I hate mark viiis!!!!

marauder does not have the same engine. it has c heads. mark has b heads.

i'm also not convinced that GTP was stock. because last time i raced a supercharged monte carlo ss, i had no issues with putting him a few car lengths back, and the SS got the jump. my car was stock at the time as well.

the videos also show a 2nd gen. they really wake up with a tune. stock they are a dog.

marauder does not have the same engine. it has c heads. mark has b heads.

i'm also not convinced that GTP was stock. because last time i raced a supercharged monte carlo ss, i had no issues with putting him a few car lengths back, and the SS got the jump. my car was stock at the time as well.

the videos also show a 2nd gen. they really wake up with a tune. stock they are a dog.

Correct, and correct. That GTP was definitely modded in that video. And funny you say that chris. I actually believe you because I waxed one of those turds back when I was running 14s on a stock intake. LOL

The LT1 is a good engine..but a word of caution.

OPTISPARK.

I don't remember it being a pain to change this out, but it was time consuming for sure, having to get some of the accessories out of the way. But in '95, they improved the design of the O.S. so water wouldn't get in them easily, especially from a failing water pump.

I definitely miss my Roadmaster and wish I could have kept it longer to customize it into a bagged wagon. At least I sold it to another enthusiast on the impala forum.

Guys, I have to use these online reference memes which are meant for these types of occasions because if I start writing I will be banned!

aaaa-Bad-ass-meme.jpg

RustyVSBilly - YouTube

lt1 buick roadmaster vs. mustang gt

The mark Viii can't even beat a gtp. GTP vs Lincoln Mark 8 (v8) Dig - YouTube and GTP vs Lincoln Mark 8 (v8) - YouTube.
The LT1 B-Body vs. same 4.6 DOHC engine marauder. 2003 Marauder vs Impalla - YouTube

So these are some fast cars huh? Leaving everyone astonished at their awesome power?...

26195.jpg

WhatifItoldyou3.jpg

If I install add on's to a Civic I'd blow your roof off, the Mustang's roof off, our Mark VIII's roof off, etc... I HATE imports but these damn kids now-a-days throw all this money into their import & walk all over us. So reference those videos Post them with REAL specifications next to them. Do you even know who owns these cars PERSONALLY?

Now, reference you being pissed off at your Mark VIII's? Get rid of them & enjoy your Caddy but don't come trying to compare apples to... couches! Lol. This is a LINCOLN FORUM. You are NOT going to convince us your CADILLAC COUCH is jet powered.

11109007.jpg

Go enjoy your Caddy Couch & do us all a favor, start posting in the Cadillac section where you may inspire other Fleetwood Seniors to drag race their couches.

This thread reminds me of back in high school when my buddy had a 2-door 350ci Impala with minor mods. We pulled up to a light coming home from vo-tech and literally got our asses handed to us by an old guy in a new Caddy when the light turned green.

We almost pissed ourselves laughing so hard; he literally left us just sitting at the light!

nope, but u said smart well who builds up a roadmaster i mean thats the first clue. ill bet the title to both my marks and the nav. that this kids never going to get a call from nasa asking him to come to work... just saying

I actually own both of these cars, they each have their purpose and benefits over the other, this is one of those apples and oranges discussions, good luck with that.

just for fun here are some numbers from edmunds

LT1 Fleetwood
Curb weight: 4478 lbs.
Torque: 335 ft-lbs. @ 2400 rpm
Horsepower: 260 hp @ 5000 rpm
EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 15/23 mpg

LSC
Curb weight: 3768 lbs
Torque: 290 ft-lbs. @ 4500 rpm
Horsepower: 290 hp @ 5750 rpm
EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 15/24 mpg

both do have a purpose i get that marks 4 class n speed while the roadmaster is for the store.if u buy a car to build u dont loge on to the marina web site. i understand the mark is big car.but its not a 4 door...yes i understand ther is no written laws on building a 4 door but come on who does this..who builds 4 door hot rods..nobody true muscle cars were not offered as a 4 door not a option.. ill list a few..mustang,comaro,corvett,mark viii,yep i put us in ther. as the years go on u will see more n more of them in shows. they have a true hot rod power plant nice body 2 doors.. u didnt see many 70 model monte carlos at the shows before they are big heavy cars but now that mustangs n comaro from that era and older r getting hard to find guys r going to the bigger body cars monte torino n that. the mark will fall in line but the roadmaster not so mutch.:p;):D:D:D

both do have a purpose i get that marks 4 class n speed while the roadmaster is for the store.if u buy a car to build u dont loge on to the marina web site. i understand the mark is big car.but its not a 4 door...yes i understand ther is no written laws on building a 4 door but come on who does this..who builds 4 door hot rods..nobody true muscle cars were not offered as a 4 door not a option.. ill list a few..mustang,comaro,corvett,mark viii,yep i put us in ther. as the years go on u will see more n more of them in shows. they have a true hot rod power plant nice body 2 doors.. u didnt see many 70 model monte carlos at the shows before they are big heavy cars but now that mustangs n comaro from that era and older r getting hard to find guys r going to the bigger body cars monte torino n that. the mark will fall in line but the roadmaster not so mutch.:p;):D:D:D

ctsv, g8 gxp, srt8 300c, I'm willing to bet there are more modded or built cars of any of those models than lincoln mark viiis

drive what makes you happy, make a mercury sable fast if that's your thing

Cadillac_Supercharged_05.jpg

Cadillac_Supercharged_03.jpg

i was talking about modding stock cars not building race cars who cares about body of drag thats all about moter n speed but ok thats 1 of a hand full of 4 door cars made to drag.. do u see it at the car shows no thats a drag strip..g m sucks all around cars buissness since u no whatever g m does will fail at some point...buy the way that caddy missed its prim chance to b something believe they called it cash 4 clunker..also is that what u do to a caddy after that piece of sh** northstare blows a head gasket if so count me out,,

Really in race cars it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. It is as good as the components bought and the builder. But for 1993-98 Mark VIII's are great cars with lots of potential that in 93 came stock with 30 more HP than a Corvette. All it takes is know how and a little bit of money to make one a real performer. Yes they didn't come as outstanding performers. They were more luxury but they all had the easily obtainable performance side.

Back when I got into modding my 98, before then I had no idea at all what could be done to these cars. I wanted to go faster and needless to say I got a much more gratifying response than I would have if I was in the LS section asking about how I can make my LS go fast.

I started from scratch and asked for advice. Once knowledgeable members told me what can be done, I quickly realized that these cars are just as modifiable as your common Mustang. Gears, stall, headers, intake, u/d pullies, shift kits, forged internals, Cobra crank, Vortech, Procharger, etc. You can do it all. The Teksid block can handle boatloads of power. More power than any typical bolt-on Mark VIII could ever produce. Burbank LSC ran 10s on the 4.6 block with less than $1000 in the bottom end and some heavier internals with some boost. If I recall, he was around 600rwhp and he was nowhere near pushing the limits of the Teksid block. And the stock tranny held up for all of those 10 second passes. That's representing. :cool:

Members online

Back