I got my 2004 LS V8 to rev like a normal engine..!

Come one guys... don't thread jack. This one was really going somewhere.

Come one guys... don't thread jack. This one was really going somewhere.
Yeah, sorry. I guess we were just passing the time practicing our pastime.

I know my 1st gen would bounce off the 3k rev limiter.

Has anyone tried pulling any fuses for this? Has anyone tried disabling traction control?

i've heard if you get the shifter wedged between park and reverse, or neutral and drive, the engine will rev like its in gear, without engaging the trans.
but i sure as hell am not gonna try it.

C'mon guys. Do you realize that some here might not recognize the 'tongue-in-cheek-ness' of the replies here?:rolleyes:

KS

Yeah yeah fun stuff and all, now let's get back to why the 2nd GEN sucks so much!
At this point it 1st GEN for the win. Regardless of a few less ponies.

So what is the point of revving it up in park/neutral?

loud-noises.gif

loud-noises.gif

So what is the point of revving it up in park/neutral?

I'm not sure Joe, what is the point of not doing so? Never have a need to check something or just get a feel for something new?
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why it's there, just odd that they had no concerns for it when doing the 1st GEN builds, (yes by cable, I get it)

It has an aftermarket exhaust system on it, so thus the revving to hear it I guess.

The thing is, the PO stated to me that it was rather exceptionally slow compared to what he had seen of other 2nd GEN's youTube videos, which I also noticed.

Doesn't trouble me all that much anymore, it was just on first impressions when we got it home and I had a more-in-depth chance to go over it.

In PARK and NEUTRAL, it's extremely slow to respond to the pedal position, extremely slow to get revs up and it only seems to want to climb to 2500.

Not a huge deal, is what it is, car runs like a champ so no real need for concerns or even attempting to fix or even understand why it would need any correction.

Other then that, it's also not my DD, the wife drives this one to work and back and I highly doubt they are doing rev competitions at her work in the parking lot at lunch time.

It was just my first impression VS the 1st GEN ... thought there was something not right about it but now only proves to be bringing water to the ocean with any respect to correcting it.

It needs fresh Uppers in the rear and toe end linkages instead, back of seat needs fastening also, head lights need to be redone ... way more important things need attending to.

~ that's all

Nothing that hasn't already been said before but this is one of the HUGE wrongs with this car, when I need throttle, it isn't there. That takes the sporting potential down a couple notches. Shame.

There is a mod you can do to the pedal assembly that will remove the lag. I think getting a used pedal assembly is also fairly easy and cheap.

However, no one that I am aware of has tried this on the actual LS.

Wife's DD, not my problem
... and apparently I do not ever want a 2nd GEN myself. Big turn off for me. (piss rev or not)

~ Can't have cake every day!

I don't think I have a "lag" in my throttle application. The revs rise very quick for a V8 this size. The only lag I notice is coming off the throttle when it seems to hold the rpms for a little too long.

Wife's DD, not my problem
... and apparently I do not ever want a 2nd GEN myself. Big turn off for me. (piss rev or not)

~ Can't have cake every day!

trust me, I'll take that little weird programming thing vs all of the other setbacks the 1st gen has...

#BeenThereDoneThatHaveTheTShirt

So many problems every where like the seat backs that seems to come lose more so on the 2nd GEN.
I'm just teasing, we have both GEN's now and they are great, there will always be little issues or differences here and there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back