intermediate shaft

That all should have been correct. I wonder if the new shaft is off by that 15 to 20 degrees?

I was wondering if each shaft could be "vehicle specific". Could be if they align the car after the shaft is installed. Also, what if the rack were replaced after the joint(s) started failing? In any case, it goes in for an alignment on Wednesday and that should correct the issue.

Grrrrrrrrr........ Clunk is still there! Intermediate shaft replaced, check; stabilizer bar links replaced, check. What's next? Stabilizer bar?

Clunk when turning the steering wheel, or clunk when going over a bump?

got any new dents from throwin all those parts at it?

are the sway bar bushings any good? supposedly they cause clunking noises...

Clunk when turning the steering wheel, or clunk when going over a bump?

Yes. HOWEVER, the wheel turning clunk is when the car is stopped and going over a bump is with the wheel straight.

Well, that doesn't eliminate much of the front suspension as the possible problem.

OK, it is more of a pop or snap (like cracking a knuckle), stopped, at close to full lock either left or right. Dips seem fine now that I greased the stabilizer bar links.

OK, it is more of a pop or snap (like cracking a knuckle), stopped, at close to full lock either left or right. Dips seem fine now that I greased the stabilizer bar links.

too many possible causes to diagnose via internet IMO. i would take it to lincoln if its a major concern or seems like it would be worth it. ive known ppl to drive cars with axles popping like that for tens of thousands of miles w/o issue. sounds like crap in parking lot is the only downside.

Seems like it is my turn to find an intermediate shaft.

Tasca has it for almost $500 new. Old cars with discontinued parts is a real pain. I have identical symptoms as 'nelliot500'... So I am not sure if it is the upper joint or lower.

My LS is hardly driven anymore, so I guess I will get under there and see if I can tell which one is needing replaced before dropping money on used ebay steering parts.

If anyone has the hookup on new shafts, hit me up! ;)

All this sort of part is available in the hot rod aftermarket. Major manufacturer is Borgeson. Should be relatively easy to adapt.

KS

How about Jag S Type? They seem to have all of the discontinued parts from the LS still available. Even the bushings for the rear sub-frame are available!

Members online

Back