I went to the drag strip, tons of pics

I have extensively tetsted and proved this one Guys.
I push the Mark up to the burnout box and do my burnout when your NORMAL is on the L and then by the time you dry hop and stage your usually on the A which is just fine and then clicked of 14.60's all night at 97-98 mph.
In the heat of the summer you will be down a half second on some cases.

CobraConti said:
I had always thought that if the t-stat was too low, like 160, then the car would never be able to reach normal operating temperatures and thus not produce as much power. I am aware that too hot hurts performance...but so does not warm enough.

Again a 160 doesnt mean your running at your running the car at 160 degrees.

Im saying my car ran its best (for that day) at union grove when it was hot of the highway, and its the best it did all day

I mounted a over-ride swich for the electric fan to maintain more consistently cooler temps at the track. I researched this long before changing the T-stat. Here is what I found...

- Factory fan is setup to come on at 215 degrees and turn off at 205 degrees with the OEM T-stat.
- The LMS IceBox will decrease intake air temperature by 15 degrees.
- On the Normal temp guage...
N-???
O-???
R-215
M-205
A-180
L-160
- With ambient outside air of 95 degrees, the cooling fan running on high can cool the car from 220 degrees to 200 degrees in 10 minutes at idle.
- Allowing the car to reach 'normal' temps at the track will add 0.4 seconds minimum to your ETs.
- The cooling fan pulls 20 amps at high speed.
-With a OEM 195 degree T-stat, operating temperatures ran 205-220 normally on my 93.
-With the 160 T-stat, normal operating temperatures are 180-195 degrees.

Black87LSC said:
He was an inexperienced driver.... Look at the reaction time. And you can see he was pulling harder the whole race.

Hate to break the news to you buddy, but thats how almost every single race is won from being a better driver. sure the GTO car is faster but only jackasses buy them. they look like garbage, I would much rather have a T/A then this grand am. Im win alot of races in my Lincoln but thats only because I get killer R/Ts. So when you guys raise the BS flag here stop and think that there are complete dumbSHlTS out there that buy a car cause there girlfriends think there cool or "thats hot" and that they saw a ad saying the run (any number) in the 1/4, but they forget to tell you thats under the very best conditions and a badass driver

MarkOfDeath said:
Hate to break the news to you buddy, but thats how almost every single race is won from being a better driver. sure the GTO car is faster but only jackasses buy them. they look like garbage, I would much rather have a T/A then this grand am. Im win alot of races in my Lincoln but thats only because I get killer R/Ts.

No news to me.... Take a chill. :N Everyone's got there own opinion, but nobody should be bashing a "GRAND AM" that could kick their a$$.... MOVING ON.. :sleep:

so much gto hate, i like the GTO, and congratulations to GM for releasing a new RWD platform.

I wish Steve Strapp was here to put his $.02 in. :Beer

LOL. I'm not going to put down the GTO, although the Holden body is HORRIBLE like we all know, simply because it CAN be a quick car with a decent driver. I read in Motor Trend that they are designing a new body style for the '07 GTO. Prolly won't take affect until '08. Looked strange and pricey, meh.

There is nothing wrong with pro-m mafs on marks, or any other mod motor for that matter. There are many horror stories about c&l mafs though. 14.3 is a one time thing Ken did, and was never able to duplicate, it's not like that car runs 14.3s all day, again Geno, let's keep it real.

StraDog said:
I wish Steve Strapp was here to put his $.02 in.
Ya, Steves been all over the map. Nice Mark, then the TA and now the goat. I'm not hating it from a mechanical standpoint, I am hating it from a marketing standpoint. Just because the marketing guys can't come up with a new, fresh name that will resonate with customers doesn't mean they have to go and ruin a great name by dropping it on a cook-cutter body style.

Heck, everything that everybody is making, GM, FORD, HONDA, TOYOTA, even KIA all look the same. GM is the worst and the Pontiac division is THE lamest. Hence the hate.

I remember walking on a Pontiac lot not more than a year ago and I would challenge anybody to look at their offerings from any angle and immediately tell me what car it was. I had to look again and again just to differentiate models. That's not right.

And I guess the horrible sales (all incentive driven) and proposed redesign speak for themselves. All sizzle, no steak.

MarkOfDeath said:
:facesjump

Cant quite figure out what is so funny.. I have gone these times with just exhaust. That was the first mod I did and went 14.40 from a previous 14.60, Ken Kropac went into the 30's with just a cat back as well as 95LSC32V here on the board went 2.26/14.38/97.6 best mph I have got was 98.6 just because you or some other people didn't run these times with similar or more mods doesnt mean these times arent attainable. I know of many, many others who have done this as well.

ModPWR said:
14.3 is a one time thing Ken did, and was never able to duplicate, it's not like that car runs 14.3s all day, again Geno, let's keep it real.

Really have you talked to him about this? You know this to be fact? Also too many cars have duplicated runs like his across the country with only the same mods, Just KEEPING IT REAL!

Geno, Eli had alot of stuff on his mark and I think he was running 13.6 or.7 with LTs Converter and gears, plus other bolt ons. according to your claim 10 HP from exhaust moves you from 14.6(rare)or15.2(normal) down to a 14.3/ gears moved me from 15.1 to 14.4 thats a big Dif. now if all lincoln besides gen 2 could pull 14.6 stock, under the right condition I could run 13.7 with my setup now.

So you dont believe claims of 14.60-80's stock? Ill scan ya my time slips, Im sure Ken Kropac has his as well as KAB here on the board and 95LSC32V.

Yeah were all liars.

MarkOfDeath said:
Geno, Eli had alot of stuff on his mark and I think he was running 13.6 or.7 with LTs Converter and gears, plus other bolt ons. according to your claim 10 HP from exhaust moves you from 14.6(rare)or15.2(normal) down to a 14.3/ gears moved me from 15.1 to 14.4 thats a big Dif. now if all lincoln besides gen 2 could pull 14.6 stock, under the right condition I could run 13.7 with my setup now.

Atco's conditions are awesome too, thts one serious advantage we have here. Were ta dead sea level, the ait is "usually" good too. What were Eli's conditions? What were yours too?

Pro-M is crap, C&L rules, all marks run 14.6 stock.

I'm done here.

i don't have a scanner but i have a bunch of time slips from 14.6-14.8 at 96-97 mph 2.2 60' with a 2.18 best ,completely stock
i installed 2.5'' x-pipe between the front cats and the original mufflers , it still et's the same but now it runs 98 mph
i'm pretty sure drag radials or a posi , would put it in the 14.40's or 14.50's maybe even hit 99
like Geno said atco is at sea level and the weather has been perfect here lately , even at cecil my car was a bit slower , i think their elevation is 800' or something like that

Members online

Back