How to remove tints.....?

xxdjdinot1989xx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to remove window tints ? is it just a pull and tear thing or do i have to do it carefully​

I just pulled...go to autozone and get some film adhesive remover.

some guys soak it with simple green, but I didn't.

It sucks, if I remember you have to spray it with ammonia and put a black plastic bag on it and let it sit. You gotta cover everything in the car just about so you dont spray anything.

I would do a google or even look on youtube. I used some videos on youtube for my tint when I did it myself.

Ahh ha

here http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html

razorblade and simple green

the trick is to start working the corner, once you can get some simple green in between the tint and the window it comes right off, just keep spraying and working it.

otherwise you will have a horrible mess

take your time and do it slowly and it will come right off.

Did you follow the link?

Do you think the fact it pulled right off was good?

I have done it probably 4 times in my life.

the first time it was purple autozone tint....it shredded into pieces and was the worst time of my life....

the other three were thick professional tints. these don't tear and in fact pull right off. worst case scenario the adhesive is left behind which is easily removed with the remover from autozoo.

I don't care if it was "good" or not, but in my experience, it just pulls right off...no chemicals, and no bitcin.

as long as it hasn't been on there since world war 1, my bet is it pulls right off in one piece.

The point is not damaging anything on the rear, pulls off in one piece or not. Your still gunna do something to the defroster unless your exceptionally good. The way I explained is only good advice so as to reduce the odds.

And IMO, a good job wont pull right off. Thats crappy adhesive if you ask me. Nothing to do with the quality of tint.

Pay some kid $20 to shatter the windows. Record the whole thing but don't tell him. Give tape to police as evidence. :shifty:

Window tint removal for $20 :D

The point is not damaging anything on the rear, pulls off in one piece or not. Your still gunna do something to the defroster unless your exceptionally good. The way I explained is only good advice so as to reduce the odds.

And IMO, a good job wont pull right off. Thats crappy adhesive if you ask me. Nothing to do with the quality of tint.

I agree about the defroster, that would be a royale pain.

and yes, good jobs will pull right off. Thick professional tint is made thick to eliminate creasing and scratching thus giving it the ability to pull right off without tearing.

I assumed he was taking of his front windows since they are illegal and he got in trouble.

Im just saying what my experience taught me...Not a post on youtube. :cool:

My link wasnt a youtube post.:rolleyes:

Id stick with a job that dont pull off, it wont bubble or fall of for that mater either.

Go to your local tint shop and ask them what they use. I know some people have used heat guns to soften the glue so it won't peel the defroster with it. And there is a spray also you can buy that will eat the glue. I don't know the name but you spray it right on the tint and then peel it right off. Also W-D 40 works on the glue as well.

windex and a straight razor, never did the rear though. Spray be use the razor should come off in one piece. You have to make sure it stays wet. I don't think anyone or shop will guarantee the rear defrost, price u have to pay.

I assumed he was taking of his front windows since they are illegal and he got in trouble.

yeah today i get pulled over again (ticket 20 dollars) so i just said w.e i didn't pay for the tints to get put on so its not a lose to me only lose is the ticket that ill be paying but yeah i did it and it was pretty easy

i just started to pill off the top part with my razor and then just pulled and when i pulled i sprayed the side with window cleaner and it went off
it looks ok now with out the tints on the front

Pay some kid $20 to shatter the windows. Record the whole thing but don't tell him. Give tape to police as evidence. :shifty:

Window tint removal for $20 :D

I have removed tint before and this is probably the best idea listed.

The most effective and non-destructive way to pull tint is with a steamer. The hand held steamers that you would use to get wrinkles out of your pants is what you use.

I used to have a '90 LSC SE that had window tint that was put on when new. That crap was so baked on that even a razor blade wouldn't get it off good. Plus, You don't want to risk screwing up the defroster wires with the blade. Hold the steamer on the glass for a bit and it usually peels off pretty well. I have used carb-cleaner on a rag to get the sticky goop off of the windows after the tint is pulled off. Works good.;)

well im a window tinter and the easiest way to do it is get a spray bottle with a little soap and water and spray all your windows and put black trash bags on it. let it sit in the sun for a couple hours and go to work tryin to peel it off have a razor handy too

well im a window tinter and the easiest way to do it is get a spray bottle with a little soap and water and spray all your windows and put black trash bags on it. let it sit in the sun for a couple hours and go to work tryin to peel it off have a razor handy too

How dare you! That is totally wrong! JUST PULL IT OFF!:rolleyes:

How dare you! That is totally wrong! JUST PULL IT OFF!:rolleyes:

if you notice..the OP did "just pull it off" and it worked...go figure

no trash bags...no chemicals...WOW

is it possible that in this world there is a way to do things that is NOT J werners idea?

jeez man...more than one way to skin a cat you know. :rolleyes:

I had a cop take mine off for me back when I was 17... all he used was a razor blade. He pulled it off and sent me on my way.

if you notice..the OP did "just pull it off" and it worked...go figure

no trash bags...no chemicals...WOW

is it possible that in this world there is a way to do things that is NOT J werners idea?

jeez man...more than one way to skin a cat you know. :rolleyes:

:lol:

He sure did. This is funny, all Im doing is saying there is a good easy way. All your saying is that it peels right off. Im saying its not always the best and a good job shouldnt just peel directly off ( as in there should be a bit more to it ). Your saying my way is totally wrong.

Take those last words you recently expressed and put them on your grave. Your gunna wish you learned them well in the end.:rolleyes:

:lol:

He sure did. This is funny, all Im doing is saying there is a good easy way. All your saying is that it peels right off. Im saying its not always the best and a good job shouldnt just peel directly off ( as in there should be a bit more to it ). Your saying my way is totally wrong.

Take those last words you recently expressed and put them on your grave. Your gunna wish you learned them well in the end.:rolleyes:

never said you were wrong just that your bags and chemicals were uneeded.

I don't need to take the words to my grave werner, just trying to show you there is more than one way to do alot of things.

I get my experiance from hands on, not by reading "the tint dudes" blog.

i'm just sayin, you always seem to have the "perfect" answer for everything yet your car sat in your garage for weeks with a bad fuel filter...lol :D

i'm just playin with ya...no harm meant.

Members online

Back