How will you replace your LS?

I think I will keep my LS until it dies since its not worth much in the resale market and I love the car. Looking to get a Porsche 2009 911 S convertible in white/cocoa interior w/ PDK trans as my next toy in 12-24 mo's.

Everybody likes the cts-v but no sts-v love??

sts is much nicer hands down and less common.

I love the STS-V. A guy in my unit has one. I like the CTS-V, they are nice and I've seen one here and there but it's just too small to me. If I would have known more about the STS before I bought the LS I would have went that route. My dad has an STS and it's nice. Plus there much more of an aftermarket for the CTS and STS. I think if I can find one for the right price, it may be my next toy. Not getting rid of the LS ever, just adding to the fleet. Check out this site for more info on tuned CTS and STS. www.d3cadillac.com

I think I'd only get rid of the LS if it was a total loss in a wreck or storm etc.. If it comes to the point of wanting another DD, I'd just sideline the car, and make it an engine swap project and buy something else.

I agree with maybe a BMW, I looked at a '89 M6 (the last of the first 6 series) that I had considered buying that had a lot of the Alpina body spoilers and an aggresive BBS rim package; it looked really tough.

I like the Volvo S60-R quite a bit and would maybe look into one of those. My friend has an '06 with the body kit and he's let me drive it around some and it has me kinda hooked.

volvo1.gif

volvo2.jpg

volvo3.jpg

New... Hyundai Genesis 5.0. Used.... I would probably try and find another '06 LS. I don't like the intrusiveness of GM's electronics. Every GM car can be shut-down at any time by a malicious gummint or disgruntled employee. Cadillac has also had problems with oil usage in their V8s. There just too many BMWs and Mercedes' around here for me.

If I had to get a new car.

No sense in me getting rid of it now. I've spent to much money on things I didn't need :p
Agreed, I have more in mods than what my 01 is worth...

Dude I would rock a G8GXP hard... Those cars look great and have some mean power.
And not many people have them.
I LOVE those cars! I've wanted one since they came out. C'mon 6 liter 6 speed manual 4 door family sedan...too bad they're still wanting $33k for used ones here.

My next ride is going to be an 08 or newer F250 crew cab short box diesel. The more mods you make the better the fuel economy gets, that's a win win.

Agreed, I have more in mods than what my 01 is worth...

I LOVE those cars! I've wanted one since they came out. C'mon 6 liter 6 speed manual 4 door family sedan...too bad they're still wanting $33k for used ones here.

My next ride is going to be an 08 or newer F250 crew cab short box diesel. The more mods you make the better the fuel economy gets, that's a win win.

Not to mention theyre fast in a straight line with tons of torque and if someone pisses you off you can hit em with a black smoke cloud.

I picked up a 1996 olds LSS with the 3800 series v6, my god it is showroom mint I think it will outlast me.

going from the LS to this with nyc potholes is like riding on a cloud, got that old caddy feel to it lol

Not to mention they're fast in a straight line with tons of torque and if someone pisses you off you can hit em with a black smoke cloud.

That's always a plus! Too bad black smoke is unburnt fuel with diesels, but still fun. I had a buddy who did that to people all the time.

Either - Jaguar XF

or

E550 or E63 AMG

My wife wants me to get the XF, but I keep seeing things like "questionable reliability" in reviews. The last thing I need is an expensive new car that needs as much work as my paid-off 11 year old car.

Cts-v the new one of course is a pretty sweet car, coupe is too ugly, sedan has an ugly rear door but the wagon is sweet as hell. I wouldn't mind rollin in one.

As far as LS replacement goes, maybe an e28 euro bmw 535i or an M5 like 1988 sounds good or more realistically since the LS is my DD a bmw 335D which is pretty sweet and fast!

Or maybe an 02 BMW M5, Mercedes E55 03-06, damn even a real nice 95-01 740i sport. Mercedes 280ce 1974 or maybe even an LS.

Im allover the place with this one but still.

My wife wants me to get the XF, but I keep seeing things like "questionable reliability" in reviews. The last thing I need is an expensive new car that needs as much work as my paid-off 11 year old car.

The only major issue they had was the jaguardrive (rotating shifter). The 09s were the only ones with this issue and it was resolved in the later model XFs.

Probably won't replace it. Just have an addition. By the time I get around to replacing I won't get what I want for it so I'll just keep it and baby the hell out of it because then by that time parts will be scarce.

Just talking about it today and if I was going to get a new car I'd actually look into a Taurus SHO, CTS-V, or SRT-10 Ram. I miss my tailgate lol. Would like to see SVT come back with the Lightning. Raptor's are nice but I'm not driving a $50,000 pavement pounder.

Our '04 LS is one of our DDs and it's a great car so I'm not sure what I would get if I had to retire it. I plan to keep it going as long as I can economicaly can - it has about 105K miles now and I've never had any major issues (knock on wood - note to self, change trans fluid again).

I would look at Lincoln again when they go back to a RWD or true AWD. I like the Jaguar XFR so that may be an option. In the meantime our other daily driver is a 2006 S60R - nice fast car and with the warranty up in December I plan to do some basic upgrades in 2012 (downpipe, exhaust, a few track-spec suspension tweaks, front spoiler lip to finish off the factory body kit)....the car doesn't need much done to it. And it's a "Ford"....lol.

P1020897.gif

P1020930.gif

P1020944.gif

http://youtu.be/1qq8rkM0g_A

i really like those volvos, however, is that body kit after market? if it isn't it looks really aftermarket, no likey...

It is factory - I prefer the car with it than without. It needs a front lip though and I don't like the factory winglets but have my sights on an aftermarket front spoiler.

The Jag and the Benz are definitely decent replacements (although I like the CL), the Volvo even within the realm of possibility. Personally I'd prefer a 5 series Bimmer.

The only major issue they had was the jaguardrive (rotating shifter). The 09s were the only ones with this issue and it was resolved in the later model XFs.

I'll take a look into that.

Just yesterday she told me she wants me to get an R class Mercedes. Frickin' station wagon.

I have always been fond of those volvos. Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot about them. I wont be making another vehicle purchase for a few years so who knows what the possibilities will be by then. A lot of great feedback. Once thing I have noticed is that LS owner's taste in cars is decently consistent.

I'll take a look into that.

Just yesterday she told me she wants me to get an R class Mercedes. Frickin' station wagon.

The funny thing is, they put the rotating gear selector through 7 thousand different tests, which involved them dumping 2 liter bottle of pepsi on it.... I am surprised to still see they having issues.

The R class Benz is a nice for what it is, especially the AMG version.

Members online

Back