I want to buy a mark 8

I have no idea on all the bushing prices. Been a while since I done most of mine. You could probably check eBay for a good seller that carries Energy Suspension bushings and get a decent deal. For obsolete bushings, a guy named Jay made them and sold them on here. I believe his username was something like Jay98LSC or something like that.

Thanks I'll give it a shot, out of curiosity does motorcraft not make them anymore I've got 0 experience with suspension stuff and Google isn't showing anything.

I saw this on auto trader the shifter and it blew my mind I had no idea the shifter indicator lit up
Screenshot_20200216-135733_Autotrader.jpg

Thanks I'll give it a shot, out of curiosity does motorcraft not make them anymore I've got 0 experience with suspension stuff and Google isn't showing anything.

As far as I know, most all of them will be aftermarket, especially when searching for Mark VIII bushings. If I'm not mistaking, I believe some Thunderbird bushings will work and would likely be easier to get from Motorcraft. It's also been 8 years since I have seen this talked about on here, so, they might not be making them anymore.

Oh snap I didn't know they lit up ours has never worked lol I'll pull the trim and look when I put a better aftermarket stereo in

If in fact you have old air bags, I would suggest you put new ones in. The symptom you are describing is exactly what happens when the bag gets dry rot cracks along the out side of the bag where the bag bows outward the most. when you pump it up higher, the bow in the bulging bag straightens out just enough to do a self seal on its outer dry rot cracks. This has been discussed and pictured on another MK8 forum. But you are correct that ground problems also must all ways be considered. I wasn't joking about spending many, many hours reading about the air bag system. It is a fine system of checks and balances. I'm just too old now to deal with ageing, mine included.
Thanks, i did spray soapy water looking for leaks on the bag. it was the first thing i looked for, as everyone here except one said it was the air bag. i sprayed the water a few times, but never saw any leaks. This and the fact that it didn't leak consistently, made me think its the o rings or solenoid. Now with the constant raise issue, it wasn't lowering over night in the cold the way it was earlier this year with the switch off at night.
As far as age goes, you are only as old as you believe you are!

I am interested in selling my 1995 Mark VIII, if the price is right. I have owned it for 22 years, garage kept, all original. Riding on air, original paint, runs like a scared squirrel. Only the automatic headlights do not function, have to turn them on manually. Any advice on how to repair them? Thank y'all. 101,000 original miles!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back