Installed Chip Car Don't Start

Not only why - but HOW? :)
When I sent the ECM, I recived it back soldered to the ECM I try to remove it because of gas loss but could not because it was soldered thats how I recived back from them they said I cleaned to much so they had to fix the lines where the chip goes so it must of got stuck to the ECM and I didn't want to brake it, but any ways thats my story. Good Luck To All....

From Chris.
Ill call him tomorrow but I cannot imgine him soldering it to the board.
Ill know tomorrow for sure.

Can you take a pic?

I do remember Chris telling me that he had to build up the contacts again because thy were overcleaned and they were too shallow but I cannot imagine him trying to solder it to the chip.

Please take a photo and attach it.

From Chris.
Ill call him tomorrow but I cannot imgine him soldering it to the board.
Ill know tomorrow for sure.

Can you take a pic?

I do remember Chris telling me that he had to build up the contacts again because thy were overcleaned and they were too shallow but I cannot imagine him trying to solder it to the chip.

Please take a photo and attach it.
I will take a pic and post it.

I am on the phone right now with Chris and he said all he did was "build up" some contacts with solder but there is now way at all that he would have soldered the chip to the board quite simply because it couldn't be done because there is no physical way to get in there to make the older contact the connectors.

SO it is NOT soldered to the board.

Any pics yet?

I was just wondering if your chip has to be reflashed if you added something like 4.10 gaers. And would I have to send it back to you to do that?

I think that 281DOHC is just tired of the hassle and wants to forget about it.
I can understand as trouble shooting one of your chips is some what time consuming since it has to be shipped back and forth.

One additional thing. You say to take the contacts down to copper, Your PDQ guy and the included directions say not to do this. A little confusing.

I think that 281DOHC is just tired of the hassle and wants to forget about it.
I can understand as trouble shooting one of your chips is some what time consuming since it has to be shipped back and forth.

One additional thing. You say to take the contacts down to copper, Your PDQ guy and the included directions say not to do this. A little confusing.

No he is not, he made a rediculous claim that would never happen & couldn't physically be done and I am calling him on it that's all.

You act like all our chips have this problem.

He was REFLASHED he had to be read!! ANY chip maker would have to perform what happened to him to anyones computer simply it didnt work because it was reflashed and the box HAD to be read period, there is no way around it. Him being reflashed has NOTHING to do with me at all.

I TRIED to help him.

When I say down to copper I do not mean ALL COPPER, just a hint of copper showing through, this insures your through all the coatings.

He went too far and they had to build up the contacts again.

I understand that his computer was reflashed at some point, mine did not have a reflash sticker on it. I never said that all your chips are bad. I only said that he probally just doesn't want to deal with it and that the copper thing could be confusing. Here is an example.

Like I told you, when I tried my chip I first followed the directions, then took it all the way down to the copper, then I built it back up again after hearing that you shouldn't do this from PDQ. I'm sure your chips work good, just not for a couple of us.

I would recomend a dyno tune from a good tuner in your area. That way all of the issues if any can be worked out at that time. (no shipping)

I also have a '95 with the DZA1 computer, and I bought an LMS chip about a month ago.

I cleaned the contacts per the instructions and installed it. The car fired right up, but I noticed no difference at all. I called Geno, and he said to clean the contacts until the copper traces underneath the solder are completely exposed, and to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes as well. Sure enough, that did the trick!

I had left the panel mounting bolts loose, so a few days later I went back to make sure everything was routed properly and snugged down. In doing so I jostled the computer a little, and it went back to acting like the chip wasn't there. I took the computer back out and noticed the contacts had tiny scratch marks in them, so I used toothpaste to polish them until they were perfectly shiny. Then I cleaned the connector 5 times with rubbing alcohol to make sure every molecule of residue was gone.

I've worked with computers and electronics for most of my life, and I've never seen any connection that's so sensitive. If you haven't cleaned that connector obsessively enough to make Howard Hughes proud, I can almost guarantee that's why your chip isn't working.

Members online

Back