I hate mark viiis!!!!

jtmforever

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've owned a 1993 and a 1995 mark viii. To me, it seems like some of the most important sensors on these cars are so difficult to change. For example, the oxygen sensors and the iac. Another issue is that many people have cold start rough idling and hesitation and nobody has really figured out why. The transmission also has issues where it gets too hot and reduce the life of the transmission fluid causing shutter. I brought these cars because it's rare and i love the power of the 4.6 dohc INtech engine. But after owning these two cars, i think the cons outweigh the pros.

With all that said, I decided to buy a 1996 Fleetwood with the lt1 engine. The engine compartment has alot more room to change everything easily. The 4l60e transmission (I know has its issues too) has less drivetrain power loss and doesn't develop shutter too often.

I guess I'm just upset because my 1995 Mark Viii engine just recently blew and my 1993 mark viii is running terrible after checking and replacing everything.

Your transmission gets too warm because you're still using the radiator to cool it

And if your cars still running badly....then you haven't checked everything

And the sensors aren't hard to change, you just need to know the tricks to getting to them. IAC on a gen1- remove wiper cowl, 5 bolts and 1 plug

With all that said, I decided to buy a 1996 Fleetwood with the lt1 engine. The engine compartment has alot more room to change everything easily. The 4l60e transmission (I know has its issues too) has less drivetrain power loss and doesn't develop shutter too often.

Can't argue about the Fleetwood being easier to work on. The LT1 engine also produces a lot more low rpm torque. I wouldn't mind having this engine in my Mark.

So why announce it here? Who cares, go drive what you like.

There is one Chevy I would drive, I like the SS 1500.

The Impala in my sig is the wife's and was purchased prior to the GM's massive tax payer bail out. They are now officially Government Motors and a complete drain on our society and I will, no way, ever again purchase one of their vehicles.

Jesus man keep the government bailout political crap off the forums..that argument has been beat to.death..besides the car he bought is 15+ years old, long before the bailout..the guy is just saying he bought a vehicle to replace one of his mark viiis..BFD

Would that be the Northstar engine of what ever its called? The ones that are guaranteed to blow head gaskets if I recall.

I almost made the same choice before finding the Mark VIII. I did not want an old person car.

Would that be the Northstar engine of what ever its called? The ones that are guaranteed to blow head gaskets if I recall.

I almost made the same choice before finding the Mark VIII. I did not want an old person car.

No the fleetwood was based off the roadmaster and caprice just a larger wheelbase I believe, all used the small block, some came with the lt1 350 some with the 305.

Cadillac Fleetwood's from 94-96 came with the LT1 and had a tow rating of 7000 lbs.

:headbang::zgreenbou:bash::steering:hump::ricesmile:q:nos::nxsmile:soapbox::thread::bow::invasion::wave:bsflag:
Cadillac Fleetwood's from 94-96 came with the LT1 and had a tow rating of 7000 lbs.

hip hip hooray, Ed's Back!!!

:shifty:

this can only mean good times are ahead

can't we all just get along?

the LT1 sensors are easier to get to because they knew you'd be changing them all the time, what a piece of ****. LQ9 swap.. one day

That being said, I actually ordered a hitch for my Fleetwood last week, it should be here tomorrow.

compare6.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare4.jpg

compare3.jpg

compare7.jpg

Meh, I also have cold start woes. This car is going to have trouble this winter, cranking up in the morning. Haven't stopped working on the car, since I have gotten it. I have patience, and I just have to stick it out. Best of luck with the Fleetwood!

Hmm, Alexandria, Louisiana?

We got a thanks button how about a BAN button. Get enough people to use it for one person and they are banned

I've owned a 1993 and a 1995 mark viii. To me, it seems like some of the most important sensors on these cars are so difficult to change. For example, the oxygen sensors and the iac. Another issue is that many people have cold start rough idling and hesitation and nobody has really figured out why. The transmission also has issues where it gets too hot and reduce the life of the transmission fluid causing shutter. I brought these cars because it's rare and i love the power of the 4.6 dohc INtech engine. But after owning these two cars, i think the cons outweigh the pros.

I guess I'm just upset because my 1995 Mark Viii engine just recently blew and my 1993 mark viii is running terrible after checking and replacing everything.
You can always take it to someone that knows what there doing and have them fix it for you.

Members online

Back