I Hate LS Owners Here

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I should say that I do not hate ALL, but as Title says, the ones I try to talk to where I am are total asshats. Least I know there are some out there by coming by here and reading all the funny stuff.

Today I got out of work, was freakin tired after working non-stop for 9hrs and got to my car, opened up the door and sat down, fired up the engine and kinda zonked out into a daze. I hear this car roll up beside me, thinking it was a co-work as no one usually parks where I do I open my eyes and look over and see a gorgeous '06 LS, red. I perk up and its some guy, probably early 30's and he gets out kinda staring my way. So naturally I say "nice LS, looks great, '06 right?"

He just stares at me and than goes "Yep, thanks. v8 too." So I reply, "cool, I knew it was a v8 man, all 06s are." "What are you, some LS expert? he groans. "Nope, just I had an '02 a couple years back or more and am apart of site and..." get cut off "well good for you, could not afford it obviously since you are driving that thing."

So I get alittle ticked but say "yea, no, I could afford it no problem, I could probably have about 2 or 3 if I did not have the other vehicles but yea, I got rid of it cause I got alittle bored." He says "whatever makes ya feel better dude and than out of nowhere, I'd smoke your ass in any of these other cars you have." Anyway, I just laughed and said if he wanted to run 'em I would have no problem but he just walked away and I said "yea, you asshats are all the same, big talk, better than anyone in your depreciated pos." Alittle hasty I know but I just said it since we are know they plung in value like a rock tossed into the sea.

Someday I may run into one nice LS owner around here.

I just wish there was LS owners around me that actually cared about their LS's

Interesting

That's a crazy odd story; anybody that drives these things knows that we are not necessarily "looked up to" by the general driving populace. Especially as they get more affordable for tools who pimp them out to ridiculous extremes and make the ride look silly.

At any rate, its essentially a $35K ride for exactly one minute and then it tanks. His arrogance is because he is punk and would probably be a punk in an 1978 Toyota (which I have driven as well).

Oh, and I am a nice LS driver (and was a nice Toyo driver as well). A little p'd off at times because of all the cash I have to pour into this ride but nice just the same. And I drive a V6.

Better luck next time brother, you'll find a good one just itching to hear a complement one day (and one who knows better than to challenge anybody to a race in these things)!

I woulda told him the LS was too slow, so you bought your current ride.

The guy sounds like a doucher.

yea, definitely was a doucher. I have made this thread cause about 4 others have been similiar, most of them are just like caught off guard that someone would compliment their car. But this was the first time in over a year I had tried to be nice cause this LS was the nicest I have seen in awhile. Guess maybe it was a fresh off the used lot, probably have dents and crap on it the next time i see it around

Wow, what a jerk!

Best just to not talk to people. Period.

:D

^ yea, sound advice that I usually follow :)

You shouldn't talk to strangers anyways... LOL

Have you ever seen the amount of unhappy people out there????

I haven't met any LS owners around Daytona that actually know anything about them. Most of my friends and family probably wouldn't know what kind of car they were driving if it wasn't plastered all over it. LOL

yea, definitely was a doucher. I have made this thread cause about 4 others have been similiar, most of them are just like caught off guard that someone would compliment their car. But this was the first time in over a year I had tried to be nice cause this LS was the nicest I have seen in awhile. Guess maybe it was a fresh off the used lot, probably have dents and crap on it the next time i see it around

I can tell you from experience... if you told me i had a nice ride i would be flattered. I hear it alot but it never gets old. I love the expression when i tell people my LS is a 2000' :eek: :eek: :eek: They always think its brand new

+1. I showed mine to my probation officer. She thought it was a brand new lincoln :D

I usually don't get compliments till people ride in my car. I am always suprised when someone does say something though. I have never met anyone in person that had any clue as to the particulars of the car though.

Most think its FWD, 4.6l or built on the Taurus Platform.

I see plenty of LS's mostly 1st Gens but the owners don't take care of them.

What a douche.

I get compliments from time to time and am far from a jerkoff to people. Not all of us are morons. Well, except PetesSweetsBeatsHisMeat.

Sorry to hear that man-
I usually wave to the other LS owners I see, kind of like the Jeep thing, sometimes I get a wave back sometimes I don't. But most younger people I see in them seem cool to the fact that another LS owner is peeping out their ride.

eh, maybe if I had an LS still it'd be different, but I don't and probably won't have one ever again unless I find a very nice one for a nice price but I already have enough vehicles.

Yea I wave to every LS owner I see as well. Even had a little highway street battle with another LS. All I did was pull up aside him and point at him, then myself a couple times to get his attention, he smiled back, and we were off! Then some random guy in a buick was trying to get in on the action. I pulled ahead and exited and the other LS honked his horn as I was taking my off ramp. He obviously took care of his car too, felt good to see another LS enthusiast! :p

That is my only story of another LS driver that is positive. Other times people don't even think anything of it if I am waving to them driving the same model car as them... Often times their cars are beaten to hell it seems. Poor poor LS's :[

I had another LS park next to mine at my son's graduation last week.
I told him "nice car", and he complimented my taste.
Not all of us are a/hats, ya dumbs$!*...j/k...:)
I also had the guy at the local dealer compliment me, when he said most of the LS's he sees are with people who let them go. Mine is still nice, because I work my butt off on it every weekend!(detailing and what-not)

Well sorry but I would roll a trashed dented LS before I would drive a brand spanking new Cobolt...SS or not.

Mines hardly dented, actually not a single ding but I couldn't see myself stricking up a conversation with a Cobolter.

This story sounds like it is the opposite of what would normally be.

Members online

No members online now.
Back