IAC Valve

I'm on my first from rock auto, still throwing a code. I pulled vacuum holding steady between 20 and 22 so I think the IAC from rock auto is bad.

had a motorcraft in my gen 1 for a 5 or so months now. works perfect.
paid around 60 dollars with free shipping off amazon.

I'm on my first from rock auto, still throwing a code.

What code? Mine is throwing an Idle Air Control Overspeed error. Haven't figured out why unless I need an actual Cobra IAC for the Cobra intake. Car runs fine. It's beyond me. I haven't gotten around to exploring that any further. Mine is an aftermarket IAC and damn close to new.

Got mine from Rock Auto. Was Kemp brand I think, got it at wholesaler closeout price. None the less, it's a pos. :D

What code? Mine is throwing an Idle Air Control Overspeed error. Haven't figured out why unless I need an actual Cobra IAC for the Cobra intake. Car runs fine. It's beyond me. I haven't gotten around to exploring that any further. Mine is an aftermarket IAC and damn close to new.

You need the Cobra IAC. Gen 2 IAC is not the same.

You need the Cobra IAC. Gen 2 IAC is not the same.

I told him that months ago, he's stubborn. :p

For some reason when I ran the gen 2 IAC on the cobra intake the throttle response was extremely sensitive, dangerously so...

Did the IAC fail or just get dirty I have cleaned quit a few with good results.
going on 5 years sense I cleans the one in my 97.

I'm running a STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # AC158T.

I'm still getting a code P1506. The car runs fine its just the idle is slightly rough. The new IAC made no difference

I uses throttle body cleaner
on my 95 I just kept spraying the bottle into the hole in the throttle body (while running)
till the can was gone it currently has no idle issue any more.
My 97 I took off and cleaned it properly.

I'm using a standard brand IAC on my "gen1" style mark vIII setup on my tbird with no issues.

I'm trying to figure out why are you steering away from OEM?

ORIGINAL ENGINE MANAGEMENT Part # IAC15 {#F67E9F715BA, F67Z9F715BA, F67Z9F715BB} (Only 2 Remaining) $34.89

getimage.php

I'm trying to figure out why are you steering away from OEM?

ORIGINAL ENGINE MANAGEMENT Part # IAC15 {#F67E9F715BA, F67Z9F715BA, F67Z9F715BB} (Only 2 Remaining) $34.89

getimage.php

That's not OEM as in Original Equipment Manufacture (FORD) that's OEM the brand (Original Engine Management) they make sub par knock off parts. They are closely related if not the same company as O.E. which makes horrible eBay suspension components.

Members online

No members online now.
Back