ILLS disappeared?

If you have to ask if any LS's have "dive by wire" proves the point about your lack of knowledge of an Lincoln LS.

d*ckhead you cant even SPELL.. and you want to pick my posts apart.

NO LS EVER came with "DIVE BY WIRE" we're talking cars, not submarines..nutsack

yea I'm sure Pektel wishes I never would have come into your beloved LS forum.

you sir are clueless, while you pick my posts apart....
I can assure you I am 1000% more familiar with the SCT stuff than you are.

And just because I "asked" about ETC doesnt mean I dont know what I'm talking about.

AND I didn't see you and your infinite wisdom offering any help to these people with their issues.

you just want to stand on my nutsack... for whatever reason.

Tell you what..

I "solved" pektel's problem
YOU solve Palguy's Problem...M'kay?

or.. are "YOU" in the wrong post because you cant do "DYCK" to help other than to ATTEMPT to pick my posts apart.

Your help was much appreciated, Tommy. Definitely wouldn't have tracked down the issue without your help.

It's difficult to find performance-oriented people in the LS side of the forum. Especially since ILLS and SPSully aren't visiting the board anymore. What we are overstocked with is guys talking rims and subs. Or potential future performance mods that never come to fruition.

That being said, just because XLRVIII doesn't own an LS, does not mean he doesn't know his isht about tuning vehicles in general. The concepts should be similar, along with possible issues/solutions. Be thankful that someone is willing to share his knowledge so those of us that don't understand what goes into a tune (both stock and custom) can get a better idea of what's happening to our cars.

Especially since ILLS and SPSully aren't visiting the board anymore..

no offense in general but "ya cant really blame em".
you can only throw a life preserver to a drowning man so many times.
you cant jump in and save them yourself because they will drown your AZZ.

I saw a few folks floundering, and tried to toss them a life ring.
yea... I probably threw the ring kinda hard and might have even hit one on the head.
But.. atleast "YOU" didn't drown.

That being said, just because XLRVIII doesn't own an LS, does not mean he doesn't know his isht about tuning vehicles in general. The concepts should be similar, along with possible issues/solutions.

^this is sage advice, general tuning concepts are the same.
Many people think tuning is 100% car specific, when it really isn't.
some stuff IS, but 99.99% of it applies across the board.

the principles of an EFI controlled Internal Combustion engine dont change just because they are rolling down the road in a Mark 8, LS, or toyota Camry.

By no means do I "know it all" but I have learned much of the basics and I understand that I have ALOT to learn.

Last edited:
I know where Ill's moved to!

If yall havent found out yet Ills has relocated to gulfport Mississippi. I havent been on the forums in a while so i didnt know that you guys were un aware of his location. The last time I talked to him he was seting up his shop their. I found out because he had sent me a tune prior to moving and he was impressed that I gained 4mph and a seccond off of my 1/4 mile time way down here in the south. I was working on having him meet me at gulfport drag strip several months ago with one of my employees who also drives an ls so he could check some stuff out on our cars. I was unable to meet him due to work stuff and that was the last time we spoke. I do know that he was going to be living down here for atleast a few years.
I hope i was able to shed some light on Ill's MIA.

Thanks
Michael

sounds like outside conditions were more of a factor than anything- unless you ran them at the same time and let it cool down in between. traction is the most unpredictable thing at the track though.

no offense in general but "ya cant really blame em".
you can only throw a life preserver to a drowning man so many times.
you cant jump in and save them yourself because they will drown your AZZ.

I saw a few folks floundering, and tried to toss them a life ring.
yea... I probably threw the ring kinda hard and might have even hit one on the head.
But.. atleast "YOU" didn't drown.

I talk to Sully on the phone, but he doesn't come around here any more. He has been super helpful in getting my LS on the right path to where I want it to be performance wise.

I agree that you do try to help. Just most don't want to take the advice, or are too thin skinned and get offended by some very blunt responses. There's only so much you can do without sugar coating it and spoonfeeding us newbs haha.

Nobody EVER believes it's an issue with the car.
But the exact scenario you describe doesn't mean "the car is fine".

It means the far is "fine on the stock tune"...that doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the car....

TRUST ME, this is FACT.

You're crazy, I totally would chalk this up to the car itself. Did you not see my line about how many times I've gone to get it checked for things? That wasn't even counting all the times things have actually been fixed... I've only owned an LS for a short while but my laundry list of things that are broken, will break, and are about to break is huge..... So yeah, if it acted up at all with the tune off I'd definitely be wary.

If you understood what happens inside a performance tune, it'd make more sense.. but cars will often run fine on a stock tune and have issues with a performance tune.
The OEM tune has alot of extra stuff in there, that is removed in the performance tune... that extra stuff that is removed will created problems IF the car's MAF or Fuel System aren't operating at 100%

The OEM tune will allow a car with a weak fuel system to operate "OK".

it IS just the way it IS.

NOW I see why ILLS may have disappeared.
"every little thing" that happens is a "problem with his tune".
I've seen this many times.. in many different kinds of cars.

my 95 mark 8 did the same thing..
Ran fine on a stock tune, but pinged with a performance tune.

I was very reluctant to change my fuel pump....but the tuner insisted.

FINALLY I followed what those that knew more than I suggested..and WALA.
The car ran great.

Just because you "dont think" there is a problem doesnt mean there ISN'T a problem

What the hell are you talking about? What makes you think I don't understand what a tune does? Why are you even saying half the crap you are, like why ILLS disappeared? You are making no sense. I didn't come here to fight but you sure unloaded on me there.

If something is wrong with my fuel system, what does knowing about it now help me if nothing is acting up? It's not going to get fixed under warranty unless something is obviously wrong, a code is thrown, a part is knocking, the car won't start, etc. Knowing your coils are going bad sure doesn't help get them fixed under warranty any faster unless they fail the stress tests or throw a code.

If you really wanna find out so badly you could always fork the $150 over to Torrie for me so we can check it out. :p Pretty please?

What the hell are you talking about? What makes you think I don't understand what a tune does? Why are you even saying half the crap you are, like why ILLS disappeared? ?

well obviously you have no clue about it, otherwise you wouldn't be blaming the tune file...

and you didn't understand a damned thing I said about the differences, and possible issues that can and do occur when changing from a stock POS calibration and a performance calibration.

You can get pissed at ME, if you like, you can blame ILLS if you like.

in the end, it IS gonna be the "variance" between "commanded and deliverd AF"..which IS a problem WITH your car... period.

If you really wanna find out so badly you could always fork the $150 over to Torrie for me so we can check it out. :p Pretty please?

your stuck SO FAR in "DENIAL" that you are hopeless

i couldn't give a rats AZZ if your problem gets solved.
pektel was willing to LISTEN and ACT...and LOW and behold his problem got solved!!!!

you just want to be spoonfed a solution, which isn't gonna happen on a message board.since you refuse to listen to those that know more about it than you do.

you insist that your "underwarranty" car simply couldn't have an issue, since it's been "checked" for problems so many times.

When you get ready to LISTEN and ACT, let us know.
Until then you just need to keep the stock tune on the car so you dont break it.

If you really wanna find out so badly you could always fork the $150 over to Torrie for me so we can check it out. :p Pretty please??

The sad thing is it's not worth 150.00 to YOU to find out.

That 150 dollar is chump change compared to the investment you made/make with your vehicle.

if it were me, and I couldn't solve this on my own, I'd throw 150.00 at it in a hearbeat....

very very sad indeed.

The sad thing is it's not worth 150.00 to YOU to find out.

That 150 dollar is chump change compared to the investment you made/make with your vehicle.

if it were me, and I couldn't solve this on my own, I'd throw 150.00 at it in a hearbeat....

very very sad indeed.

You got messed up priorities or are too flush with cash to not worry about throwing money at problems. I'll stick to diagnosing and finding the issue correctly before I throw money at it.

All hail you and your throw money at it till it's fixed mentality. Do you perhaps work for the government?

alot of loose vaginas in here.
custom tunes are the best way to go. customer service generally is crappy in this industry so get used to it. cars are never the same and wierd stuff happens all the time and tuners and builders know this more than the average joe, and they get tired of trying to constantly explain these things. consumers dont understand that every single car is different, even with "bolt ons" they dont always bolt on the same or work the same for some reason. especially on cheap american cars like ours. thats why its usually best to do what YOU can and try to learn on your own even if it ends up being costly when you make mistakes, at least you learned something and can say you know. sucks to hear but i learned this long ago. minimize how much you "need" others for and in the long run youll save money and know more.

Yeah, by that philosophy, I better brush up on doing my own medical checkups and surgery procedures.

I get what you're saying though. I've always tried to learn as much as I can. My problem initially was I did not have a starting point. I didn't know what to do to begin diagnosing my problem. Tommy gave me the starting point of where to start my search for a solution.

Yeah, by that philosophy, I better brush up on doing my own medical checkups and surgery procedures.
QUOTE]
trust me. being a bmx rider that has had and or seen all sorts of gnarly injuries, weve learned alot of "special" procedures to avoid all nighters at the stinkin hospitals and $1000 ambulance rides. id love to find a forum for medical procedures so i can get some diys and never waste my time or money again. lol. you can do alot with duct tape and superglue.

but its true when your a customer in the performance industry "feeling" like someone isnt there when you need their help sucks real bad. especially if their cool before they got your $. thats why years ago i had to start doing things myself because i just didnt trust anyone anymore. not to say they were all bad, some are just busy. ills has been real cool sending me free tunes for my car to test. other shops had burned me pretty good in the past.
but if you think about it, if someone else can do this stuff.... so can you

no matter who does the work stuff still fails, doesnt work properly, breaks and has to be redone. its a neverending learning curve for everybody so why not just put it on yourself, or pay an arm and a leg for someonelses learning curve anyway.

Members online

Back