How to remove tints.....?

razer blades work fine, but NEVER EVER EVER USE A RAZER ON THE REAR GLASS,

rear glass w/ defroster + razer = no defroster

last time il finest gave me a ticket for tint i just took a couple of pics with the front windows down...at the right angle as not to have a reflection...and brought the photos to court ....poof no more ticket.
i also recieved a ticket before that for a u turn ...evidently the sign said no u turn from 4-6 i went to court and told the judge i had no clock and that there were no laws saying i had to have a clock and apologized and they let me off the hook:)

last time il finest gave me a ticket for tint i just took a couple of pics with the front windows down...at the right angle as not to have a reflection...and brought the photos to court ....poof no more ticket.
i also recieved a ticket before that for a u turn ...evidently the sign said no u turn from 4-6 i went to court and told the judge i had no clock and that there were no laws saying i had to have a clock and apologized and they let me off the hook:)

lol..yeah, I always take a pic of every car before I do the windows. I have taken it to court like that also and had it dropped...funny stuff.

I just took mine off so I can replace... It all peeled off and WD-40 removed the bulk of the glue easily with a razor. Acetone took care of the rest.

What KIND of tint?

The black bag works well...but something no one mentioned is the TYPE of tint. If you are removing the cheap Gila crap you buy and do yourself..that stuff always added another 100 bucks to the labor for tint removal in my shop. Granted you may not know what type of tint you have, but if you know for sure its do it yourself store bought junk be prepared for a battle. More often then not it comes off in pieces, particularly if it has bubbled. If you are removing a good quality tint like 3M it will usually come off easily in one piece. Another thing that helps is having a helper outside the vehicle with a heat gun. Beware getting the paint hot though, best to stay away from the painted surfaces altogether. A novice will peel it right off your car.

GL folks.

I took mine off a few weeks ago, and bought some tint removing solution from Wal-Mart. I did the four door windows and it was a lot easier than I expected.
The tint came off pretty much in one piece, just made sure it was really wet and work on getting the corners removed first, then just pulled a bit, sprayed solution, gave it a minute, and pulled, etc.
There was some residue but the solution and a razor blade cleaned it no problem.

Spray it with simple green then stick a garbage bag 2 the inside of the window and let it sit in the sun for a couple hours. Ir comes off just like you were putting it on, no glue left behind.

Yea the garbage bag works the best. First time I did it (didn't know about garbage bag thing), i just pulled the tint off in one corner and the whole peice would come off... I thought ' man that was wayyy too easy'... Thent o realize there is a layer of glue on the window still, I was out there with rubbing alcohol scrubbing off the glue for the rest of the afternoon!

Members online

No members online now.
Back