I went to the drag strip, tons of pics

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I went tot he strip today and was able to pull off a 14.4 @ 97mph which is good because I only have 4.10s and minor exhaust.
These is with crappy 225/60/60 tires that cost 60 a peice.

firstlaunch.jpg

hook.jpg

gtosmoked.jpg

lighttis.jpg

lighttis2.jpg

lighttis3.jpg

lighttis4.jpg

wrxgay.jpg

wrxgay2.jpg

sweet.jpg

Nice, driller and myself (without my car) went to the dragstrip today too. He set off a 14.331 before I had to bounce........ :Beer

Damn, very nice pics there ! Awesome job.

I guess, those 4.10's do help off the line. Maybe I'll have to get some. :Beer

Bump up that fuel pressure, get a chip, some good drag radials and try for a peek into the 13's ! :) Get the NOS and run some low 13's ! Haha. I can't wait to hit up the track with you next time.

Also, did you manually shift or go in D ?

Driller nice job on the 14.3 !

Thats cool Brad Congradulations :Beer so how big was the shot you ended up using? :nos:

Looks like Driller and you would be running neck and neck.

MarkOfDeath said:
the camaro redlighted i will post slips later

all you have is 4.10's and exhaust and got a 14.4? thats pretty good.. I can't wait to see what I get if I ever get down to the track.

What were the conditions like as far as altitude, heat and humidity. Ken Kropac here on the board (14point6@97mph) went a 14.30 with only our cat back.

Last edited:
I really dont have exhaust, I only have 2 1/4 inch pipe which came factory
its 687 above sea level and it was 70 to 80 degrees i dont know humidity. I also got a question, when I hit 100 at the track it feels like I hit a limiter, I changed out my speedo gears. It just loses power. now I still do have the NOS kit hooked up just missing a selnoid that got fryed(defective) could it be because I still have it hooked up and the tee fitting that goes to the FPR has a jet in it. im hoping for 13s with a chip and MAF

R/t .107
60' 2.265
330 6.200
1/8 9.383
Mph 77.55
1000 12.129
1/4 14.450
Mph 97.44

R/t .236
60' 2.208
330 6.213
1/8 9.439
Mph 76.36
1000 12.220
1/4 14.565
Mph 96.40

after messing up the GTO im ready to beat up the CTSV show them that Lincoln is still and is always Number 1. Next ime I will give better notice so you can witness this, I got a billion on complaments. First the guy in the GTO said he feels stupid(which he should) that a 10 year old lincoln that weighs a ton beat him. While this guy is coming up to me saying he has one at home and I made his day to see a Hotrod lincoln blow everyone away on the line and to here it rip down the track. Some guy also brought his dads corvette and wish he brought his mark VIII, oh and this guy wanted to buy my car, he kept asking how it did in the snow. Im like great ( I love drifting ). Oh and at the timeslip booth the guy told me he had a message for me from the tower, They said "your going to need a helmet if that hotrod lincoln does better."

:bow:

Love the F150!

I love the pics of you toasting the Ford Lightning! I’m sending them to my girl friend. She’s an F150 fanatic and is especially wild about the Lightning. Its kinda funny – she loves pick up trucks and I drive around in Lincolns – go figure!

NICE! I am sooooo glad you kicked that GTO! I can not tell you how much i hate them! WAY TO GO! LVC REPRESENT!

Oh thats sweet man.What was going on Saturday at the track?Is there a test and tune this Tuesday?if so i am there :Beer

Dern Humpus said:
I have a feeling the GTO made a comeback.
The "GOAT" was just that, a goat. Baaaaaaaaa. Or is that Neiiiiiiiiiiiigh. How does a goat sound?

That car, I am sorry, is the biggest joke to ever wear a really cool nametag. That's like having your nickname be JohnnyLong and then you pull out your 4 incher.:F

I dont know why everybody bashes the GTO.... You really have to drive one. The style isn't "RETRO" like everybody wants and i think thats why it gets a bad rap. Personally, i'm glad they didnt produce a "retro" GTO, because the look wears off really fast. The T-Bird and the PT Cruiser are prime examples.. Factory rated 1/4 mile times for the GTO are under 14 sec. I know a guy that ran a 13.1 1/4 BONE STOCK with a 6-speed. All he did was change the tire pressure... These cars are very underrated and overlooked.

The 05's are truely badass. The one in the picture is an 04, but with equal drivers it would run circles around even a modded mark.

I still dont like them. Its a grand prix with a v8.

Members online

No members online now.
Back