I know everyone hates them....but just installed lambo doors!

C-Snizzle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got done installing one of my hinges for my lambo doors. I know I know not everyone likes them, I do, please dont hate on me for it. I looked for info on how to do them on here, but no one had pics with the fenders off. So for anyone interested here are some so-so pics of what the hinge looks like mounted on a Lincoln LS.

Picture638.gif

Picture640.gif

Picture641.gif

Picture643.gif

Picture648.gif

hey snizzle.. I know that lots of us, would like to see this as a write up in the tech forum. While not everyone wants to do this, there are some that do.. and having a write up w/ pictures of a "how to" would be great..

I'm sure a "how-to" would have saved you alot of time and effort.

Looks very tight, but your exhaust pipes are way too long, put shorter ones.

They are pretty cool C!:cool:

I wouldn't be able to use those Lambo doors like that in my garage for fear of banging them into the open garage door.
:D

I think(all subjective) lambo doors look best on a Lamborghini. I give you a lot of credit for the project and your pride in ownership.

The doors look nice. It looks like you woked hard to put them on.

But, Is it just me, or does it look like you can barely get in the car after these are installed? I've always thought after market lambo doors looked that way. I've never seen a picture straight on from the side that shows how much room you've actually got to get in there.

Please post pics from that angle if you've got them.

mharrison said:
The doors look nice. It looks like you woked hard to put them on.

But, Is it just me, or does it look like you can barely get in the car after these are installed? I've always thought after market lambo doors looked that way. I've never seen a picture straight on from the side that shows how much room you've actually got to get in there.

Please post pics from that angle if you've got them.

depends on the door kit you get, some open a little, some open a lot.View attachment 23459

View attachment 23460

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The doors were not adjusted yet. There is an adjustment on them that moves the point that they stop opening. The way the doors are in the pics there really wasnt much room to get in and out, but I have adjusted it now so I have plenty of room to get in and out. I am not going to lie...this was A LOT of work, but I like the way they came out and I am happy with the look. I will post better pics of them outside tomorrow when it gets light out. And thanks for all the compliments....keep the comments coming. :D

looks tight.. i had pics wit the fender off.. next time ask :D

love the color of the whip.. whats next?

yes it is.. but u have to be able to open it urself and close it urself.. pretty much.. it goes up and down by itself but wont close or open.. me and my friend tried to make a completely automated door.. we decided to use the mechanism found in the trunk of the caddy to close the door properly.. we had a problem opening the door and having it push out far enough to get pass the bump stop placed to not scratch the door.. good luck with that one..

autoloc.com i believe has a video of the door automated

yes it is.. but u have to be able to open it urself and close it urself.. pretty much.. it goes up and down by itself but wont close or open.. me and my friend tried to make a completely automated door.. we decided to use the mechanism found in the trunk of the caddy to close the door properly.. we had a problem opening the door and having it push out far enough to get pass the bump stop placed to not scratch the door.. good luck with that one..

autoloc.com i believe has a video of the door automated

lseguy said:
Question..any of the doors motorized? Is that an option?
It is not an option but you could do it with a linear actuator instead of the two shocks. But you would need to run it through an alarm system or some kind of switch. The problem you would have is if the actuator ever failed you would have a hard time getting the door open, and linear actuators are not very fast;) .

P.S. DAMN YOU SNIZZLE, YOU ARE GONNA MAKE ME GET MY DUB'S AND DROP BEFORE SPRING!!:D :D

I was gonna wait until winter is over here in KC. That close up pic of your passenger wheel is NICE.

Members online

No members online now.
Back