I Hate People

Tru-Blu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
They say bad things come in 3's.....

I've had 2 on the LS in one day, so I can't wait to see what number 3 is.

#1 - At a complete stop on the expressway due to construction traffic. Got tagged on the bumper from a clueless lady behind me who wasn't paying attention to aforementioned stopped traffic. While I only see a few scratches that "might" buff out, I do confirm that the center ground effects panel between the exhaust tips has broken away from the mounts, and is now just flapping in the breeze. She can't believe that I want to call it in. "Lady, you just hit a Lincoln. It costs money just to think about repairing it." Of course, she's in a '90 Geo Prism that could have easily been ready for a midget demolition derby. Get the estimate, and hooray, $640.00 buckaroos to replace the piece, repaint it and the bumper. Gotta love Michigan for it's "worst-in-the-nation" no-fault insurance system.

#2 - While at the body shop getting the estimate, I was looking around the rest of the car, and what do I find...... a nice ding on the front passenger door right above the molding that wasn't there yesterday. Awesome. You know, I try to park away from everybody - make sure that I'm respecting other people's stuff and doing the best I can to make sure my baby is not in "sure-ding" environment. Doesn't matter. Some idiot HAS to park way out next to me AND be in a hurry to get out and kiss my door with theirs.

There are just times when snapping like Michael Douglas does in the movie Falling Down seems like a good thing. Anyone have a bazooka I could borrow?

TRU

double_park.png

haters gunna hate

I like the parking job, but then they just roll shopping carts into it. It sucks about the door, I can't stand arrogant people who don't care about others' property. Makes you want to keep a ball peen hammer in the glove box and decorate their car. It seems the only way to prevent dings is to not park it anywhere but your own driveway. Then again, even my friends X used to ding his door :rolleyes:

$600... That's what I got after someone hit my rear bumper... stopped in the middle lane of 3 lanes at a red light with no one around, this guy drives into the back of me at what I judge to be about 20 mph. It really needed new chrome, and a new bumper cover, and then paint.... not sure how that gets done for $600. They deliberately low ball it so you have to get the job re quoted and worked on somewhere (instead of doing it yourself to save some $$) so that people don't just do it to collect checks. Make sure if you fix it yourself, you send in pictures proving the repair so WHEN it happens again, they don't say tough luck.

Problem is, if you take up more than 1 spot then you're almost begging for someone to come up and either key or ding your car.

I'd love to invent some type of method of electrying the metal shell of the car so if someone puts their door into it they'd get a nice big chargeback.

TRU - That's All, Volts

That sucks TRU - as far as parking in two spots, I try to do that but I always end up getting some stupid ass cop who just needs to write me a ticket. One time in particular, I went to see a movie and the theater lot was HUGE. This movie was on a Sunday or Monday night or something so NO ONE was there. I parked wayyyy far back in two spots under a light. When I came out of the movie, there wasn't a car within 20+ spots of me so it wasn't like I was preventing someone from parking there. As I got closer to my car, I had a nice ticket for improper parking...I was pissed to say the least and this wasn't the last time it happened to me.

when i park the ls at the mall where i work i park miles away its worth it in the end id say 6 out of the 10 peoples cars that i work with got keyed in the parking lot for no reason

Yeah man I go nuts myself, I also got a nice ding on the passenger side door going to try the dry ice method. I always park like a far distance from the main entrance just so no one parks near me but the one time you do and bam! never seems to fail

+1000000000000000 park next to expensive cars as I'm sure they'd be just as pissed. Pppl in Geo metros and sh1t are driving those for a reason.....

Damn thay sucks man. I was waitin in my car once to pick up my girlfriend and these 2 chicks park next to me, she flings the door open and my stomach just dropped. Luckily it barely touched my door and it did not leave a mark. Good thing it wasn't a guy,my blood would've boiled. I have never hit someone else car with my door. I always stick my hand on the edge of my door if it seems close.

Damn thay sucks man. I was waitin in my car once to pick up my girlfriend and these 2 chicks park next to me, she flings the door open and my stomach just dropped. Luckily it barely touched my door and it did not leave a mark. Good thing it wasn't a guy,my blood would've boiled. I have never hit someone else car with my door. I always stick my hand on the edge of my door if it seems close.

ive never hit anybodys car either ill do the same and stick my hand out and hold the door the worst thing to do is park next to a mini van because mini van means kids and kids they will hit your car with doors and scrape up against it i got a kid that lived next door to me and was riding his bike scratched the handle bars all across the side of my moms car

I don't know about parking next to Mercedes, BMW's and other high end vehicles. I've seen some of these vehicles, driven by high priced divas on their way to their Pilates & Yoga classes, park like shiaaat! They're late for pedicure appointments and I've seen them fling their door open and wham!!! They look around to see if anyone witnessed their lack of concern and go merrily about their business like nothing happened. WTF:confused: You just can't catch a break these days. Sorry Bro for your situation:(

I was at a mall a few weeks back. I parked close because I was in a hurry. When I got back in my car a lady pulled in next to me. I was just getting ready to start it up to leave. The lady opens her door so hard that my car moved from the impact. I didn't just feel the knock. It was like someone pushed on the side of the car to rock it. She didn't even bother looking to see if she made a dent. She just shut her door and walked away like nothing happened. I was so stunned I just sat there with my mouth open. WTF? Long story short, minor dent but no paint damage. Just another one to add to the collection on the passenger side of my car where my kids bikes are slowly destroying it.
:mad::confused::(

i park pretty far in the lots too....dont u hate it when you see cars parked all crooked like they don't know how to drive. Then they park the driver's side door like 2 inches away from the car next to them. girls are the most oblivious creatures in existance. i just had a b*tch open my passenger's side door right into a fire hydrant. needless to say....she got an a$$ poundin later that night...

i park pretty far in the lots too....dont u hate it when you see cars parked all crooked like they don't know how to drive. Then they park the driver's side door like 2 inches away from the car next to them. girls are the most oblivious creatures in existance. i just had a b*tch open my passenger's side door right into a fire hydrant. needless to say....she got an a$$ poundin later that night...

They are not oblivious to what they did, trust me, I'm married. They just pretend that it didn't happen :shifty:

I don't know about parking next to Mercedes, BMW's and other high end vehicles. I've seen some of these vehicles, driven by high priced divas on their way to their Pilates & Yoga classes, park like shiaaat! They're late for pedicure appointments and I've seen them fling their door open and wham!!! They look around to see if anyone witnessed their lack of concern and go merrily about their business like nothing happened. WTF:confused: You just can't catch a break these days. Sorry Bro for your situation:(

yeah same here. in my neck of the woods a lot of the mercendes, bmws, etc seem to be driven by spoiled housewives that have absolutely no concern for cars (others' or even their own).

my father still parks in two spots even though he's already been keyed (and the guy left a note explaining that was the reason). i'm sure it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

I always tell my wife to park next to Mercedes, BMW's, etc...
because no matter how close we park to their car... they will NOT ding my door.

wearhouse.jpg

Good point...untill the benz or bmw pull out & in comes the s***y ride that doesnt give a damn:mad:

damn TRU, that f#&*ing sucks bro. i cant believe she was pissed that you wanted to call it in because SHE hit you, i would have told her call it in or get an a$$ beating, your choice!

i had a kid hit the back of my mark once while stopped at a red light, my trailer hitch when right through his bumper but stopped him from hitting my bumper, then he started giving me some bull sh!t story that if i call the cops he would for sure lose his liciense, so i made him pay me $50 for my troubles and time, and as he was backing his car off of my hitch, it caught just right and pulled his bumper smooth the f@#% off of his car. that instantly took away all of my anger from this kid and i spent the rest of the week laughing about it.

i always try to park somewhere where there is only a parking space on one side of the car, you know how they have those curbed grass islands (maybe even with a small tree or something), that way i can park right up against the curb and leave as much room on the exposed side as possible.

BTW taking up two spots is just asking for some mouth breather to come by and key it, but every once and a while if me and a bunch of friends all drive someplace, we will all park on the line so that 5 cars only take up 6 spots.

i always try to park somewhere where there is only a parking space on one side of the car, QUOTE]

+1

At school they have these big cement pillar, about 2 per row in the parking structure so I park next to it really close so even if the guy next to me parks bad, as long as hi's not over the parking line, even if his tire is on it, I'll still be a good safe distance away

double_park.png

haters gunna hate

I've seen cars that are parked like that get keyed, purely because they parked like that...

I always tell my wife to park next to Mercedes, BMW's, etc...
because no matter how close we park to their car... they will NOT ding my door.

wearhouse.jpg

Yea, except many of those people that buy their wives or children those car and they don't give a f*ck because they didn't buy it.

That really sucks hopefully if thing come in three's the third won't be the worst. As of parking as far away from any others, i have found people still seem want to park right next to you even if there were three spot on either side of you thats what really gets me.

+1 g4rgoyle

When I was workin at ntb I'd park cocked as hell, but still in my spot, next to a pole, still leaving plenty of space for someone to park next to it. But most ppl went to a different spot :). Or I jus parked out back across 3 spots lol

i always try to park somewhere where there is only a parking space on one side of the car, you know how they have those curbed grass islands (maybe even with a small tree or something), that way i can park right up against the curb and leave as much room on the exposed side as possible.

I do that too, but here's the thing, you park like that because you are hoping the person that's gonna roll into the vacant side have enough brain to figure out that you want some space between your car and his/her . Well, there's been many times when the vehicle parking next to me decided that it was OK to inch closer because there's too much room between the yellow line. WTF :slam

Members online

No members online now.
Back