ILLS disappeared?

Through some talks with XLRVIII. He had the same issue on a different car. The only change I was able to make was the AF WOT ratio. I added in 10%.

You probably won't be able to add in any fuel anywhere else, as that's not safe to leave in the hands of us non-tuners.

Honestly Pete, I just guessed... your the one that took action and fixed it.

what do I know, I'm just an idiot with no cold air intake
LMAO

Can you adjust my tune with no sale too? :p

I cant adjust nor sell you anything.

from what you said, your device doesn't have "User adjustable Options" enabled.

I only suggested something for him to change

you might need to change your tuner if you cant get the support you seek.

^no disrespect to the tuner in question.

I dont know the whole story, hell I dont know ANY of the story other than pektel's car was pinging.

I like ILLS, and hope everything is ok with him.

The tune ILLS gave me won't let me add more fuel. Weak!

Are you absolutely certian of this?

I'm not that familiar with the X3's, so I cant spoonfeed you how to make it happen.

You've explored all the options available before and just prior to tuning the car?

On the X-2's the user adjustable options doesnt appear until after you've selected the tune file you want to flash to the car.

At first glance one MIGHT cancel out of that screen to continue, but as I said I'm not that familiar with the X3's

Are you absolutely certian of this?

I'm not that familiar with the X3's, so I cant spoonfeed you how to make it happen.

You've explored all the options available before and just prior to tuning the car?

On the X-2's the user adjustable options doesnt appear until after you've selected the tune file you want to flash to the car.

At first glance one MIGHT cancel out of that screen to continue, but as I said I'm not that familiar with the X3's

Yeah, positive. When we were having these problems initially, I went through all my settings looking for something I could adjust. The only WOT settings I can tweak is the shift presence. If Rob never gets back to me I definitely have to have someone else modify my junk.

From what I understand, the tuner has to enable these options for me to edit. Thanks for tryin to help!

well there could be other differences.

Like year model.

If petes car is older than yours, and maybe yours is ETC {hell I dunno)
I know there are various hoops you can and cant jump thru depending on model your.

You should be able to dump someone elses file onto that device, without affecting the tune from ILLS.

I know it's not a "free internet solution" but would show some "due diligence" on the end users part.

If you look around you can find em for around a hunner'd bucks.
If it were me it's worth a 100.00 to not have that issue, or to help determine IF there's an issue with the car itself (cringes at that last statement)
haha

well there could be other differences.

Like year model.

If petes car is older than yours, and maybe yours is ETC {hell I dunno)
I know there are various hoops you can and cant jump thru depending on model your.

You should be able to dump someone elses file onto that device, without affecting the tune from ILLS.

I know it's not a "free internet solution" but would show some "due diligence" on the end users part.

If it were me it's worth a 100.00 to not have that issue, or to help determine IF there's an issue with the car itself (cringes at that last statement)
haha

There is room for 3 tunes plus stock, at least on the SCT 2 regardless of who did the tune.

Chances of tunes for another Lincoln LS working your LS would be rare, they are tied to your VIN #.

haha

Yeah, it's not too bad but I had just bought a tune for the LS I wrecked from Rob, and a tune for this LS from Rob in the past year and a half, and now that it's almost Sept. I don't really want to have to fork out another hundred for something I can only use for a couple more months this year.

I don't believe the car has any issues, I tried it a number of times with tune and without, and I haven't been running the tune for two months now but I have been hot rodding the car and I haven't heard that sound a single time. It's still under warranty for a couple years, believe me when I tell you if I thought there was something wrong with it I would've taken it in. I'm so anal when things go wrong on cars and I notice all the sounds they make, if I think something is up I look into it, know what I'm sayin? I've taken both my LS' to the shop at least a half dozen times now saying something is wrong only to be told everything is fine. So far they were only wrong twice! :p

There is room for 3 tunes plus stock, at lease on the SCT 2 regardless of who did the tune.

Chances of tunes for another Lincoln LS working your LS would be rare, they are tied to your VIN #.

I believe the tunes themselves are not vin locked, only the tuning device. As long as the LS's have the same strategy code, I *THINK* they can work.

I believe the tunes themselves are not vin locked, only the tuning device. As long as the LS's have the same strategy code, I *THINK* they can work.

I think you’re correct and miss-spoken about the tunes being the VIN# locked and not the device, it is the device that is VIN # locked.

The chances of finding two LS with same strategy code and sharing a custom tune maybe slim.

I don't believe the car has any issues, I tried it a number of times with tune and without, and I haven't been running the tune for two months now but I have been hot rodding the car and I haven't heard that sound a single time.

Nobody EVER believes it's an issue with the car.
But the exact scenario you describe doesn't mean "the car is fine".

It means the far is "fine on the stock tune"...that doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the car....

TRUST ME, this is FACT.

Yeah, it's not too bad but I had just bought a tune for the LS I wrecked from Rob, and a tune for this LS from Rob in the past year and a half, and now that it's almost Sept. I don't really want to have to fork out another hundred for something I can only use for a couple more months this year.

I don't believe the car has any issues, I tried it a number of times with tune and without, and I haven't been running the tune for two months now but I have been hot rodding the car and I haven't heard that sound a single time. It's still under warranty for a couple years, believe me when I tell you if I thought there was something wrong with it I would've taken it in. I'm so anal when things go wrong on cars and I notice all the sounds they make, if I think something is up I look into it, know what I'm sayin? I've taken both my LS' to the shop at least a half dozen times now saying something is wrong only to be told everything is fine. So far they were only wrong twice! :p

If you understood what happens inside a performance tune, it'd make more sense.. but cars will often run fine on a stock tune and have issues with a performance tune.
The OEM tune has alot of extra stuff in there, that is removed in the performance tune... that extra stuff that is removed will created problems IF the car's MAF or Fuel System aren't operating at 100%

The OEM tune will allow a car with a weak fuel system to operate "OK".

it IS just the way it IS.

NOW I see why ILLS may have disappeared.
"every little thing" that happens is a "problem with his tune".
I've seen this many times.. in many different kinds of cars.

my 95 mark 8 did the same thing..
Ran fine on a stock tune, but pinged with a performance tune.

I was very reluctant to change my fuel pump....but the tuner insisted.

FINALLY I followed what those that knew more than I suggested..and WALA.
The car ran great.

Just because you "dont think" there is a problem doesnt mean there ISN'T a problem

There is room for 3 tunes plus stock, at least on the SCT 2 regardless of who did the tune.

yea all this is wrong..

well for 96-04 cars it's true
The 05 and up automatic cars have a much larger tune file and ONLY 2 will fit on an Xcal 2..
Which is why the X-3's were invented.

no VIN locked tunes either, it's the device that is "married to the cars PCM" but it's NOT married by the "VIN" either, that's an SCT "farce".
it doesnt actually marry itself to the VIN.

yea all this is wrong..

well for 96-04 cars it's true
The 05 and up automatic cars have a much larger tune file and ONLY 2 will fit on an Xcal 2..
Which is why the X-3's were invented.

"yea all this is wrong.."

Same transmission, same programing in the 2nd gen Lincoln LS, 03-06, no larger tune needed for 05 and up. We are talking Lincoln LS here.

The chances of finding two LS with same strategy code and sharing a custom tune maybe slim.

not really,.. and alot of strategies are compatible as well.
Just because the strategy is different doenst mean it wont workl
I'm not saying "all strategies are the same"..

SO while there is some merit to what you said, it's not 100% true and correct.

"yea all this is wrong.."

Same transmission, same programing in the 2nd gen Lincoln LS, 03-06, no larger tune needed for 05 and up. We are talking Lincoln LS here.

Just because the share the same trans does not mean you are correct.

93 mark 8's and 98 mark 8's use the same trans, their tune file sizes are GREATLY different.

05 and up have larger tune files, regardless of trans... or whatever.

Question..tho... Are ANY of the LS's "drive by wire" with Electronic Throttle control?

If so, that will probably be the "line" where the larger tune files come into play.

this is true, and even some with different strategies will work as well.

that is what happens when Ford updates your PCM, they are just putting a different/newer/updated strategy on it... no big deal.

Just because the share the same trans does not mean you are correct.

93 mark 8's and 98 mark 8's use the same trans, their tune file sizes are GREATLY different.

05 and up have larger tune files, regardless of trans... or whatever.

Question..tho... Are ANY of the LS's "drive by wire" with Electronic Throttle control?

If so, that will probably be the "line" where the larger tune files come into play.

You keep talking about Mark 8....your on the wrong form....we are talking about Lincoln LS.

If you have to ask if any LS's have "dive by wire" proves the point about your lack of knowledge of an Lincoln LS.

You keep talking about Mark 8....your on the wrong form....we are talking about Lincoln LS.

If you have to ask if any LS's have "dive by wire" proves the point about your lack of knowledge of an Lincoln LS.

yea I'm sure Pektel wishes I never would have come into your beloved LS forum.

you sir are clueless, while you pick my posts apart....
I can assure you I am 1000% more familiar with the SCT stuff than you are.

And just because I "asked" about ETC doesnt mean I dont know what I'm talking about.

AND I didn't see you and your infinite wisdom offering any help to these people with their issues.

you just want to stand on my nutsack... for whatever reason.

Tell you what..

I "solved" pektel's problem
YOU solve Palguy's Problem...M'kay?

or.. are "YOU" in the wrong post because you cant do "DYCK" to help other than to ATTEMPT to pick my posts apart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back