In need of a band-aid

93dohcgt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Heres the story:

I'm driving down the road with my 6 year old daughter when I approach a Dunkin Donuts. I see a car in there parking lot pulling up to the street. Then this car, being driven by a lady looking to be about 90 and could barely see over the steering wheel, pulls right out into traffic. Guess what happened next, yep, she sideswipes me. So the first thing I do is to check on my daughter, Shes o.k., next I look up to see where this lady is. It looks as if she is pulling over. So I throw the car, already stopped, into park and get out with my kid. I look up and the lady is driving away. I don't even know is she realized that she hit me. Then, the cops come and blah, blah, blah. I can't beleive this bluehair just did a hit and run on me. Now I'm stuck paying a $500 deductible to get this thing fixed. Nobody that witnesed this even thought about stopping to see if anyone was hurt, or to get the liscense plate # of this wacko. Sorry, just needed to vent a little:mad:

DSC01520.JPE

DSC01522.JPE

DSC01524.JPE

DSC01525.JPE

id chase the old blue hair down
i got rearended back in high school and all 4 of the little old lady's headlights were stuck between the tailgate and the bumper, i pulled them out and threw them at her, (not hitting her just scaring her) and continued to yell at her, sorry you fuk up my sht and im a dic!

Damn dude...sorry to hear that...good thing you and your kids are alright...i tell you everytime my grandpa drives i worry the man cant see :q:q:q:q...but yet he thinks he can drive...easy enough old people can't drive...today i almost rearended a old man in a camry cuz he waited at a light to make a right hand turn...thats sad even messed the rim...we all know you would have killed the old lady anyway...so but thing would be for her 2 drive off haha...just joking...sorry to hear that man let us know how the body work goes

Wow that sucks.... no witnesses:mad: I think you will need the large size bandaid:eek: :eek:
Hope they fix it right:cool: :cool:

There were a few witnesses, just no smart ones that could get a plate #. I'll be driving around tomorrow to look for her though

Dude, when my car was outside of my school on the side-street, (because for some reason, my school sees 17 year olds not as legal drivers, even though by law of New York State we are) they still subject us to park on the street untill were seniors. So one morning, I woke up late, and got to school just on time, and I went to chemistry, and I got a call. The girl says, I think a bus just hit your car... So I run downstairs, freaking out, punching things and bang on the drivers side window of the bus, and I scream WHAT THE $%^&! I bug out, she rolls the window down about an inch and goes, I called the bus company. I called the cops, and they came, she payed for everything. $1190 later for the part, labor and paint.

Afterwards I felt bad for yelling at an old lady, so I sent her a letter through the school appologizing, and I still haven't heard anything about it.

Sucks, but main thing is you and your kid are okay. Thats what matters.

Goddamned Dunkin' Donuts! They cause nothing but traffic problems. Every morning on my way to work, I am either stuck in traffic because of people trying to get into Dunkin' Donuts (stopped on a state highway, none-the-less), or nearly hit by dumbasses trying to leave! I HATE Dunkin' Donuts and their moronic reckless-driving customers :eyeroll:

I hope you find that que-tip driver that hit your car. When you catch her bingo-loving ass, have her thrown in jail for hit-and-run :gr_devil:

As agressive as I am on the road, I don't think I would find satisfaction in the fact that someone is gonna die before me. :D

But, I would be VERY upset had I got hit and run.

Fist I'd check with the D-Donut shop and see if she is a regular. Then put get the stake out ready.

20 pound gained by waiting to see if a old lady comes back for her jelly filled with sprinkles.... It's going to be easy to see the paint transfer (CSI term) as you should have the color of her car on you car.... I'm also guessing that she doesn't live too far from the D-Donut shop... might even be a daily visitor.

That's if you have time to wast. But I'd still stop and ask the clerk if this lady is a regular. plus they should have a surveillance camera. Maybe it caught the crash or the lady at the store. You have the time line. She should be on camera.

To me it would be worth it.

My sister actually runs the donut shop, she checked all the cameras. The lady went inside so they didn't get a plate #. They could have if she went through the drive-thru. My sisters watching for her to come back, hopefully she does. There's more damage than the pics show. When she hit she pushed my passenger side into the curb. I thought I would just need a wheel and tire, but last night with my car parked at a distance at work I noticed that the passenger wheel is pushed back. Looks like I've got some suspension damage also, just not sure how much. I'll keep everyone updated on the blue-hair bandit.

update:

I went and picked up the police report today and the ladies name is on there. Someone did follow here and brought the plate # to the police station. That's a weight lifted of my shoulders. Next step is to take legal action.

Glad to hear that you and your daughter are OK, Very sorry to hear about and see your car. Some people need to know when to stop driving! They are a disaster just waiting to happen. Hope you get it fixed soon.

you know whats worse than old people driving?
now we have reached the age, where now old people are trying to use cell phones and drive its scary near me their EVERYWHERE!!!

93dohcgt said:
I went and picked up the police report today and the ladies name is on there. Someone did follow here and brought the plate # to the police station. That's a weight lifted of my shoulders. Next step is to take legal action.

Props to the citizen doing the duty! That is great news.

Reminder to all of us to do the right thing when we see somthin' like this, next time it could be one of us!

My Grandmother (drives a 90 TC) has not had insurance for 20 years, right after she failed the drivers eyesight test they yanked her insurance and her NY lisc. We took the keys away but she knows how to hot wire cars. Just kiddin.

Members online

No members online now.
Back