I'm sure I'm not alone in Canada...

Electrode

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Figured I would join this site so I could gain some knowledge from people who actually know what an LS is. I'm sick of having pointless conversations with parts stores whenever I try to order anything.
Just to give you all an idea this is how it usually goes....
Me: I'd like to order (insert part here) for my 2000 Lincoln LS V8.
Store: What size engine?
Me: 3.9L
Store: Oh, so V6 then.
Me: No, it's a V8.
Store: Oh, you must mean 4.6L.
Me: No, it's a 3.9L V8
Store: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, could you just look it up please?

I could see this happening once, twice, maybe even three times, but no joke I've had that conversation or some variation about 8 or 9 times in the year I've owned the car. Has anyone else encountered this or do I just live on an LS illiterate island? :slam

Thanks, and I kinda figured that....
The LS is a fairly rare car in these parts. I've seen maybe 10, none of which were modified at all and I have yet to see an LSE.

Here's my LS.

104_1276-3.jpg

104_1284-3.jpg

love the color, what size are those wheels? also i've never seen an ls with that grille

The wheels are 20's with 245/30 tires. You can see the grille better in this picture, I wanted something different than the traditional vertical look. (The T-Bird is dad's)

104_1835-2.jpg

Thanks. Next on the To Do list is full stereo and lip kit. I've seen a couple such as Razzi and Extreame Dimensions but they look the same to me. Anyone care to offer some wisdom? Does one fit better than the other or are they all pretty much the same?

not really a big fan of chrome but it doesn't look bad, i'd say lose the grille though and get an lse grille, RollinLS has the razzi kit i would say pm him if you have any questions about it

Thanks. Next on the To Do list is full stereo and lip kit. I've seen a couple such as Razzi and Extreame Dimensions but they look the same to me. Anyone care to offer some wisdom? Does one fit better than the other or are they all pretty much the same?

Welcome. Like the LS.:cool: Sweet looking wheels.

I have the Razzi kit. Extreme Dimensions uses my LS to sell the Duraflex/Racer kit. ED does know I have the Razzi kit. They don't care. The two kits are the same. ED copied the Razzi kit. If you are going to do one, go with the original. The Razzi kit. Hit me up if you have any questions.

im canadian! but i have a mark viii! but a lincoln is a lincoln right? where abouts are you in canada? im in edmonton

jesus your a newfy! haha well welcome to the site!

Been out of touch with the internet world for a bit now but back again...

To FastMark- Yes, a Newfie. I'm sure your quite familiar with Newfies seems how Alberta is over ran with them. lol

To Rollin- The Razzi kit looks like a perfect fit on yor LS but was it much hassle to install? I've seen a few body kits being installed and some of them just don't fit well at all and require lots of work to make look right. I know the lip kit is much different but i still have some concerns. I'd like to be able to install the kit but hold out on painting the car for another year, is this possible?

Members online

No members online now.
Back