Module
(OK) [22:28:09.691] Found module: REM - Rear Electronic Module
(OK) [22:28:09.872] Found module: EPB - Electric Parking Brake
DTCs in EPB: C1785
(OK) [22:28:10.329] Found module: ABS - Antilock braking system
(WARN) [22:28:10.423] DTCs in ABS: C1285, C1287
(OK) [22:28:12.149] Found module: RCM - Restraint Control Module

Last edited:
Just a small update I got the multifunction switch replaced and was able to run more test via ForScan. Now when I test the climate control I think I might see my electronic issue. I am getting B1242 and B1262 now does this sound like the DCCV?

B1242 is a code for the fresh/recycle airflow selector actuator. A few on here have found that a plastic arm gets brittle and breaks. You can't get it new anymore, and the dash may have to come out to replace it. (It is something that you can live without.) At least one person has reported that they had a problem with the DATC such that it was driving the actuator too far and that was what caused the arm to break.

B1262 is a code for the defrost air door actuator. First, verify that you really have a problem by manually selecting the defrost air and then selecting dash air. If that works, then it was just a stored code from a momentary problem. It seems to be common to have such momentary events now and then.

Neither of those has anything to do with the DCCV.

Thanks! On B1262 I did as you suggested and it worked fine. But what is the troubleshooting steps for B1242?

Thanks! On B1262 I did as you suggested and it worked fine. But what is the troubleshooting steps for B1242?

With all the doors and windows closed, pressing the recycle button (to turn the light on) show cause a slight increase in airflow and noise from the vents. Pressing it again to turn the light off should slightly decrease airflow/noise.
If the plastic part is broken, you may hear a sound from the right side of the dash when closing a door (all windows closed). This would be the air pressure inside moving the recirc door.

Did another scan and now it's throwing B1352 I think this car is cursed!

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

With all the doors and windows closed, pressing the recycle button (to turn the light on) show cause a slight increase in airflow and noise from the vents. Pressing it again to turn the light off should slightly decrease airflow/noise.
If the plastic part is broken, you may hear a sound from the right side of the dash when closing a door (all windows closed). This would be the air pressure inside moving the recirc door.

Would this sound anything like a suction vacuum randomly? Almost could sound like it's releasing air pressure.

Would this sound anything like a suction vacuum randomly? Almost could sound like it's releasing air pressure.

I think more like a door pushing up and then falling shut, kind of a little thump.

I think more like a door pushing up and then falling shut, kind of a little thump.
So that sound I am hearing would it likely be coming from the AC Compressor or the Expansion Valve. I know that sound is not normal atleast as not as often as it happen.

Are you hearing the sound first just after starting the car or turning the AC on, and then periodically thereafter? Does it seem to come from the center of the dash?
If so, that's the expansion valve and it is often an indication of low refrigerant level.

Are you hearing the sound first just after starting the car or turning the AC on, and then periodically thereafter? Does it seem to come from the center of the dash?
If so, that's the expansion valve and it is often an indication of low refrigerant level.

Ok roger that ! It is toward the center I will check that out. Thanks

On the brake booster it refers to replacing for c1285 and c1287 is this what they are referring to Motorcraft Brake Booster New Ford Thunderbird Lincoln LS 2003-2006 BRB-14 | eBay ?

So, I don't know the "BRB-14" number, so I don't know what part number it translates to. There are two different vacuum boosters used on the LS.

5W4Z-2005-A - Vacuum booster for LS without AdvanceTrac (just traction control). There is still stock of this one available. This one does not have the solenoid.

5W4Z-2005-B and 5W4Z-2005-BA - Vacuum booster for LS with AdvanceTrac. This one is out of stock (I don't think that either one has been made for years.) This is the one you need, it has the solenoid.

Note that AdvanceTrac is also referred to as "IVD" (Interactive Vehicle Dynamics).

So, I don't know the "BRB-14" number, so I don't know what part number it translates to. There are two different vacuum boosters used on the LS.

5W4Z-2005-A - Vacuum booster for LS without AdvanceTrac (just traction control). There is still stock of this one available. This one does not have the solenoid.

5W4Z-2005-B and 5W4Z-2005-BA - Vacuum booster for LS with AdvanceTrac. This one is out of stock (I don't think that either one has been made for years.) This is the one you need, it has the solenoid.

Note that AdvanceTrac is also referred to as "IVD" (Interactive Vehicle Dynamics).
So this one is not right either?
LINCOLN LS 03-06 (traction control), w/AdvanceTrac (IVD), ID 3W43-2005-BA and BB
LINCOLN LS 03-06 (traction control), w/AdvanceTrac (IVD), ID 5W43-2005-BA
Power Brake Booster Traction Control Ivd Fits 03-06 LINCOLN LS 1411308 | eBay

Should be correct going by the description and part number.
I found one used for $43 that was OEM has a one year warranty so hopefully it will fix the issue. Just placed the order will let you know how it goes once it comes in. Thanks for all your help so far!

Also thought I would post a small update on my parking brake since I don't have a lot of electrical tools I used the ForScan and started to try and back up my modules. I was able to back them all up but when I got to the parking brake module bam failed to read. So I think I just found my culprit gonna grab a module tomorrow and will see what happens I am keeping my fingers crossed... so much easier to take the module out than the actuator!

Last edited:
Wanted to make sure of something before I get the part. The EPB Module at the junk yard was in a 2003 Lincoln LS but the numbers on the module did not match my 2006 ones. Will any EPB module from 2003-2006 work in the 2006 car?

Yes, that should be true.
If you have a 2004-2006 model don't use one from a 2003. Had to order one with the same numbers on it that my 2006 model had. Otherwise the module would not even read on the computer. I got the module working now but still no parking brake so I will have to replace the actuator now. I saw the diagram of it but is it hard to find I took a quick look at the junk yard the other day and I did not see where it is located! Had a tough time but then again was a pretty quick look as it was starting to rain.

Members online

No members online now.
Back