intake from oreilly auto parts

lincolnlsman

LVC Member
Reaction score
I made my own intake at my work what do you guys think??? still haven't got idle air control valve hooked up thats the only thing holding me back.

SDC10459.jpg

SDC10460.jpg

I have the Spectre air filter/maf adapter. Money well spent. The tubes are very low quality. Get the polished one from Ken for about 200.

IMHO
that thing makes your engine compartment look hideous.

I dont know if it's the chrome competing with the DIRT for my eyes attention or what..

maybe it'll look better once it gets dirty like the rest of the engine.

I'd paint it black, so it didn't stick out like a "ricers sore thumb".

...just say NO to BLING.
(lol)

Not too bad. I'd say paint it black though. Something like that is definately better than the stock intake. I've actually been looking around for something close to that, or have one made by a friend. Can I ask what it cost you and is it metal?

I'm pretty sure its plastic, all auto parts stores (in my area anyway) carry them. Its Spectre brand custom intake pieces. I think they vary in price from $5 - $15 per piece.

Or maybe OReilly has somethin different.

Not too bad. I'd say paint it black though. Something like that is definately better than the stock intake. I've actually been looking around for something close to that, or have one made by a friend. Can I ask what it cost you and is it metal?
well it would cost a walk in customer around 130.00 and it is plastic i was board at work one day (on lunch):D and took of my stock to mock it up and in about an hour i had it other than the dam idle air control valve i have every thing else pcv mass and the other vac line

Hopefully that new MAF housing is the same diameter as the old one. Is it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back