I SUCK!, but got progressively better at it!

MsM8tress

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
1st run...I don't know wher I was, 2nd realized I was at the track, 3rd, started to drive like I was at the track, 4 (the one that really mattered, the elemination rounds!) I got lost on the left side (never ran there!, and it was totally different looking to the right then to the left...for now! I will work on it....notice how consistant my Mark was (which sucked and again my fault!)

I had a blast!!!!!!! Going back friday! FUN FUN FUN!!! I am so hyped I wont be able to sleep!

SMOOCHES MsM8

S4200465.JPG

S4200466.JPG

...suggestion....hit gas next time....its the one right next to brake.

pepperman said:
Andy, i believe Debi knows how to hit the gas. :D

you sure? cuz i swear them slips show shes floorin the brake.

Debi, how many runs have you done total? (life time is what i mean)

MrWilson said:
...suggestion....hit gas next time....its the one right next to brake.

hummmm, .248 is not too shabby Hottie! and -.040 was just wrong! Give me time, give me time, I'll be able to cum as fast as you Mr Wilson...any advice or does it just come natural hun ?

SMOOCHES,
MsM8

MsM8tress said:
hummmm, .248 is not too shabby Hottie! and -.040 was just wrong! Give me time, give me time, I'll be able to cum as fast as you Mr Wilson...any advice or does it just come natural hun ?

SMOOCHES,
MsM8
:lol: :lol:......... good job at the track Deb!! you will get the hang of it with some more track time....:cool:

MsM8tress said:
Those 4 and I had a blast! too much fun!!!!

MsM8

Well then I think you did great! Once you hit the track a couple of times and feel more confident on both sides you get what I call a track attitude and you'll be a pro :burnout:

JC1994 said:
I can just barely read them but that's to be expected with almost 42 year old eye's....:D

Ok, see, I had a hard time too - I feel better now.

Im getting itchy to take mine to the track :) Keep at it debi!

I will take you to Cecil when you are here and see if we can get some better times out of it.

Hi BigDaddy ;) JC ;) Thank You Hotties ;) I will post all the gory numbers tomorrow if you want me to. I'm gonna fall out now...I just keep thinkin... Im not going to mash it next time.....just felt like the shiftkit was not there at all....but when I got on the freeway, (stopped at top of on ramp of course), and rode the road....it kicked in and just blasted me....more practice....MORE FUN! hehehe

SMOOCHES!!!
MsM8

Debi You Don't suck at it........... Practice makes perfect. I have never gone down a track yet. But have had a few street races years ago in my 69 427 Vette about 425 HP Witha 4:46 rear end gear.......:D :D

Debi, like Serg, said you don't suck at it. This being your first time at the track you did good i am proud of you ;) and like the others have said more track time is what you need and you will be good at it. :)

MsM8tress said:
1 - 17.201
2 - 16.307
3 - 16.22
4 - 16.274

I tried to make the slips a bit more legiable, I make em big, they post small?:

honestly, i dont think that you could be consistantly doing something so wrong that your runnin those times. Unless your spinning the whole track, which i doubt. IMO its your car.
The first time i ever ran was a 15.6 and the car was running mildly ok, some time later, when the car was runnin like crap, i was more experienced, and i ran a 15.7 as my worst time ever.

Ill give you all my tips i use. From start to finish. #1 take out any and all junk in your car (spare included)#2 when you get to the track, let it sit for a long time (1-1/2, 2 hrs) so shes nice and cold. #3 If you have someone that can watch your stuff bring a cooler full of ice bags, a thin towel, a jack, and a small board. Put a bag of ice in the towel, and put it on the intake manifold. take the board put it on the jack, put another bag of ice on the board, and jack it up nice and tight on the transmission pan. It does help to slightly cool the trans fluid. and, if you want, take more towels freeze them the night b4, and put them in the cooler. When they got you staging again, right before you close the hood, take the towels and wrap the intake tube, cuz that thing gets amazingly hot, this helps to 1, cool it down and 2, keep it cool. #4 Traction control OFF, O/D OFF, put shifter in 1. #5, go arround the water in the burnout box. #6 do a very small burnout, cuz you will get SOME water on your tires no matter what. #7 Stage very shallow (when you get the second staging lights, you can move forward a little bit more, but you dont want to.) #8 when both are staged, Hold brake, (not too hard, but hard enough you dont inch forward) and rev to 2500rpm. #9 As SOON as the last yellow comes on, let go of the brake, and continue to roll into the throttle (immediately get to 1/2 throttle, and by 60 ft you should be 100%) #10 Keeping it floored, shift when your RPMs get to 5800 so that it shifts at 6000. #11. Keep it in second all the way through the traps, even if you hit the rev limiter, it will be at the moment you pass through the traps. #12 DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT use brakes at ANY point (unless your losing control and you need to scratch the run, but a 14/5 second car should not have any problems with that) oh, and obviously, use brakes when youve finished the run :). #13, when your through the traps, pull the parachute and cut the fuel :)

Gl next time. if your car is runnin good, you should grab a mid to high 14 with the mods you have.

Good job and glad ya had fun.

What killed your times are those horrible 60 foot times. I know those cars don't launch for anything without some gears and a stall converter, but were the wheels spinning at all? Did you drive around or through the water box? Did you do burnouts before running?

Every tenth you lower the short time, you usually gain 2 tenths at the end.

You'll get the hang of it. Not bad for your first time.

Debi, you need to stop putting titles like that up! You send my mind straight to the gutter! Btw, next time you cum to town I'll teach you how to launch that thing ;)

Way to go girl!
Practice, practice, practice.
A dash of patience and cat like reflexes!
Mr Wilson had really good tips to follow.
You have a really good baseline numbers to work with.

She won't get a mid 14 with it, but it should be low 15 second capable. I will find out soon enough as we are hosting Debi for Carlisle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back