Installed New Grille(Pics)-Need Opinions

jk52781

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just installed the black LSE grille and took off the vertical Trenz grille. I really like the new look but I am unsure if I want to leave the grille black against the ivory or paint the black area ivory to match.

I have not painted the grille yet because I actually like the look of the black because it looks pretty aggressive.

I know most people have painted them to match but has anyone on a light colored car left it black?

I have attached pictures of the old grill and new LSE grille. If anyone has photo shop skills I would really appreciate what it looks like with Ivory surround.

What do the fellow members think?

2419456_90_full.jpg

2419456_150_full.jpg

2419456_152_full.jpg

I say paint it to color match.
Looks like black lipstick to me right now

you should paint your lower grille flat black.
That would look good.

you should paint your lower grille flat black.
That would look good.

I agree, the black and cream work well together it's a differently look but I think it looks pretty good just need a bit more black accent on the car or you might as well paint match it

When I had mine, I left it black. I liked it.

powdercoatlq6.jpg

I didn't have the money to paint it, so I just left it and grew to love it.

*Photoshopped the wheels and height*

When I had mine, I left it black. I liked it.

powdercoatlq6.jpg

I didn't have the money to paint it, so I just left it and grew to love it.

damn your car looked like that? that looks nice. what kind of springs did you have on it? did you rub?

I would paint it to match. Both griiles llok nice.

I just bought the same grille, but i haven't put it on yet because i want to paint it first.

You trying to copy me man, Foose speedsters and now the same grill?? Are you going to paint your car blue next? j/k :)

I just bought the same grille, but i haven't put it on yet because i want to paint it first.

You trying to copy me man, Foose speedsters and now the same grill?? Are you going to paint your car blue next? j/k :)

No man, this second year with the wheels. Yae I assumed most would say paint it but just wanted opinions. Thanks.

I am with the majority. If there were more black it wouldn't stick out so bad. If you do paint it to match I think it would look better. But its your car, do what you like with it.

It definitely makes the grille stand out more. But I think, not in a bad way.

Big improvement buddy. I hate those trenz grilles but to each his own.

I say paint it!

I say paint it. check out lsmonk's ride. he's got the same color, and painted to match lse grille. looks awesome.

And actually, If you did leave the grille as is, and paint the lower grille matte black like mine, it would probably look pretty sweet:

after 1.jpg

I say paint it. It'll look sweet. The only thing left after that would be painting the headlight bezels. I could help if you wanted to give that a try. Looking good though!

I say paint it. It'll look sweet. The only thing left after that would be painting the headlight bezels. I could help if you wanted to give that a try. Looking good though!

Hey Nic, yae I decided I am going to paint the grille Ivory. It is cool though to get a different perspective that is why I put it on the car. As far as painting the headlight bezels I am just not sure. I do like the black and ivory combination up front. But thank you for the offer I will keep that in mind.

OH, and John, AWESOME decision on switching to the LSE grille. Looks a lot better!

OH, and John, AWESOME decision on switching to the LSE grille. Looks a lot better!

Yae man thanks, definately an upgrade to the Trenz grille. The old grille was actual chrome so it was chipping and looking bad. Also there are too many bars. I guess I do not like that it is plastic but what the hell no one will know. I will get this puppy painted hopefully later this week.

Your black upper and lower sets off the Ivory and looks great. Have you installed that lower McClaren Grille yet over the bars?

Members online

Back