I got my 2004 LS V8 to rev like a normal engine..!

04BlackLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post and I did search to see if there was a similar post and could not find one. So last night my car started to make a noise when I turned as if the power steering pump had no fluid but the reservoir was full. I put it on some ramps and took off the intake so I could see the pump from above, then started the engine. Out of curiosity if I could hear it in the garage I revved it and it shot up like a normal car does, I was astounded. Would that have to do with the fact that it was in Fail Safe mode? Thank you. And sorry for the long post

I've actually added an 03 to the stable as of recent and the slow to rev up in PARK and NEUTRAL concerns me, it's really slow and needs fixing, no way this is normal.

In another forum this reving up the engine under no load we call " piss reving " ,

:)

When the car was in fail safe, it was revving as if it did not have the electric throttle body, BigRig. Mine usually does the annoying slow rev as well. All Gen II's do that, it's really annoying. I just have no idea why mine didn't in fail safe.

Yeah, I have seen some youTube vids where it's slow but this 03 we got is even slower, has a bit of a hesitation in it, as in when the pedal goes down, it waits a slight bit before it begins to climb and when it does, it's real slow to increase. Only hits 2.5K RPM also. Not sure if it needs fixing or I even want to. <shrugs>

No. too busy as of late.
it's doing it's job actually, so not broken I figure.

I've actually added an 03 to the stable as of recent and the slow to rev up in PARK and NEUTRAL concerns me, it's really slow and needs fixing, no way this is normal.

what is to be concerned about?

it is normal FOR this car... that's just how it was programmed. think about the target demographic, what need would they have for free revving their motor?

are you sure that it is 2.5k RMPs? it should rev all the way to 3k (after enough time lol)

The Thunderbird had free revving, would there be a possibility of using their programming? It may seem stupid but that is something I'd like to have on the car all the time, not just Fail Safe mode

I'm just not used to it with the 1st GEN and all. It's not me driving it daily so ...

The Thunderbird had free revving, would there be a possibility of using their programming? It may seem stupid but that is something I'd like to have on the car all the time, not just Fail Safe mode

Are you sure that you aren't comparing 1st gen to 2nd gen?

Yes, I've seen videos of a 2005 Thunderbird revving as my car did but they did not have to induce Fail Safe mode for it

No. too busy as of late.
it's doing it's job actually, so not broken I figure.
Hey BigRig, this sounds like the programming they have on the Cummins ISX where it's really sluggish until the clutch engagement point doesn't it?

From what I've learned throughout my time here... the second gens have electronic throttle control (ETC) that operates off of the readings submitted by three corresponding throttle positon sensors. When the car is in park (or in Neutral I believe...) It's free revving ability is limited to approximately 3k rpms. It's throttle response is also very limited.

The bigger question is... why are you revving your LS? Lol

Just one throttle position sensor, two or three pedal position sensors...

I'm very disappointed with the performance of my car while parked or in neutral. There is hesitation, poor gas mileage, a sluggish almost non-existant feel from the engine, and I'm literally being passed by snails.

Can someone please tell me how to make my car perform better in Neutral and Park? So tired of this damn LS!

I'm very disappointed with the performance of my car while parked or in neutral. There is hesitation, poor gas mileage, a sluggish almost non-existant feel from the engine, and I'm literally being passed by snails.

Can someone please tell me how to make my car perform better in Neutral and Park? So tired of this damn LS!

If you think that's bad, try it with the key turned off.

My LS won't perform at all when I'm in bed. I can't figure it out. I have flown through the air and jumped over mountains in my sleep but I can't get this car to do anything.

My LS won't perform at all when I'm in bed. I can't figure it out. I have flown through the air and jumped over mountains in my sleep but I can't get this car to do anything.

While it is probably going to sleep, it may not be making all the way to RVM (Rapid Vehicle Movement) sleep.

While it is probably going to sleep, it may not be making all the way to RVM (Rapid Vehicle Movement) sleep.
Well, at least it will still pass the Nocturnal Vehicle Emissions Test.

I can't seem to get my LS to........... oh wait I don't own an LS. :rolleyes:

Members online

Back